Would this be possible?

Lonenely sigma

Lonenely sigma

Future "username-o-plasty" candidate
You make a succesful company.

Someone decides to buy your company for a lot of money so that he gets your workers and your equipment.

You tell people working in your company to leave the company once you sell it and in return they will get money from that big selling.

You make a new company that does completely the same thing, you buy the equipment you sold again and people return because you gave them money.

The company that you sold will fail anyway because those skilled people left it so you continue dominating your niche.

Is this legal and possible?

• JFL
Reactions: try2beme and twilight
yep breaching the terms of a legal contract is totally legal and possible, anything else you wanna know?

• +1
Reactions: Brootal
yep breaching the terms of a legal contract is totally legal and possible, anything else you wanna know?
So contracts can state that you can't make a new company after you sell it or what?

So contracts can state that you can't make a new company after you sell it or what?
You said
Someone decides to buy your company for a lot of money so that he gets your workers and your equipment.
i assume when you sign a contract to hand over this theoretical business, this part you wrote about him getting your workers and equipment is part of the legal requirements no? you can't just sign the contract and then breach the rules after you sell jfl

• +1
Reactions: Brootal and Lonenely sigma
You said

i assume when you sign a contract to hand over this theoretical business, this part you wrote about him getting your workers and equipment is part of the legal requirements no? you can't just sign the contract and then breach the rules after you sell jfl
Yeah but that's the entire point, I can't imagine a rule that states that you can't immediatelly make a new company and have people leave the same second the first one sells.

Though bribing workers is probably not legal

• +1
Reactions: twilight
I can't imagine a rule that states that you can't immediatelly make a new company
Most sales contracts have a non-compete clause for usually 3 years. Meaning you aren‘t allowed to join or start a new company that competes with the one you sold.

• +1
Reactions: Lonenely sigma
this sounds like the typical perfect bank robbery plan that's only good on paper lmao