Who is on or has used dutasteride?

Going2KillMyself

Going2KillMyself

MonsterCockMaxxing
@SOS-Sonic i know you know your stuff about this shit

I think my temples are giving in despite being on 1/4 of 5mg finasteride daily for almost two years. My shit lifestyle and stress undoubtably is contributing but, given my early experience balding (shit genes), I am inclined to think dutasteride was always in my future.

anyway, I have a prescription for 0.5mg generic.

what have your experiences been like with it?

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and PYT
I'm taking. Not seen the game changer all the autistic rave about.
Also 0.5 gave me huge depression almost roped.
Take only 0.2 max

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Going2KillMyself
I'm taking. Not seen the game changer all the autistic rave about.
Also 0.5 gave me huge depression almost roped.
Take only 0.2 max
What has your experience been like aside from the depression (JFL)
Its also a gel capsule so can’t split it like that as I can the fin pill

I don't know its just seem like bullshit for me,becaude all the autistic said dut 0.5 had less side than fin but i dont think its true at all.
Before dut just fin left side
First is fin every day/second pic fin every other day and dut 0.2 2 times a week.
I I think its same maybe 5 percent better hard to tell
Screenshot 2022 01 06 04 18 02 054 commiuigallery
Screenshot 2022 01 06 04 17 38 171 commiuigallery

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Going2KillMyself
I don't know its just seem like bullshit for me,becaude all the autistic said dut 0.5 had less side than fin but i dont think its true at all.
Right fin every day/other day and dut 0.2 2 times a week.
View attachment 1479962View attachment 1479964
Hard to tell from this angle. How long on both?

Look like I went back from 0.8 norwood to 0.3 but could be cuz I'm growing my hair

• +1
First is fin every day/second pic fin every other day and dut 0.2 2 times a week.
View attachment 1479962View attachment 1479964
Jfl we have similar hairlines and I’m only 15

Why not add Minox or Microneedling instead of jumping to dut

Why not add Minox or Microneedling instead of jumping to dut
I use minox for beard and tbh idk about the micro needling.
I don’t want to commit to minox once or twice a day. I already use it for my beard 1-2x a day.
I feel like dut has a higher chance of success

• +1
Reactions: PYT
I use minox for beard and tbh idk about the micro needling.
I don’t want to commit to minox once or twice a day. I already use it for my beard 1-2x a day.
I feel like dut has a higher chance of success
You have to use Minox once a day for the rest of your life right?

what happens if you don’t or miss a day

microneedling has been proven to stimulate hair growth almost on par with minox, I just recommend you get a dermapen

my dumbass bought a roller

• +1
I've taken it for 5 years.

Cons:
-Makes your skintone a little more on the feminine side. Slightly brightens skin tone, shrinks your pores, probably makes your skin a tiny bit thinner.

-Sort of screws up the strength of your attraction to women a little bit. Can be a plus though since your not as mesmerized by a woman's beauty as much so you can be less inhibited around beautiful women.

-It takes a while for your mind to get used to it. It makes you dizzy at first and makes your more prone to depression and anxiety but if you stay on it long enough it goes away.

Pros:

-It increases your testosterone levels so it will be slightly easier to gain muscle. Except it inhibits DHT so you might actually become bigger but at the same time weaker.

-If you start early enough you can grow back a significant amount of hair you thought you lost for good and you don't become an ugly bald dude. You get to become an ugly dude with great hair instead! :feelsgood:

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: TruestTruecel, Deleted member 21863, Deleted member 16834 and 2 others

I think my temples are giving in despite being on 1/4 of 5mg finasteride daily for almost two years. My shit lifestyle and stress undoubtably is contributing but, given my early experience balding (shit genes), I am inclined to think dutasteride was always in my future.

I have had no sides with it at all, just like with finasteride.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Going2KillMyself and sytyl
Im using it topical offdays and 1mg fin offdays too, just in case. Didn't turn into a tranny, yet.

• +1
im on fin too. shortly ill be adding dut 3x a week. your mistake is not adding RU, though.the thing about RU is that it works immediately. as soon as you put it on your scalp you are suddenly protected from androgens.
I was taking Fin right when I started shedding a tiny bit at 21 years old (7 years ago). Started Duta 2 years after Fin. Never heard of RU when I started. No point in me taking it now since I haven't lost hair for 6 years now.

• +1
You have to use Minox once a day for the rest of your life right?

what happens if you don’t or miss a day

microneedling has been proven to stimulate hair growth almost on par with minox, I just recommend you get a dermapen

my dumbass bought a roller
you do have to use it forever tbh. For beard, apparently, u only have to use it until the hairs turn "terminal" but theres no evidence of this so im going to assume you're gonna have to use it forever for beard and hair. But once a day is fine for maintenance.

Also, i got a Dr Pen for a good price from ebay so I tried microneedling with that and it was OK. But i am not consistent so i cant comment on its effectiveness for regrowth.

Cons:
-Makes your skintone a little more on the feminine side. Slightly brightens skin tone, shrinks your pores, probably makes your skin a tiny bit thinner.

-Sort of screws up the strength of your attraction to women a little bit. Can be a plus though since your not as mesmerized by a woman's beauty as much so you can be less inhibited around beautiful women.

-It takes a while for your mind to get used to it. It makes you dizzy at first and makes your more prone to depression and anxiety but if you stay on it long enough it goes away.

Pros:

-It increases your testosterone levels so it will be slightly easier to gain muscle. Except it inhibits DHT so you might actually become bigger but at the same time weaker.

-If you start early enough you can grow back a significant amount of hair you thought you lost for good and you don't become an ugly bald dude. You get to become an ugly dude with great hair instead! :feelsgood:

2/3 of those aren't even cons tbh. Better skin and less inhibition? that sounds like a Win to me. The dizziness might be placebo tbh

Pros are ok tbh, I'm hoping to start to save the left side of my hairline and temples :hnghn:

im on fin too. shortly ill be adding dut 3x a week. your mistake is not adding RU, though.the thing about RU is that it works immediately. as soon as you put it on your scalp you are suddenly protected from androgens.
I was gonna throw everything at the problem at first: Minox, Dut, RU, microneedling. But, i figured its a lot better to test them out one by one and add one as i go. That way i dont have to keep up with a brutal regimen. DUT would be the most convenient since its just a pill once a day.

I have had no sides with it at all, just like with finasteride.
Good to hear. How long were u on Fin and how long have u been on DUT? What led to the decision of switching?
Im using it topical offdays and 1mg fin offdays too, just in case. Didn't turn into a tranny, yet.
What was the reason behind choosing topical and not oral?
I was taking Fin right when I started shedding a tiny bit at 21 years old (7 years ago). Started Duta 2 years after Fin. Never heard of RU when I started. No point in me taking it now since I haven't lost hair for 6 years now.
How have results been on Dut? were u balding in temples before?

• +1
Reactions: PYT and SOS-Sonic
you do have to use it forever tbh. For beard, apparently, u only have to use it until the hairs turn "terminal" but theres no evidence of this so im going to assume you're gonna have to use it forever for beard and hair. But once a day is fine for maintenance.

Also, i got a Dr Pen for a good price from ebay so I tried microneedling with that and it was OK. But i am not consistent so i cant comment on its effectiveness for regrowth.

2/3 of those aren't even cons tbh. Better skin and less inhibition? that sounds like a Win to me. The dizziness might be placebo tbh

Pros are ok tbh, I'm hoping to start to save the left side of my hairline and temples :hnghn:

I was gonna throw everything at the problem at first: Minox, Dut, RU, microneedling. But, i figured its a lot better to test them out one by one and add one as i go. That way i dont have to keep up with a brutal regimen. DUT would be the most convenient since its just a pill once a day.

Good to hear. How long were u on Fin and how long have u been on DUT? What led to the decision of switching?

What was the reason behind choosing topical and not oral?

How have results been on Dut? were u balding in temples before?
1 year on fin and 7 month on dut. I switched because dutasteride is more powerful and even my doctor said the chance of sides is the same as fin. So I was like why not.

• +1
wh
1 year on fin and 7 month on dut. I switched because dutasteride is more powerful and even my doctor said the chance of sides is the same as fin. So I was like why not.
where were u thinning? temples?

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
wh

where were u thinning? temples?
I was a NW3.5 with some moderate thinning. Now I am close to NW1. I will probably get a FUE in Turkey after I save up to get to a NW0.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Going2KillMyself and Deleted member 16834

Cons:

Pros:

@Optimization hey bro what was your dosage like for dut? Also did u take it daily ?

I am on dut .5mg for past 1 year no sides wht so ever

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Going2KillMyself and Deleted member 16834
Why you not use topical dutasteride?
Supposed to have much less sides

• So Sad
Why you not use topical dutasteride?
Supposed to have much less sides

topical dut is too large for topical absorption when compared to topical fin.

the molecule is bigger than that of topical fin so the absorption is much less. But it should work if combined with a microneedling session beforehand.

Only problem with that is that you’re only supposed to micro needle like 3-4 times a month

@Optimization hey bro what was your dosage like for dut? Also did u take it daily ?
0.5 mg a day.

Your hair regiment should be based on how aggressive your hairloss is and how DHT effects your body.

If you have high test levels in general and your body is very sensitive to DHT (as in you have a ton of body hair, very oily skin and hair), unless you take dutasteride early you're probably going bald soon.

If you don't have the above symptoms you could probably get by with taking finasteride and topical RU.

I am on dut .5mg for past 1 year no sides wht so ever

What were your test levels beforehand?

My test was naturally high and I probably had very high DHT levels. Dutasteride took me a year for me to get used to. It increased my anxiety and depression and made me slightly dizzy.

0.5 mg a day.

Your hair regiment should be based on how aggressive your hairloss is and how DHT effects your body.

If you have high test levels in general and your body is very sensitive to DHT (as in you have a ton of body hair, very oily skin and hair), unless you take dutasteride early you're probably going bald soon.

If you don't have the above symptoms you could probably get by with taking finasteride and topical RU.

my natty test is 930ng DL. Body hairs all over the leg and arms but zero hairs on my chest or back. also beard is filling in when I let it grow but still have spots that are yet to be filled.

so very high natty test but idk about dht levels. And my skin and hair are more on the drier side. Seasonal eczema flares with flakyness every winter. Literally have to lather vaseline

my hair is nw1.5 currently but I don’t wanna go into the dreaded nw2.

interesting u say that bc I’ve never heard from anyone even people on r/treeless and hairlosstalk never say it that boldly: “unless you’re taking dut early you’re going bald soon”

what experience in your hair journey made you come to that conclusion ?

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa
my natty test is 930ng DL. Body hairs all over the leg and arms but zero hairs on my chest or back. also beard is filling in when I let it grow but still have spots that are yet to be filled.

so very high natty test but idk about dht levels. And my skin and hair are more on the drier side. Seasonal eczema flares with flakyness every winter. Literally have to lather vaseline

my hair is nw1.5 currently but I don’t wanna go into the dreaded nw2.

interesting u say that bc I’ve never heard from anyone even people on r/treeless and hairlosstalk never say it that boldly: “unless you’re taking dut early you’re going bald soon”

what experience in your hair journey made you come to that conclusion ?

It's just in my anecdotal experience with myself and other people I've seen whereby if they have a ton of body hair and strong facial hair and oily swarthy skin they tend to go bald very early. Turkey is the hair transplant capital of the world for a reason. Theres also a lot of Portugeuse people in my area with a similar pheno and they all go bald early.

There's more to hairloss than just DHT response though. I had the double whammy of DHT hairloss and some sort of immune reaction to microorganisms on my scalp. I have to use Nizoral at least 2 times a weak or else I get red itchy flareups.

• +1
Reactions: Elvisandreaa and Deleted member 16834
It's just in my anecdotal experience with myself and other people I've seen whereby if they have a ton of body hair and strong facial hair and oily swarthy skin they tend to go bald very early. Turkey is the hair transplant capital of the world for a reason. Theres also a lot of Portugeuse people in my area with a similar pheno and they all go bald early.

There's more to hairloss than just DHT response though. I had the double whammy of DHT hairloss and some sort of immune reaction to microorganisms on my scalp. I have to use Nizoral at least 2 times a weak or else I get red itchy flareups.

That’s a interesting observation. It’s just that Italians are known for their strong hairlines. And they are covered in body hair.

look at the actor Michele morrone.

btw is that your full protocol: dut everyday and nizoral twice a week or so you also do other things ?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
That’s a interesting observation. It’s just that Italians are known for their strong hairlines. And they are covered in body hair.

look at the actor Michele morrone.

btw is that your full protocol: dut everyday and nizoral twice a week or so you also do other things ?

A quick google search showed that Italy has a high balding rate. I also read that the genes from around the Mediterranean sea make you very likely to bald.

That guy looks like he either started Fin or Dut and or had a hair transplant. I found this picture here that shows the cracks in his hairline. Maybe in other picture on google images he had it all filled in. https://images.news18.com/ibnlive/u...43_n.jpg?im=FitAndFill,width=1200,height=1200

Yeah that's my full protocol. Sometimes I use more harsh anti dandruf shampoo if I missed washing my hair for more than 2 days for whatever reason and my scalp feels extra itchy.

If I could go back in time I would have used RU immediately since apparently it binds to the AR receptors very quickly but I never knew about it 7 years ago. I'm probably going to switch to using dutasteride every other day with daily RU application. There's some psychological effects of not having enough DHT that I think I am experiencing like lower ability to concentrate and slight memory issues.

Last edited:
topical dut is too large for topical absorption when compared to topical fin.

the molecule is bigger than that of topical fin so the absorption is much less. But it should work if combined with a microneedling session beforehand.

Only problem with that is that you’re only supposed to micro needle like 3-4 times a month
What i heard in dutasteride discord group
that people did bloodwork and dht topical also decreased their systemic dht a bit -> so it also goes systemic a bit, so definately goes in there.
But theory is anyway that dutasteride topical works on scalp & does not go systemic

I was on oral finasteride 1.25mg every third day and got my dht level at 250.
Now i will try 1% topical dutasteride soak my scalp daily and test for dht level in 3 months again. (wondering when i should test again.. i guess fin takes 3 month to go out of the system completely?)

What i heard in dutasteride discord group
that people did bloodwork and dht topical also decreased their systemic dht a bit -> so it also goes systemic a bit, so definately goes in there.
But theory is anyway that dutasteride topical works on scalp & does not go systemic

I was on oral finasteride 1.25mg every third day and got my dht level at 250.
Now i will try 1% topical dutasteride soak my scalp daily and test for dht level in 3 months again. (wondering when i should test again.. i guess fin takes 3 month to go out of the system completely?)

where will u get topical dut

Been using since march 2020.
Week one mild ball pain that went away and a bit of watery semen that returned to normal.

more definitely completely halted thinning as for regrowth not all that much you need minoxidil and micro needling if necessary