What was the evolutionary reason for mongoloids having such round heads lol

D

Deleted member 19944

Mistral
Neotenous, not sharp, etc.

I think it's not something that is prone to evolutionary alphaness. prolly too mch rice and soy over time.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17291 and justinzayn
asians look like something worn away. like a sphinx of egypt losing form and shape over time from wear and tear buffeted by sand.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: KING REIDYZ, Deleted member 17291 and Chinlet Ascension
I have read a theory that round heads are more cold-adapted, because they have a higher volume-to-surface-area ratio.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17291
Id say there’s no advantage, I’d Argument their ancestors which went there thousands and thousands of years ago had these retarded features and now everybody over there has them

• +1
Reactions: epictroll and Deleted member 17291
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17291
I have read a theory that round heads are more cold-adapted, because they have a higher volume-to-surface-area ratio.
So basically their ancestors were inuits who did anything for warmth and resource gathering?

So basically their ancestors were inuits who did anything for warmth and resource gathering?
The theory is that they got exposed to severe cold environments during the last ice age, and developed traits that helped them survive in those conditions (see guys like Richard Lynn, JP Rushton).

I'm not sure if I agree with that in regards to head size. It might just be a byproduct of being selected for more neoteny.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
Possibly it's just a byproduct of neotenic evolution for the most part, which may have played a large role in how Asians developed their big heads and high IQs (byproduct of head size). Additionally, a relatively spherical head is a more efficient way to store a large brain for geometric reasons.

Cold adaptation may also play a role (in theory, a round head retains heat better, like another poster said above), although Inuit people are known to not be brachycephalic on average IIRC, and they are indigenous to the coldest (traditionally inhabited) climate on earth.

• +1
Reactions: Detona
Possibly it's just a byproduct of neotenic evolution for the most part, which may have played a large role in how Asians developed their big heads and high IQs (byproduct of head size). Additionally, a relatively spherical head is a more efficient way to store a large brain for geometric reasons.

Cold adaptation may also play a role (in theory, a round head retains heat better, like another poster said above), although Inuit people are known to not be brachycephalic on average IIRC, and they are indigenous to the coldest (traditionally inhabited) climate on earth.
so somehow they're the highest iq people on earth? lol