Why are SSRIs like clomipramine used to treat OCD?

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
Instead of benzodiazepines, gabapentinoids or any other disinhibiting, CNS depressant class of drugs? OCD may cause depression, but serotonin has very little to do with it. OCD is just high inhib + trauma in my personal experience. How would an SSRI fix or treat this? Indifference, I guess... turning you into a zombie that doesn't give a flying fuck about anything

@Seth Walsh @Cope @TsarTsar444

• +1
Reactions: Sexually Disabled and nordicfoidslayer23
as I understand it it's because it makes it easier for your brain to create new synapses, this is really only useful when combined with therapy with the purpose of changing your old "OCD" habits and replacing it with new ones

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: incel194012940, Artemis and Bewusst
as I understand it it's because it makes it easier for your brain to create new synapses, this is really only useful when combined with therapy with the purpose of changing your old "OCD" habits and replacing it with new ones
Yeah, but what if you're prescribed an SSRI without cognitive behavior therapy or other kinds of psychotherapy?

Yeah, but what if you're prescribed an SSRI without cognitive behavior therapy or other kinds of psychotherapy?
then it becomes as useful as a dog toy

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
SSRIs take the edge off of stuff. I used to have really bad hypochondria. SSRIs would always cure it. I didn't have to do any therapy or whatever. It just went away.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis and Bewusst
bc jewpills are just jerryrigs

• +1
Reactions: temporomandibular32 and Bewusst
SSRIs take the edge off of stuff. I used to have really bad hypochondria. SSRIs would always cure it. I didn't have to do any therapy or whatever. It just went away.
Aka turn you into an indifferent zombie

ocd, adhd etc is asynchronicity of communication between cerebral areas. so any jerryrig chemical that "clouds" the mind will make you think that its intentional design and its "working"

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
Aka turn you into an indifferent zombie
Not having pathological levels of anxiety and obsession is not being a zombie.

• +1
Reactions: Artemis
ocd, adhd etc is asynchronicity of communication between cerebral areas. so any jerryrig chemical that "clouds" the mind will make you think that its intentional design and its "working"
Please elab?

Seratonin makes neuron synapse connections tighter, meaning less chaotic random transmission happens the higher seratonin there is, in very high cases it just inhibits transmission completely in dopaminergic neurons

• Hmm...
Reactions: LampPostPrime
they dont they just make you comfortable living with ocd. serotonin is a stress hormone transducer

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
they dont they just make you comfortable living with ocd. serotonin is a stress hormone transducer
Seratonin is just damage control if there is some cerebral stress occurring

thats stupid unless there’s some metric for how fast your brain can create new synapses already and you could measure how much the drug improves that