1 year of hard mewing (pics)

IWantToMax

IWantToMax

I'm getting to 99.99% tier
Just felt like sharing those.

Yes the tongue position is different, but teeth were tipped inwards in the before.

Now the lower and upper arches are wider and teeth are not as badly tipped inwards.

September 2018
IMG 20191102 150630

October 2018
IMG 20191102 150619

November 2018
IMG 20191102 150608

September 2019
IMG 20191102 150551

Getting a palate expander + invisalign to fix teeth

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1707, Nav, Deleted member 3328 and 2 others
For how many hours per day do you press hard?

Do you apply as much force as you can?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1707, IWantToMax and Deleted member 3043
For how many hours per day do you press hard?

Do you apply as much force as you can?
24 hours.
I don't even need to bother paying attention to doing it anymore. It is just my natural tongue positioning.

I press upwards with slight force.
I pay attention to keeping my teeth not completely touching, but lightly touching.

When I will reach ideal arches I will stick to regular chewing, which seems to be prone to giving better anesthetics (temporarily)

• +1
Reactions: Slyfex8
24 hours.
I don't even need to bother paying attention to doing it anymore. It is just my natural tongue positioning.

I press upwards with slight force.
I pay attention to keeping my teeth not completely touching, but lightly touching.

When I will reach ideal arches I will stick to regular chewing, which seems to be prone to giving better anesthetics (temporarily)

And what is the goal actually? You try to expand your palate only or induce forward or/and upward growth?

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax
Looks the same tbh just different angles lol

And what is the goal actually? You try to expand your palate only or induce forward or/and upward growth?
Both actually.

But for inducing forward growth/upswing I feel like chewing is more effective.

I am now chewing hard gums 5 times a week with 1st molars/back teeth.

Got great gains with mandible width by chewing
Looks the same tbh just different angles lol
Yeah. Only difference is that 6 teeth show when opening my mouth instead of 2.
Thats just angle. Keep coping

Notice how the overall arches shape changed.
IMG 20191102 152038
IMG 20191102 152107

Last edited:
  • +1
Both actually.

But for inducing forward growth/upswing I feel like chewing is more effective.

I am now chewing hard gums 5 times a week with 1st molars/back teeth.

Got great gains with mandible width by chewing

Yeah. Only difference is that 6 teeth show when opening my mouth instead of 2.
Thats just angle. Keep coping

Yes, it looks like mewing/chewing can at least induce an expansion of the maxilla and the lower jaw there are already quite a few cases that prove it, this said I am definitely less sure about the upswing/forward growth, it would take hard mewing with incredible determination to apply the maximum possible force in the right direction, and in a symmetrical way.

Also I recently learned that biting with the anterior teeth of the both arch in contact (So biting forward with the mandible) should involve a backward movement of the mandible alveolar complex, and a forward movement of the maxilla alveolar complex, which would give to the mandible the room to move forward.

For a real upswing and forward movement of the maxilla, I still believe that facepulling with the right tools is the only non-surgical solution.

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 1707 and IWantToMax
Yes, it looks like mewing/chewing can at least induce an expansion of the maxilla and the lower jaw there are already quite a few cases that prove it, this said I am definitely less sure about the upswing/forward growth, it would take hard mewing with incredible determination to apply the maximum possible force in the right direction, and in a symmetrical way.

Also I recently learned that biting with the anterior teeth of the both arch in contact (So biting forward with the mandible) should involve a backward movement of the mandible alveolar complex, and a forward movement of the maxilla alveolar complex, which would give to the mandible the room to move forward.

View attachment 153345

For a real upswing and forward movement of the maxilla, I still believe that facepulling with the right tools is the only non-surgical solution.
Well, I am not really sure about chewing and forward growth.
I had seen a picture showing the forces being applied to the skull in relation to biting with specific areas of your mouth.

I came to the conclusion chewing with 1st molars/back teeth may actually help with forward growth.

What I suggested seemed to have been confirmed by Mike Mew in an old video that's now deleted, another user said.
I'm pretty confident about that tbh.

F7WDOJ7

• +1
Well, I am not really sure about chewing and forward growth.
I had seen a picture showing the forces being applied to the skull in relation to biting with specific areas of your mouth.

I came to the conclusion chewing with 1st molars/back teeth may actually help with forward growth.

What I suggested seemed to have been confirmed by Mike Mew in an old video that's now deleted, another user said.
I'm pretty confident about that tbh.

View attachment 153349

Are you sure that we aren't speak about more a shortening of the maxilla bone? I have heard several times that those who chewed abusively or had pathologies that forced them to force their teeth together have very "short" faces

• +1
Notice how the overall arches shape changed.
View attachment 153333View attachment 153334

You just opened your mouth different and holded the upper lip pressure on the teeth. Overall 0 difference. On the first picture you also draw the orange line over your teeth, so its not a reallistic line. Sorry little mewer, but you need sarpe or expander, and then braces. Invisalign will bring you nothing.

• +1
Reactions: Brandon10
Are you sure that we aren't speak about more a shortening of the maxilla bone? I have heard several times that those who chewed abusively or had pathologies that forced them to force their teeth together have very "short" faces
I don't see how it could be happening.
Bones can't just disappear, nor shorten considerably.

People who put on implant Lose mm of bones in decades. I don't see how it could be happening with just chewing.

Chewing could give the effect of a shorter midface by widening the zygomaticus region as there's lot of stress put there
You just opened your mouth different and holded the upper lip pressure on the teeth. Overall 0 difference. On the first picture you also draw the orange line over your teeth, so its not a reallistic line. Sorry little mewer, but you need sarpe or expander, and then braces. Invisalign will bring you nothing.
I'm going to put on an expander, as I already stated

I hate to say it but just get braces bro

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and IWantToMax
By the way I just checked the picture.

In the before I drew the line over back teeth only, just slightly on the front ones.

In the after A bit of line goes over my teeth aswell.

The difference is clear. The front of my arches got from a V shape to a U shape.

I'm not here to convince you, nor anybody.
I hate to say it but just get braces bro
I know man, I'm getting them + invisalign soon

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 685
By the way I just checked the picture.

In the before I drew the line over back teeth only, just slightly on the front ones.

In the after A bit of line goes over my teeth aswell.

The difference is clear. The front of my arches got from a V shape to a U shape.

I'm not here to convince you, nor anybody.

I know man, I'm getting them + invisalign soon
Good luck!

• Love it

View attachment 153345

can you even just mandible and mew at the same time ? i can't
and your incisors should touch themselves ? it gives me kinda bruxism

• +1
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Bewusst and Deleted member 3043
Narrow af dental arches

• So Sad
Great progress, how old are you?

• Love it
can you even just mandible and mew at the same time ? i can't
and your incisors should touch themselves ? it gives me kinda bruxism

If I'm not mistaken, it's not a position you want to keep, it's a position you want to adopt from time to time/to most of the time when you chew, it's not necessarily "natural" to use these teeth so often on unsuitable food, but you have to think that our ancestors probably tore up meat that way.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
Kills me 40mm
Mine look like 1.5x as wide as yours but I have a wide midface which looks bad on me with low intergonial width. Keep chewing though, I got some visible expansion from chewing more.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist and IWantToMax
Mine look like 1.5x as wide as yours but I have a wide midface which looks bad on me with low intergonial width. Keep chewing though, I got some visible expansion from chewing more.
Yeah I will definitely.
Already gained some jaw width from chewing.