2 cheeks 2 different "side" profiles?

TheUpcomingE

TheUpcomingE

Iron
Hey guys, Ive chewed my entire life with the right cheek only, that's why I got a bigger masseter on the right.

Although a bigger masseter should look better, when I do a half side profile my right cheek looks bloated and no zygo to be seen, whereas on the left cheek I have 0 masseter but I look better in those half side profile because of the zygo.

AS YOU CAN SEE I LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT JUST BY SHOWING THE OPPOSITE CHEEK, what do you think is the cause?

Maybe I have excessive buccal fat on the right cheek and also I'll just have to increase left masseter size?

PS: I am at 14% bodyfat, even when I was 10/12% bf my right cheek looked less lean than the other one.

Front Face 1
Front Face 2
Front face 3
Front face 4

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: eyebagcel, SexyMofo, karbo and 4 others
Hey guys, Ive chewed my entire life with the right cheek only, that's why I got a bigger masseter on the right.

Although a bigger masseter should look better, when I do a half side profile my right cheek looks bloated and no zygo to be seen, whereas on the left cheek I have 0 masseter but I look better in those half side profile because of the zygo.

AS YOU CAN SEE I LOOK COMPLETELY DIFFERENT JUST BY SHOWING THE OPPOSITE CHEEK, what do you think is the cause?

Maybe I have excessive buccal fat on the right cheek and also I'll just have to increase left masseter size?
View attachment 736590View attachment 736591View attachment 736592View attachment 736594
get fillers to even out jaw and cheeks

actually I had this problem ngl and I fixed it in 6 months by chewing on both sides

• +1
Reactions: St. Wristcel
actually I had this problem ngl and I fixed it in 6 months by chewing on both sides

I understand I need to start chewing with my left side, but I dont understand why I look bloated on one cheek.

I understand I need to start chewing with my left side, but I dont understand why I look bloated on one cheek.
I think most people have some level of asymmetry in cheeks. I was referring more to your uneven jaw. in that first pic there's a great difference in lateral size of both sides of ur face. don't chew with left side only, chew with both sides evenly

I have this same problem..

Jaw surgery easily fixes this

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766 and MansNotHot
I know LOL, Im trying to understand what exactly is the cause of this asymmetry.
Don't focus on the cause, just fix the problem.
You said you chewed on only ones side: you already know the cause.

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod and Deleted member 19766
I know LOL, Im trying to understand what exactly is the cause of this asymmetry.

Im not sure but it might be fixable even without surgery.. If you Chew too much with 1 side.. Your muscle will get stronger... and the other side will became weaker.. Thats why you probably have it... You need eat food with both sides..

Last edited:
  • Hmm...
Im not sure but it might be fixable even without surgery.. If you Chew too much with 1 side.. Your muscle will get stronger... and the other side will became weaker.. Thats why you probably have it... You need eat food with both sides..

Yeah, but i dont undestand if whether having the cheek bloated is normal, zygo disappears so its super rounded in photo

• Hmm...
Yeah, but i dont undestand if whether having the cheek bloated is normal, zygo disappears so its super rounded in photo

Here is comment from dentist.. There are two things that can cause it... Muscles unbalance and parafunction habits.

Hyperactive jaw muscles where one side is favoured can lead to greater asymmetry of the face. It could be from parafunction - grinding/clenching and depending on the malocclusion and occlusal interferences, the muscles may be more active on one side. Favouring chewing on one side only can also contribute to asymmetry, but that may be a smaller component compared to parafunctional habits. It is a group of jaw muscles that are involved in mastication, but typically the one that is visibly enlarged is the masseter muscle. It’s just like any other muscle in the body - if it active, you exercise it, it gets bigger.

• +1
Reactions: PSLdemigod and Deleted member 19766
Dentist comment.

Hyperactive jaw muscles where one side is favoured can lead to greater asymmetry of the face. It could be from parafunction - grinding/clenching and depending on the malocclusion and occlusal interferences, the muscles may be more active on one side. Favouring chewing on one side only can also contribute to asymmetry, but that may be a smaller component compared to parafunctional habits. It is a group of jaw muscles that are involved in mastication, but typically the one that is visibly enlarged is the masseter muscle. It’s just like any other muscle in the body - if it active, you exercise it, it gets bigger.

What about the fat?

What about the fat?

I dont know if Buccal fat can create asymmetric jaw but its probably your habit chewing with only one Said.. I have same problem as you but its not as severe.

your right ramus bone looks much stronger and bigger than the left.

Do you sleep on your left or right side? If you sleep on the left then gravity could be pulling that sides fat/muscle tissue down more every night..I have the same problem

I have the same problem i always chewed/slept on the right side, how do fix this with surgery or other way to fix it

• +1
You look unhealthy

I have the same problem i always chewed/slept on the right side, how do fix this with surgery or other way to fix it

You can fix it buy eating with both sides. If you dont use your muscle they will get weaker in the jaw area.. its the muscle that causes asymmetry not bone in your case.

pale skin, dry lips and dark circles
Are those really indicators of being "unhealthy" or just not going out in sun and using lip balm? I have all the same features.

Are those really indicators of being "unhealthy" or just not going out in sun and using lip balm? I have all the same features.
I said he LOOKS unhealthy, not that he is

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Don't focus on the cause, just fix the problem.
You said you chewed on only ones side: you already know the cause.
if the cause isn't fixed as well the problem will only resurface in the future

• +1
Reactions: SexyMofo, TheUpcomingE and northafrfrench
any high IQcel care to explain how the fuck this happens? how would chewing on the bloated site help? like, inducing masseter hypertrophy so the skin stretches further resulting in getting the lean look or what?

• +1
Reactions: SexyMofo
I have the identical problem that you outlined, seems like a bunch of others do aswell. It’s super frustrating cause I literally have no clue what caused it and the best way to fix it.

I’m planning on getting buccal fat removal but tbh I don’t rlly think it’s the issue. With that said I think it will probably even it out a bit and reduce it. Also fillers can help with the zygo profusion & other small fixes. For my bad side, it almost seems like my jaw is slightly horizontally shorter and lower down than the better side.

@RealSurgerymax do you know what’s causing this?

• Hmm...
i believe the zygo differences are due to an asymmetric maxilla

• +1
I think most people have some level of asymmetry in cheeks. I was referring more to your uneven jaw. in that first pic there's a great difference in lateral size of both sides of ur face. don't chew with left side only, chew with both sides evenly
Are you sure? Even if you've been chewing with one side your entire life? I think Mike Mew said you should chew with the weaker side until both are even.

Here is comment from dentist.. There are two things that can cause it... Muscles unbalance and parafunction habits.

How tf do you know if you are grinding/clenching, and how do you stop it if so?

Do you sleep on your left or right side? If you sleep on the left then gravity could be pulling that sides fat/muscle tissue down more every night..I have the same problem
i sleep on left side of face but my right side is more bloated. I chew on right side more often but now stopped. what you think?

Asymmetrical cheekbones. Just a “coincidence”.

i cant see the pictures. please make a link or send them privately

As to your concern, this is caused ofc by asymmetry, which can be either bc of your bones or muscles. Might be dental too.
A picture of your teeth would help too.

PS: I am at 14% bodyfat, even when I was 10/12% bf my right cheek looked less lean than the other one.

View attachment 736590View attachment 736591View attachment 736592View attachment 736594
It's been 4 years. Did you fix the issue, or improve it in any way?