1 month with minox on eyebrows and no observable results. How long do results take?

D

Deleted member 50579

Bronze
First result should be visible if you are sensitive to minox / if there are follicles in the area. May be try to combine it with micro needling

depends maybe u already maxed out if ur eyebrows are already reasonably big. use dermaroller0.5 mmthen minoxidil. Maybe also include rosemary oil and castor

• +1
Reactions: not__cel and normie tiktoker
Minoxidil is surprisingly ineffective for many people due to a lack of sulfotransferase enzyme in the scalps of around 40% of people (or in this case, skin) to effectively convert minoxidil to it's active form, minoxidil sulfate.

Two ways of combatting this are...

1: Using tretinoin to increase sulfotransferase enzyme presence and microneedling to increase skin absorption and systemic absorption or...

2: Taking oral minoxidil tablets/drinking topical minoxidil as there is more than enough sulfotransferase enzyme present in the liver to induce trichosis (hair growth throughout the body).

I can vouch for tretinoin and microneedling as I use them myself but I would be careful about taking oral minoxidil (especially drinking topical minoxidil; I do not recommend it at all but if you are going to, at least drink propylene glycol based minoxidil, not alcohol based) as it does have side effects related to heart health which are not nearly as present with topical minoxidil. Hope this helps.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, One Rep Max, normie tiktoker and 3 others
Minoxidil is surprisingly ineffective for many people due to a lack of sulfotransferase enzyme in the scalps of around 40% of people (or in this case, skin) to effectively convert minoxidil to it's active form, minoxidil sulfate.

Two ways of combatting this are...

1: Using tretinoin to increase sulfotransferase enzyme presence and microneedling to increase skin absorption and systemic absorption or...

2: Taking oral minoxidil tablets/drinking topical minoxidil as there is more than enough sulfotransferase enzyme present in the liver to induce trichosis (hair growth throughout the body).

I can vouch for tretinoin and microneedling as I use them myself but I would be careful about taking oral minoxidil (especially drinking topical minoxidil; I do not recommend it at all but if you are going to, at least drink propylene glycol based minoxidil, not alcohol based) as it does have side effects related to heart health which are not nearly as present with topical minoxidil. Hope this helps.
Also 1 month is too early to know whether it is working effectively or not. Unironically, you may need to wait up to around 5 months to find out if it is having any effect at all.

• +1
Reactions: normie tiktoker