Youthmaxxing VS Muscles: the trade-off between anti-aging and growth

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
This dilemma has been weighing on me lately.

From the Studies that I read and even sipmly from a biological standpoint, long periods of caloric surplus and protein consumption in order to build muscle accelerate metabolic aging (More IGF-1/More growth -> aging faster).

I'll refer to the works of Rhonda Patrick, here's the article on Reddit:

The IGF-1 Trade-Off: Performance vs Longevity

Here, we are most interested in aging in general since it affects the skin. We may encourage the use of topical agents to skin maxx but we're simply masking the natural internal aging.

"Yeah but muh bulking muh big muscles".

Yes, but, as the studies below point out, calorie restriction, in particular protein restriction for minimal mtor activation, fasting are ways to hold off metabolic aging. Of course all those processes are catabolic by nature, and go directly against the possibility of building and retaining muscle.

" Yeah but I don't care if I cut 5 years at the tail end of my life it it means I would have lived a better life in my prime"

Agree, we have to strike a balance here between muscle growth and anabolism, and frequent periods of autophagy in order to stave off aging, because metabolic aging affects your best asset, the FACE. We may not notice it day to day, but after 5 years of muscle building (Caloric surplus, high protein consumption) vs 5 years of moderate eating (maintenance, alternating bulking with fasting for autophagy), we may likely look noticeably younger in we choose the second scenario, with maybe a lesser muscle growth overall.

But our goal is getting sloots, right? The tradeoff is different for everyone, but as a proponent as anti-aging, I'd rather trade some of my muscular growth for a younger face, but it may vary for everyone.

I just compiled three studies on the subject:

Decreased consumption of branched chain amino acids improves metabolic health

Metabolic Slowing and Reduced Oxidative Damage with Sustained Caloric Restriction Support the Rate of Living and Oxidative Damage Theories of Aging

Comparing the Effects of Low-Protein and High-Carbohydrate Diets and Caloric Restriction on Brain Aging in Mice

Any discussion on the subject is greatly appreciated

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, Mewton, Deleted member 11479 and 10 others
Youthmaxxing always

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss and Deleted member 2205
both

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
hgh + tren = both

• +1
Reactions: bassfreak
well maybe just don't bulk like a retard and eat unnecessary amount of protein that doesn't even get utilised for MPS anyways?

eating at maintenance or slightly over with moderate amount of protein and resistance training is best for aging

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973, Kade, Deleted member 2205 and 4 others
There is not really a trade off. Building muscle does not noticeably age you so long as you stay natural & don't do a dreamer bulk.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, Deleted member 1973 and Morpheus
Dn rd jfl rofl lol lmao ded srs idgaf

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: birchman and Eduardo DOV
The type of thread that we need more of. Would love to hear @x30001's opinion on this.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, RAITEIII, forwardgrowth and 1 other person
The type of thread that we need more of. Would love to hear @x30001's opinion on this.
Fuark. When I get some time I'll give my full opinion. OP watches Rhonda? :O legit shit

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, RAITEIII and Mayorga
if you want real youth inject epithalon

that shit expands ur life to +10 years if you use it correcly, but then again who wants here to get 100+ years old jfl

• +1
Reactions: Salludon
Fuark. When I get some time I'll give my full opinion. OP watches Rhonda? :O legit shit
First of all. Take steroids and it's fucking over buddyboyo. We can actually almost measure how we should optimally balance activation of the Anabolic/Catabolic pathways for anti-aging, body composition, longevity (health) and overall cosmetic appearance aesthetics and health.
if you want real youth inject epithalon

that shit expands ur life to +10 years if you use it correcly, but then again who wants here to get 100+ years old jfl
"Just injecting" "just taking (pills)" = itsoverbuddyboyo.

The framework is your routine. Your diet, lifestyle, exposure to healthy stress, sleep, and everything like that. If you want better results, you need to make sure everything is fucking perfect and that you execute and stay consistent with your regime/routine. There's so many nuances and intricate things that either improve your health or detract, or do nothing. But the basic first principles of regimented exercise, rest, healthy eating is the first port-of-call.

Khavinson has done about 20-25 years (maybe more) worth of research on Epitalon. From what I can draw from the studies and trials, it doesn't seem Epitalon lengthens telomeres or supercharges mitochondrial energy or density. It looks like it can be used for correcting your body with it's masterclock, making sure cortisol and stress hormones fire when completely beneficial and making sure relaxation/stress prevention hormones such as serotonin and melatonin fire when completely beneficial. ie: Forcing your body to synchronize it's circadian rhythm to your environment through upregulating your body's capability to react optimally to light and stress. Ultimately improving your sleep, helping with motivation and fatigue, helping you be less impulsive and optimistic mainly due to what it does with cortisol and melatonin/serotonin for example. Epitalon could even aid in the promotion of positive, epigenetic changes in gene expression, of course dependent on your circumstances and objective environment. Epitalon can be used as a great tool; but wasted if used as a crutch without a plan of framework to warrant it's use in the first place.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kade, Deleted member 2846 and Framletgod
@x30001

whats your rating and how old do you look?

@x30001

whats your rating and how old do you look?
I'm 22. I don't want to rate myself on the PSL scale coz I really cba with that shit. I guess I look 22.

I'm 22. I don't want to rate myself on the PSL scale coz I really cba with that shit. I guess I look 22.

you have health issues or something?

well maybe just don't bulk like a retard and eat unnecessary amount of protein that doesn't even get utilised for MPS anyways?

eating at maintenance or slightly over with moderate amount of protein and resistance training is best for aging
His much protein should you eat?

Youthmaxxing.

• +1
Reactions: john_cope
First of all. Take steroids and it's fucking over buddyboyo. We can actually almost measure how we should optimally balance activation of the Anabolic/Catabolic pathways for anti-aging, body composition, longevity (health) and overall cosmetic appearance aesthetics and health.

The occasional cycle or TRT is pretty safe if done correctly imo, TRT is even beneficial for looks or longevity in many cases.

I would also be concerned with the adverse effects on facial skin we notice in AAS users due to high-dosage use

This dilemma has been weighing on me lately.

From the Studies that I read and even sipmly from a biological standpoint, long periods of caloric surplus and protein consumption in order to build muscle accelerate metabolic aging (More IGF-1/More growth -> aging faster).

I'll refer to the works of Rhonda Patrick, here's the article on Reddit:

The IGF-1 Trade-Off: Performance vs Longevity

Here, we are most interested in aging in general since it affects the skin. We may encourage the use of topical agents to skin maxx but we're simply masking the natural internal aging.

"Yeah but muh bulking muh big muscles".

Yes, but, as the studies below point out, calorie restriction, in particular protein restriction for minimal mtor activation, fasting are ways to hold off metabolic aging. Of course all those processes are catabolic by nature, and go directly against the possibility of building and retaining muscle.

" Yeah but I don't care if I cut 5 years at the tail end of my life it it means I would have lived a better life in my prime"

Agree, we have to strike a balance here between muscle growth and anabolism, and frequent periods of autophagy in order to stave off aging, because metabolic aging affects your best asset, the FACE. We may not notice it day to day, but after 5 years of muscle building (Caloric surplus, high protein consumption) vs 5 years of moderate eating (maintenance, alternating bulking with fasting for autophagy), we may likely look noticeably younger in we choose the second scenario, with maybe a lesser muscle growth overall.

But our goal is getting sloots, right? The tradeoff is different for everyone, but as a proponent as anti-aging, I'd rather trade some of my muscular growth for a younger face, but it may vary for everyone.

I just compiled three studies on the subject:

Decreased consumption of branched chain amino acids improves metabolic health

Metabolic Slowing and Reduced Oxidative Damage with Sustained Caloric Restriction Support the Rate of Living and Oxidative Damage Theories of Aging

Comparing the Effects of Low-Protein and High-Carbohydrate Diets and Caloric Restriction on Brain Aging in Mice

Any discussion on the subject is greatly appreciated
Excellent thread btw.

Here's it put simply. Fat = inflammatory. Muscle = pro longevity. Having a healthy body composition is incredibly important.

It's the balance that matters. I've said this many times before: The ultimate consequences of too much anabolism and too much catabolism is death, due to poor health, caused by poor practices or insufficient resources to keep a balance between both.

Ultimate consequence of too much Catabolism: death by starvation. Muscle sarcopenia in elders leading to complications.
Ultimate consequence of too much Anabolism: Diseases, tumors, growths, obesity, leading to complications and death

Utilize your growth pathways to grow pro-longevity tissues such as skeletal muscle.
Utilize your catabolic pathways to prevent aging and cellular dysfunction in a multitude of ways, NOT at the expense of losing tissues that are contributing positively in maintaining your healthspan. Autophagy, AMPK, Sirtuins, FOXO proteins play a part in "Good catabolism", pertaining to the breakdown and recycling of cells and proteins, not pertaining to "wastage" of important tissue.

Aim for "Good Anabolism" and "Good Catabolism" and balance the two.

Just back from work so not in the right mood to give a good answer but that's essentially how you balance it all out. Seek out and exercise healthy Anabolic and Catabolic practices and balance them optimally.

Just have moderate levels of IGF. Again, too high levels or too low levels won't be the best for you.
you have health issues or something?
No.

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga
youth maxxing wins every day. you only need a little muscles - specifically in your shoulders (frame) and face.

• +1
Reactions: exeight
Excellent thread btw.

Here's it put simply. Fat = inflammatory. Muscle = pro longevity. Having a healthy body composition is incredibly important.

It's the balance that matters. I've said this many times before: The ultimate consequences of too much anabolism and too much catabolism is death, due to poor health, caused by poor practices or insufficient resources to keep a balance between both.

Ultimate consequence of too much Catabolism: death by starvation. Muscle sarcopenia in elders leading to complications.
Ultimate consequence of too much Anabolism: Diseases, tumors, growths, obesity, leading to complications and death

Utilize your growth pathways to grow pro-longevity tissues such as skeletal muscle.
Utilize your catabolic pathways to prevent aging and cellular dysfunction in a multitude of ways, NOT at the expense of losing tissues that are contributing positively in maintaining your healthspan. Autophagy, AMPK, Sirtuins, FOXO proteins play a part in "Good catabolism", pertaining to the breakdown and recycling of cells and proteins, not pertaining to "wastage" of important tissue.

Aim for "Good Anabolism" and "Good Catabolism" and balance the two.

Just back from work so not in the right mood to give a good answer but that's essentially how you balance it all out. Seek out and exercise healthy Anabolic and Catabolic practices and balance them optimally.

Just have moderate levels of IGF. Again, too high levels or too low levels won't be the best for you.

No.

Legit comment. Makes me want to research more into optimizing metabolism in the looksmaxxing framework. Gotta admit that I'm very ignorant on this topic.

• +1
Reactions: x30001
youth maxxing wins every day. you only need a little muscles - specifically in your shoulders (frame) and face.
this only works if ur frame is good to begin with

people with bad frame need boulder shoulders for proper V shape

Legit comment. Makes me want to research more into optimizing metabolism in the looksmaxxing framework. Gotta admit that I'm very ignorant on this topic.
You seem like a seriously quick learner though tbh. You'll understand it in no time. A good place to start is by watching the channel "SiimLand" on YouTube and his videos on metabolic autophagy.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth and Mayorga
I'm OP, up for further opinions on this

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
pretty boy = youthmaxxing
high t or chad = Tmaxxing and gym

• +1
Reactions: Baller1
I'm OP, up for further opinions on this
I have think about this topic, my conclusion is the following:

what if u normally bulk to a certain weight, then u maintain it.
when maintaining it, u do intermitent fasting, u do 48 hrs fasting from time to time etc.
Isn't it the key ?? The autophagy thing and what you eat ??
I dont think u will lose muscle doing 48 hrs fastin from time to time. Just make sure u're eating the calories of the week right.

Me for example, I want to bulk to 80kg, i'm 70 now. Then I will maintain it.

The question is, would a low protein diet lower collagen levels? We all know collagen is number one for youthmaxxing...
I have think about this topic, my conclusion is the following:

what if u normally bulk to a certain weight, then u maintain it.
when maintaining it, u do intermitent fasting, u do 48 hrs fasting from time to time etc.
Isn't it the key ?? The autophagy thing and what you eat ??
I dont think u will lose muscle doing 48 hrs fastin from time to time. Just make sure u're eating the calories of the week right.

Me for example, I want to bulk to 80kg, i'm 70 now. Then I will maintain it.
The thing is we're talking about low protein and low calories, this is not just a question of bulking.

Muscles are good for anti aging. Not bad

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Maximising hgh and igf-1 during puberty through musclenaxxing and exercise is a must.

• +1
Reactions: Mewton and Deleted member 6401
Bump from the trenches of the Gods from the OP himself.

A perfect balance is optimal imo
Gymcelled pretty boys