16M coping with late puberty, all my peers grow taller and i’m stuck at 5’7—is there any hope?

bombarchangel

bombarchangel

Iron
I just turned 16 in June and i’ve always been on the shorter end. I was 5’4 at the end of middle school, 5’5 at the end of freshmen, 5’6 at the end of sophomore and i’m 5’7 currently.

I’m in the US so i’m obviously under average for my age group. it sucks to return to school after trying everything to increase my height and still falling below my peers.

i’ve tried sprinting every morning, jump roping, eating healthy and getting 8 - 9 hours of sleep on average.

a lot of the girls at my school are around 5’4 to 5’6 and it really hurts when it looks like i’m their height.

what’s really gotten to me is my friend from early elementary school transferred back to my town, and he’s 6’1 (we were both the same height when we were younger).

i’ve dated one girl who didn’t care about my height but she had a lot of other issues going on. I felt secure with her but I broke up because I wanted to meet other people before committing to someone at a young age (14-15).

I still hold out hope that i’ll grow, all the guys in my family are above average and have had a late puberty like me. my uncle grew from 5’9 to 6’2 at 18, my grandpa is 6’3 and my dad is 5’10 but my mom is 5’0. that hope is going away because I think i’m coping with the late puberty.

I think what makes being under average tolerable is my face isn’t that bad. i’m not striking but i’d say a generous 7 (normie scale). maybe a 6/10 objectively. so i’m not an outcast and i’m still able to make friends.

I would genuinely cut off a couple of fingers or toes if I was guaranteed to be at least 5’10. it fucking hurts when I think there’s still hope.

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Onewithmoss, GabachoCopium, Debetro and 3 others
When did you hit puberty
If its late you still got time to grow
I grew till i was about 20

• +1
Reactions: BrutalMogger
Whats your parents height, that is the important question

• +1
Reactions: WeiWei and BrutalMogger
I just turned 16 in June and i’ve always been on the shorter end. I was 5’4 at the end of middle school, 5’5 at the end of freshmen, 5’6 at the end of sophomore and i’m 5’7 currently.

I’m in the US so i’m obviously under average for my age group. it sucks to return to school after trying everything to increase my height and still falling below my peers.

i’ve tried sprinting every morning, jump roping, eating healthy and getting 8 - 9 hours of sleep on average.

a lot of the girls at my school are around 5’4 to 5’6 and it really hurts when it looks like i’m their height.

what’s really gotten to me is my friend from early elementary school transferred back to my town, and he’s 6’1 (we were both the same height when we were younger).

i’ve dated one girl who didn’t care about my height but she had a lot of other issues going on. I felt secure with her but I broke up because I wanted to meet other people before committing to someone at a young age (14-15).

I still hold out hope that i’ll grow, all the guys in my family are above average and have had a late puberty like me. my uncle grew from 5’9 to 6’2 at 18, my grandpa is 6’3 and my dad is 5’10 but my mom is 5’0. that hope is going away because I think i’m coping with the late puberty.

I think what makes being under average tolerable is my face isn’t that bad. i’m not striking but i’d say a generous 7 (normie scale). maybe a 6/10 objectively. so i’m not an outcast and i’m still able to make friends.

I would genuinely cut off a couple of fingers or toes if I was guaranteed to be at least 5’10. it fucking hurts when I think there’s still hope.
My big brother was very short all his life i think when he was 17-18 he was around 5'7 however from ages 18-20 he grew to be around 6 feet which is a decent height

• +1
you could heightmaxx

• +1
Reactions: notsocommonthumb
When did you hit puberty
If its late you still got time to grow
I grew till i was about 20
i’m not too sure exactly when, but I have all the signs of a delay. i’d say maybe around 11-12. my underarm hairs and chin hairs are only coming in now. my voice is only starting to deepen now and my muscle mass has always been consistent with no sudden changes

• +1
I was being empathetic for you until:
i’ve dated one girl
So,
4125820 3754664 3428519 7m0lvs

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LegitUser, itzyaboyJJ and BrutalMogger
if ur under arms and chin hair are comjng now lets assume you hit puberty around 13 years meaning you still have about 2 years to grow hopefully
Start fasting at least 15-17hrs a day asap it boosts hgh
Start sprinting
Eat clean lots of meats lots of milk fruits honey avoid processes foods avoid sugars if you can
Start stretching if you can completely decompress your spine you can get 1-1.5 inches permanently

• +1
if ur under arms and chin hair are comjng now lets assume you hit puberty around 13 years meaning you still have about 2 years to grow hopefully
Start fasting at least 15-17hrs a day asap it boosts hgh
Start sprinting
Eat clean lots of meats lots of milk fruits honey avoid processes foods avoid sugars if you can
Start stretching if you can completely decompress your spine you can get 1-1.5 inches permanently
I do fast often, my parent's are OK with me doing that. I eat clean, I eat lots of meat and I don't eat processed sugars. I will start eating honey and drinking more milk through. and i'll try to stretch more. I have a pull up bar in my room. thanks!

• +1
elaborate? I think im doing all I can but if there's more please tell me
pharmaceutical intervention.
Heightmaxxing often consists of 2 components, a aromatase inhibitor and a Human growth hormone increasing substance.

Estrogen closes growth plates the most so using a aromatase inhibitor would help them stay open and the growth hormone increasing substance would grow the bone.( aromatase inhibitors prevent testosterone from converting into estrogen)

Your mom is 152 cm, what do you expect. Be happy that at least you are 20 cm taller than her.

• +1
Reactions: itzyaboyJJ

Bro its the same for me, I just turned 17 on the 27'th and I'm only 5'7.5 (every .1 matters at this point) the men in my family all range from 5'11-6'3 my older brother by 2 years is 5'9 and from 2020-2024 he did nothing but sit in his room in a beanbag and play video games (not even joking it was literally his bed aswell) he didnt grow at all from 2021-2024 likely due to lifestyle and diet (nigga ate nothing but top ramen). My father is only 5'7 because he had a severely underactive pituitary gland when he was a child but his family was poor and they had no insurance so he couldnt take hgh. When I was growing up I hardly ate and every summer I would visit my cousin and his parents were retards and never gave us food nor was there anything in the house to eat so every summer (when most kids hit big growth spurts) I would be starved and not grow. By the time I was 13 I was still 4'10 and my family was worried that I wasnt even gonna hit 5 feet tall.

But then when it was close to my 14'th birthday I discovered a few looksmaxxing websites and content creators and just lurked, I changed my diet and my lifestyle and started to eat more and do calisthenics and do interval sprints and in a span of 5 months I went from 4'10(maybe 4'11) to 5'5 and then over the years I've noticed incredibly small amounts of growth to where I'm at now. I spoke to some of my family members and quite a few of them claimed similar things happened to them where they were very short till 14-16 and then suddenly hit a major growth spurt but then didnt grow at all for some time and then around 19-21 they would hit another major growth spurt and end up around 5'11-6'1+. This happened to my fathers brothers along with their father(who ended up 6'3 and claims he was 5'8 at 18) but did not happen to my father likely due to his condition. On my mothers side they all grew normally and ended up between 5'10-6'1.

I'm hoping this may be the case for me aswell but sometimes I wonder if I'm just coping and shouldnt hold onto the hope I'll end up around 5'10-5'11 despite the fact that my genetics seem to make it possible. I'm hopping on Aromasin and hgh and igf-1 to give me some better odds of meeting my genetic potential. Cant convince my mom to take me to get my growth plates xrayed since we live on a mountain so getting to a hospital is around a 3 hour drive which is kinda annoying but they're definitely not closed(cope?).

it’s over

• +1
Reactions: 3.5/10 17yrs old. and itzyaboyJJ