Why are the perceptions of how common chads are so different?

Telemachus

Telemachus

Bronze
When people are discussing how common certain looks levels are, some people will say chads are literally 1 in 1000s, while others will say something ridiculous like 1 in 10. Why do you think the difference is so great? I have a couple thoughts why:

i) Location: Certain places are actually more attractive than others. Rural West Virginia probably has almost no chads while Copenhagen will have quite a few.
ii) Quick Judgments: People will quickly call someone they see for a few seconds that is good looking a "chad", even though if they actually got to analyze their face for longer it would be closer to a HTN. I did a quick scroll through hundreds of people's intro posts on an Instagram page for a university's class of 2026 and saw none.
iii) Memory Bias: People aren't really thinking about how many people they actually pass in a given day and are just estimating incorrectly. For example, I'm around 185cm in the US. I *always* notice if someone is taller than me, so they're more memorable. I'm giving less attention to dozens of people I'm passing by that are shorter.

Given all this, what do you estimate is the true proportion of HTNs, Chadlites, and Chads wherever you live?

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Deleted member 16853 and Erik-Jón
When people are discussing how common certain looks levels are, some people will say chads are literally 1 in 1000s, while others will say something ridiculous like 1 in 10. Why do you think the difference is so great? I have a couple thoughts why:

i) Location: Certain places are actually more attractive than others. Rural West Virginia probably has almost no chads while Copenhagen will have quite a few.
ii) Quick Judgments: People will quickly call someone they see for a few seconds that is good looking a "chad", even though if they actually got to analyze their face for longer it would be closer to a HTN. I did a quick scroll through hundreds of people's intro posts on an Instagram page for a university's class of 2026 and saw none.
iii) Memory Bias: People aren't really thinking about how many people they actually pass in a given day and are just estimating incorrectly. For example, I'm around 185cm in the US. I *always* notice if someone is taller than me, so they're more memorable. I'm giving less attention to dozens of people I'm passing by that are shorter.

Given all this, what do you estimate is the true proportion of HTNs, Chadlites, and Chads wherever you live?
i'd say its memory bias for most users here, they'll call anyone above 6 feet with blue eyes a chad

• JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath
since looks are entirely subjective, not everyone is operating on the same understanding of what a chad is hence the great disparity

Absolutely fuckin no one on this forum knows anyone over 6 psl in the face irl.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and micropenis29
It is simply that many people are bad at math. There are literally people that can't conceptualize the difference between 1 in 10 and 1 in 1,000.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and Telemachus
Absolutely fuckin no one on this forum knows anyone over 6 psl in the face irl.
Cope this gigaslayer lives in my small shithole
IMG 20220618 013856

And tons of other good looking guys Who i don't know in a population of 50k. 1 in 100 seems realistic, if you don't see many gl ppl you live in low class area

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Biggdink
Because Indians think you need to look like Gandy to be a chad @Biggdink

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: gogger, Deleted member 9670, LooksOrDeath and 1 other person
It's probably 1 in every 15-20 men is a chad. That's how it was at my college and workplaces throughout my life. Girls in my college courses where only talking about 1 guy in a class. These classes typically had 30 students per class, 15 girls 15 boys, sometimes 20 boys 10 girls. It's the same in the workplace: usually 1 in 15 dudes is the only hearthrob / dreamboat to girls while all other guys are mild annoyance or background noise.

Do they need to be 190cm+ and male modelesque, no.

It is not 8 in a 1000 like wheat waffles babbles on about. Wentworth Miller would be a Chad for example. Prime Andy Roddick (tennis) was a popular Chad look in my college years. Even a 5'9 slim guy with a guitar like Harry Styles can be a Chad. It helps tremendously to be 180cm+ and decently built for sure, but you don't need to be 10/10 and 190cm+.

• +1
Reactions: gogger
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: gogger and Looks234
bro used i, ii, iii instead of 1, 2, 3
sperg moment

• JFL
Reactions: Telemachus