Why do the Ray Peat forum attract the craziest people?

D

Deleted member 7224

Zephir
This was written by someone on Reddit and its actually true.

It's bewildering. The forum barely has anything to do with Ray Peat has actually written, said, or anything coherent with his philosophy.

It's people jumping right into supplementing 50mg of DHEA a day. Ray suggested no more than 5mg as a first dose, and probably not much more than would be physiological.

People who are literally afraid of people who are of a different race. Yes, I'm not exaggerating. People who get anxiety when they see a Black person. How anyone can take that as a sign of health from a Peat perspective is beyond me. I'm not talking about going up to hugging a random person of a different ethnicity with open arms. Literally just seeing a person is driving them to anxiety. Incredible.

People who seem to get upset that Ray Peat isn't a conservative or American style 'libertarian'. He has openly praised aspects of the thought or action of Karl Marx, Lenin, Castro, and Stalin. He's spoken positively of Bernie Sanders. But this isn't accepted at all, or considered an aberrant part of his thought. It's not. During one of his interviews with Danny Roddy, he tells a story about being called a communist when he was in grade school. Has anyone there actually read Generative Energy or Mind and Tissue? They are not long books. No, better read some random guy's essay on why Vitamin A is toxic. That's what's been holding you back your entire life. Too much Vitamin A. When you don't even eat liver because "it tastes gross."

People supplementing 100 different minerals or aminos or peptides or freaking boron at once. When Ray has said diet and a stress-free sunny environment, plus thyroid or progesterone, are pretty much all that's needed, and maybe living a in place with higher elevation.

People supplementing 100 different things, when they haven't even done an armpit temperature measurement. That one is always funny. And when you do get a measurement, it's hypothyroid, but no, the problem is [lacking random supplement]. A 95-96F armpit measurement is truly the sign a well functioning thyroid. Broda Barnes, who is that? Not like Ray Peat has ever mentioned that person.

People jumping on the latest hair restoration fad when they haven't even measured their prolactin or Vitamin D. When Ray said those hormones are correlated with baldness in men.

People wondering why their health continues to spiral downward, when they are eating 1500 calories a day while working 60 hours a week. Of course it is, you are starving yourself. You don't need thyroid, you need food.

I could keep going. The only reason I care is because almost everything in that forum is completely against the spirit of what Ray has written. It's totally odd. I've never seen anything like it. How do all these people seem to find this forum? It's not like Ray is a famous guy or anything. But it's a magnet for the most deranged of people. I come across some old posts by posters who haven't been active in years and I can understand why they left or were banned. It's like 0.01% Ray Peat, 99.9% directionless neurotics that seem to attract other neurotics.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Joe Rogancel, 7zyzz7, Deleted member 15827 and 15 others
Did yall got tagged as well?:feelshah:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Prettyboy and Ryan

It's bewildering. The forum barely has anything to do with Ray Peat has actually written, said, or anything coherent with his philosophy.

It's people jumping right into supplementing 50mg of DHEA a day. Ray suggested no more than 5mg as a first dose, and probably not much more than would be physiological.

People who are literally afraid of people who are of a different race. Yes, I'm not exaggerating. People who get anxiety when they see a Black person. How anyone can take that as a sign of health from a Peat perspective is beyond me. I'm not talking about going up to hugging a random person of a different ethnicity with open arms. Literally just seeing a person is driving them to anxiety. Incredible.

People who seem to get upset that Ray Peat isn't a conservative or American style 'libertarian'. He has openly praised aspects of the thought or action of Karl Marx, Lenin, Castro, and Stalin. He's spoken positively of Bernie Sanders. But this isn't accepted at all, or considered an aberrant part of his thought. It's not. During one of his interviews with Danny Roddy, he tells a story about being called a communist when he was in grade school. Has anyone there actually read Generative Energy or Mind and Tissue? They are not long books. No, better read some random guy's essay on why Vitamin A is toxic. That's what's been holding you back your entire life. Too much Vitamin A. When you don't even eat liver because "it tastes gross."

People supplementing 100 different minerals or aminos or peptides or freaking boron at once. When Ray has said diet and a stress-free sunny environment, plus thyroid or progesterone, are pretty much all that's needed, and maybe living a in place with higher elevation.

People supplementing 100 different things, when they haven't even done an armpit temperature measurement. That one is always funny. And when you do get a measurement, it's hypothyroid, but no, the problem is [lacking random supplement]. A 95-96F armpit measurement is truly the sign a well functioning thyroid. Broda Barnes, who is that? Not like Ray Peat has ever mentioned that person.

People jumping on the latest hair restoration fad when they haven't even measured their prolactin or Vitamin D. When Ray said those hormones are correlated with baldness in men.

People wondering why their health continues to spiral downward, when they are eating 1500 calories a day while working 60 hours a week. Of course it is, you are starving yourself. You don't need thyroid, you need food.

I could keep going. The only reason I care is because almost everything in that forum is completely against the spirit of what Ray has written. It's totally odd. I've never seen anything like it. How do all these people seem to find this forum? It's not like Ray is a famous guy or anything. But it's a magnet for the most deranged of people. I come across some old posts by posters who haven't been active in years and I can understand why they left or were banned. It's like 0.01% Ray Peat, 99.9% directionless neurotics that seem to attract other neurotics.
Don't care + I have warm hands and feet

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7224
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Toth's thot and Deleted member 7224
Because @kjsbdfiusdf runs the forums

• JFL
Don't care + I have warm hands and feet
im to low iq to understand ray peat articles and when I open the forum its only conspiracy theories its over for me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13332 and ChristianChad
I got early access to Ray Peat balding guide

very good read btw, main tips from the book

be an ethnic with negro dna
castrate yourself with 0 fat
sleep all day in parents house to avoid stress

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 7zyzz7, Toth's thot, Deleted member 15827 and 6 others
im to low iq to understand ray peat articles and when I open the forum its only conspiracy theories its over for me
Just Google any words you dont understand in his articles

• +1
I got early access to Ray Peat balding guide

very good read btw, main tips from the book

be an ethnic with negro dna
castrate yourself with 0 fat
sleep all day in parents house to avoid stress
calcium phosphate ratio 1-2:1
Low prolactin
No starch
Low pufa diet

I dont think you can do anything else for balding @ChristianChad

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and ChristianChad
my nigga @kjsbdfiusdf introduced me to the ray peat diet

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6403, moredishmorebish and Deleted member 7224
calcium phosphate ratio 1-2:1
Low prolactin
No starch
Low pufa diet

I dont think you can do anything else for balding @ChristianChad
I think Calcum Phosphorus ratio is the only thing that directly stops balding from what you mentioned

Low prolactin No starch and low PUFA diet will inadvertently lower stress ---> leading to less Estridol / overproduction of DHT to compensate Estrogenicity ----> less balding

Anything else which lowers physiological stress will lower balding. Those things you mentioned (low PUFA low starch etc) are not the only things. Everything which increasing you metabolism efficiency and lower physiological stress will lower chance of balding

I think the most powerful things are good Androgen levels (mainly Testosterone) (this will come from good systematic health --> low physiological stress and good metabolic efficiency), not too high Estridol (this will come from good systematic health) and Calcium : Phosphorus ratio.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: latino_, RecessedPrettyboy, getra and 2 others
I think Calcum Phosphorus ratio is the only thing that directly stops balding from what you mentioned

Low prolactin No starch and low PUFA diet will inadvertently lower stress ---> leading to less Estridol / overproduction of DHT to compensate Estrogenicity ----> less balding

Anything else which lowers physiological stress will lower balding. Those things you mentioned (low PUFA low starch etc) are not the only things. Everything which increasing you metabolism efficiency and lower physiological stress will lower chance of balding

but I think the most powerful thing is good Androgen levels (mainly Testosterone) (this will come from good systematic health --> low physiological stress and good metabolic efficiency), not too high Estridol (this will come from good systematic health) and Calcium : Phosphorus ratio.
@Baldingman1998 @SubhumanCurrycel @Thompsonz @WontStopNorwooding this is golden information

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Deleted member 13332
@Baldingman1998 @SubhumanCurrycel @Thompsonz @WontStopNorwooding this is golden information
I want to have nw6 so I just can get ht and forget this shit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 7224 and ChristianChad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13332
hair transplant always gives shitty density
I need hairline at least
My face is literally not the same it was 8 months ago when I had straight hairline, I dropped 2 psl

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 7224
People who are literally afraid of people who are of a different race.
That s literally everyone, it s in our genes , some people lie some people dont :Comfy: " afraid " isnt the correct term tho .

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7224 and Deleted member 13332

I think the most powerful things are good Androgen levels (mainly Testosterone) (this will come from good systematic health --> low physiological stress and good metabolic efficiency), not too high Estridol (this will come from good systematic health) and Calcium : Phosphorus ratio.
Having a 2:1 calcium phosphorus ratio is impossible unless you only drink milk

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
eggshell powder or calcium carbonate just add one or two teaspoons

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
eggshell powder or calcium carbonate just add one or two teaspoons
They have terrible absorption rates, like 25%, and they don't get absorbed by your bones, only in the blood and then get extracted from your kidneys. Have read countless on studies on this. Only diary calcium is giga absorbed

• Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 7224
They have terrible absorption rates, like 25%, and they don't get absorbed by your bones, only in the blood and then get extracted from your kidneys. Have read countless on studies on this. Only diary calcium is giga absorbed
well its over calcium carbonate is like 40%. time to water fast for 30 days and rope @ChristianChad

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad and TsarTsar444
well its over calcium carbonate is like 40%. time to water fast for 30 days and rope @ChristianChad
Its not the absorption rate thats problematic, 40% isn't bad for absorption in your extracurricular fluids. Its the non bone absorption thats very problematic, milk calcium is absorbed by your bones, carbonate has a very low bone absorption rate

• Woah
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ChristianChad and Deleted member 7224
Its not the absorption rate thats problematic, 40% isn't bad for absorption in your extracurricular fluids. Its the non bone absorption thats very problematic, milk calcium is absorbed by your bones, carbonate has a very low bone absorption rate
why are you ruining my mod bro, i was hopeful this morning you are here trying to destroy my hopes.

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
why are you ruining my mod bro, i was hopeful this morning you are here trying to destroy my hopes.
Don't worry, excessive calcium gets stored in your bones and fat so you will not get problems if you water fast for less then 20 days. Just binge on cheese and milk after and recover your calcium bone loss

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 7224
@TsarTsar444 @Ed676 tsar makes some good points. I think I missed that or forgot about it

In my mind, it is all Elemental Calcium, there is no difference.

@TsarTsar444 maybe they didn't account for the amount of Elemental Calcium in Calcium Carbonate (which is 40%)? because it's not 100%... Plus it may be hard to dissolve calcium Carbonate and it may take time... So that's how there is that 20% "absorption" figure

• +1
Yes it's practically impossible without supplemental calcium like eggshell.

Unless you don't eat meat and only drink dairy for protein + maybe some Oxtail soup / Gelatin.

@Ed676 I wanted to ask, how are/were you feeling on 2:1?

• +1
Yes it's practically impossible without supplemental calcium like eggshell.

Unless you don't eat meat and only drink dairy for protein + maybe some Oxtail soup / Gelatin.

@Ed676 I wanted to ask, how are/were you feeling on 2:1?
I think I will feel great but i dont know anymore after @TsarTsar444 debunking my supplements

im eating pufas daily now im on holiday. after new years im starting clean. Milk and OJ and liver to kick start peating and then i will see what to add

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
@TsarTsar444 @Ed676 tsar makes some good points. I think I missed that or forgot about it

In my mind, it is all Elemental Calcium, there is no difference.

@TsarTsar444 maybe they didn't account for the amount of Elemental Calcium in Calcium Carbonate (which is 40%)? because it's not 100%... Plus it may be hard to dissolve calcium Carbonate and it may take time... So that's how there is that 20% "absorption" figure
And also supplemental calcium on its own will reduce stomach acid and stomach pH so it may hamper absorption. You have to eat it with a. Good meal

• +1
Ray Peat is just another mentally ill cult leader like our friend Sveridge, if he is right on something is just mere cohencidence.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
What do you make of this product bro:

Says it's fully absorbed at the cellular level, but this doesn't mean to the bone does it?

People who are literally afraid of people who are of a different race. Yes, I'm not exaggerating. People who get anxiety when they see a Black person.
Never relax :chad:

to serious poast for a minit tho its the same reason why 'conspiracy' cirlces attract weirdos and nutters

the way that taboo functions in the context of a human social order is that if a belief becomes TABOO even if its obviously true the only people who will believe it are people with particular personality idiosyncrasies of which, writ large, there are three types:
1. Mentally insane people. Schizos and freaks of various natures and degrees will have the voices in their head torture them with whispers of ideas which are taboo.
2. Transgression Fiends. People who will adopt a particular belief NOT BECAUSE THEY THINK ITS TRUE but because they want to be transgressive/edgy, to marginalize themselves. It is the ideological version of getting a face tattoo to make yourself ugly because you got raped as a kid or something.
3.The thoonker. People who are autistic/very high iq and/or very openminded and curious. This type is basically created either by functional versions o f mental problems like autism or very rare combinations of extreme personality traits.

Even if your society made something as obvious as "the ksy is blue" taboo to believe youd get a horde of 1s and 2s along with a few 3s all believing it and normal people would look at the belief and dismiss it out of hand because theyd see the 1s and 2s and rightly be emotionally turned off and wouldnt be able to relate to the 3s and as such would just write them off as weirdo cranks or 1s in disguise.

ray peat is a marginal character and as such his forum will attract 1s, 2s and 3s. Same as THIS FORUM which is also full of marginal characters

one of the most important skills a psychologically and socially normal person can develop if they care about the truth is the ability to be able to distinguish between 3s (who ought to be listened to) and 1s/2s (who should be ignored)

• +1
I agree with the promise of the OG post, tbh. The less supplements you take - the better.

• +1

Ray does not even want to associate himself with the forum. He calls the internet a great trash heap too.
The forum admin has been restricting and handing out bans a lot frequently too.

But the problems you mention are not unique to the raypeatforum but to most forums on the internet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403