130 iQ question [part 2]

Spartacus1-

Spartacus1-

The world is yours
A miner has to travel as lightweight as possible in order to reach remote villages where he plans to buy some gems. In his shop he has a portable balance scale and weights counting from one to a hundred grams. He needs to be able to weight pieces up to a hundred grams.

What is the minimum number of weights he can take with him and which ones considering in some cases he might have only one gem to weight?

• +1
Reactions: Arvenas and Hero of the Imperium
Im too high IQ to anwser this. I will do it with 200iq question, till then cya.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645, Deleted member 5683, Deleted member 6427 and 6 others
1 probably. Idk I'm too low IQ

Take a gun, kill everybody, take all gems. Rape the foids. Its remote afterall.

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4645, Deleted member 4991, Deleted member 5891 and 6 others
@TsarTsar444 here's your part2

I guess this is a bit too hard. Fair enough ill provide an answer later on if nobody will do as such.

1, 3, 9, 27, 81

• +1
Reactions: Finalchad

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6695
How does a balance scale even work?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Finalchad and Danish_Retard
I am retarded i just dont have the attention span to think this through to i could quite honestly

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6427, Subhuman Philtrum and Danish_Retard
Its not too hard, im just too lazy to calculate. Too low iq to do it in my mind thouhgh

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
How can i even answer this? The gems have no fixed weight. Or maybe i dont understand the problem

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5683
I feel like this question is worded badly. Is English your first language? Weigh is to determine the weight of an object while weight is to add weight to something, in order to make it heavier.

Explain your results
seems self explanatory. I have encountered similar circumstances going to auctions, selecting what check amounts to bring. In those cases I worked backwards. But here you had to start with 1 as it was implied that there were no fractions. I suppose you could have started at 0.01 and gone up from there.

Or I suppose the last weight could have been 100-32-16-8-4-2-1=37 just to make it fractionally lighter.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Spartacus1-
How can i even answer this? The gems have no fixed weight. Or maybe i dont understand the problem

• JFL
Reactions: AbandonShip
I feel like this question is worded badly. Is English your first language? Weigh is to determine the weight of an object while weight is to add weight to something, in order to make it heavier.
It's not worded badly. You just didn't comprehend it

My iq is so low that i dont even understand the problem

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Finalchad and TsarTsar444
It's not worded badly. You just didn't comprehend it

You cant say "To weight" "I want to weight this"

It doesn't make sense.

The correct word is "Weigh" "I want to weigh this."

I grew up as a native English speaker and I never heard some say "I want you to weight this."

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
My iq is so low that i dont even understand the problem
There are two questions being asked: minimum weight and minimum number of weights.

• +1
Reactions: AbandonShip
I don't even understand how a balance scale workd dfack
It works by balancing of torques. If you put two equal weights on each side then it will balance out perfectly, otherwise it'll tilt to the heavier side

The official answer
1+3+9+27+60=100

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Finalchad, OldRooster and AbandonShip
It works by balancing of torques. If you put two equal weights on each side then it will balance out perfectly, otherwise it'll tilt to the heavier side
I don't get this question tbh, suppose there is a 5gr gem, you need a 5gr weight to measure it, then what?

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
I don't get this question tbh, suppose there is a 5gr gem, you need a 5gr weight to measure it, then what?
Just carry 100 1 gram weights

• JFL
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium
Jfl my IQ is 106
Makes sense Since i didnt even understand the question

You can measure the most accurately using this. The overall weight would be 100 gram so no extra weight problem. Even a retard could figure this out
The problem with the question tho is that he only has weights fro 1 to 100 grams

• So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and AbandonShip
Fuck you op idc shit thread ooga booga

• JFL
Reactions: Spartacus1- and TsarTsar444
You can measure the most accurately using this. The overall weight would be 100 gram so no extra weight problem. Even a retard could figure this out

Why not carry 1gmX 100= 100 weights?
The problem asked for the minimum weigh

OP I CAN TELL BY THE WAY YOU TYPE THAT YOU'RE EASTERN EUROPEAN AND THUS I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THIS QUESTION

REE I THOUGHT OF THE POWERS OF 2 NOT 3. YOU CAN SOLVE THIS BY CONVERTING ARITHMETIC SYSTEMS. IN THIS CASE YOU CONVERT BASE 10 TO BASE 3 BECAUSE YOU NEED LESS WEIGHTS TO REPRESENT THE RANGE [1,100] IN BASE 3 THAN BASE 10. fuck i so sure it was base 2 now im sad because turns out im a brainlet. over

REE I THOUGHT OF THE POWERS OF 2 NOT 3. YOU CAN SOLVE THIS BY CONVERTING ARITHMETIC SYSTEMS. IN THIS CASE YOU CONVERT BASE 10 TO BASE 3 BECAUSE YOU NEED LESS WEIGHTS TO REPRESENT THE RANGE [1,100] IN BASE 3 THAN BASE 10. fuck i so sure it was base 2 now im sad because turns out im a brainlet. over
If we had the weights and scale in front of us it would have been a lot easier to solve.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Spartacus1-, Finalchad and Viro
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 45
Nvm.I re-read and it asks for the minimum nr of weights so a better solution would be 1 2 3 7 12 25 50

Last edited:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 45
Nvm.I re-read and it asks for the minimum nr of weights so a better solution would be 1 2 3 7 12 25 50
No u dont need the 2 grams weight, if a gem weigh 2 grams then u can just put the 3 gram weigh on one side of the scale and on the other side where the gem is u have the gem plus the 1 gram weigh, thus weighting the gem without using a 2 gram weigh.

This applies also for the 7 grams weigh u mentionned if u use a 9 grams plus the 1 gram weigh, and on the other side the 3 gram weigh plus the gem. If u add a 12 grams weights, that then allows u to weigh up to 27 grams gem.
U continue the reasoning like this and u get the answer op posted.

• +1
Reactions: Arvenas
No u dont need the 2 grams weight, if a gem weigh 2 grams then u can just put the 3 gram weigh on one side of the scale and on the other side where the gem is u have the gem plus the 1 gram weigh, thus weighting the gem without using a 2 gram weigh.

This applies also for the 7 grams weigh u mentionned if u use a 9 grams plus the 1 gram weigh, and on the other side the 3 gram weigh plus the gem. If u add a 12 grams weights, that then allows u to weigh up to 27 grams gem.
U continue the reasoning like this and u get the answer op posted.
Jfl at my brain . I didnt think you could use the weights on the other side of the scale.