3 things I want from modern scientists

R

rl⠀

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
1. a pill that makes you fall asleep within 3 minutes from taking it
2. a pill that blocks existential dread
3. a pill that reduces your perception of the world to that of an 8-year-old child, while not nuking your intelligence and acquired knowledge-level

is that really too much to ask for?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29167 and Abhorrence
2 and 3 is too complicated to make
1 already exists i think but addictive

• +1
Reactions: rl⠀

ambien/zolpidem, but once you become tolerant, it's useless and fries your brain because you need 10 x the recommended dose to achieve the same effect it had on you when you started taking it. when i first started taking it (5 mg), it had more potency than taking 80 mg (and this is not a hyperbole) has on me now.

alcohol and benzos help with this to an extent too, but there are too many downsides associated with them.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Abhorrence
there’s surgery for this but you have to be institutionalized and live in a certain area

some sort of neo lobotomy, you can’t enjoy art after though

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and rl⠀
there’s surgery for this but you have to be institutionalized and live in a certain area

some sort of neo lobotomy, you can’t enjoy art after though

for what, 2. or 3.?

I'm not even enjoying art now anyway, so not much of a loss.

An excerpt of any von Neumann's paper holds more value than the entire opera of van Gogh, Beethoven and Milton combined.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: incel194012940
for what, 2. or 3.?

I'm not even enjoying art now anyway, so not much of a loss.

One Von Neumann's paper holds more value than the entire opus of van Gogh, Beethoven and Milton combined.
both going off an article I read yrs ago

• +1
I took a pill that made me fall asleep almost immediately when I was at the psych ward. Went into a pretty drunk-like state after taking it though before falling asleep, texted random low inhib shit to people

Not really possible because even the strongest pill would take more than a few minutes to get into your system from the blood brain barrier.

You’d need to just inject it directly similar to an tranquilizer but you won’t induce REM sleep. And it won’t release the coritsol needed to make you wake up normally unless you inject something else.

So you’d be having to inject twice only to get worst sleep quality.

The second pill is easiest you’d just need something that raises bonding hormone and seratonin

• Hmm...
Reactions: Abhorrence
1. a pill that makes you fall asleep within 3 minutes from taking it
2. a pill that blocks existential dread
These two would be plenty.

• +1
I took a pill that made me fall asleep almost immediately when I was at the psych ward. Went into a pretty drunk-like state after taking it though before falling asleep, texted random low inhib shit to people

ambien/zolpidem. binds to GABAa receptors (mechanism of action with effects almost identical to consuming alcohol).

Last edited:
ambien/zolpidem, but once you become tolerant, it's useless and fries your brain because you need 10 x the recommended dose to achieve the same effect it had on you when you started taking it. when i first started taking it (5 mg), it had more potency than taking 80 mg (and this is not a hyperbole) has on me now.

alcohol and benzos help with this to an extent too, but there are too many downsides associated with them.
How much do you need to take to become tolerant?

How much do you need to take to become tolerant?

idk, i've been getting enough from the medicine by taking cca 5-10 mg per night for months, but after a couple of years of more or less regular using, i now need at least 50 mg to feel the effect remotely comparable to those i felt from 5 mg when i first started.

- during the first couple of months of using it - i'd get double vision, extreme euphoria and a complete loss of body balance from 5 mg (within like 8 minutes of taking the pill)
- now, after 5-6 years - i barely feel anything after taking 50 to 80 mg

to actually get sleepy (provided I haven't had a turbo active and exhausting day, even though not even that helps most of the time), I now need at least 50 mg of ambien, 8-12 mg of benzos and 1+ l of wine to be able to fall asleep in less than 30 minutes.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: gay retard and Aladin
How about a pill that gives you a dream of trillion years? What if you already took one and now you are rotting forever in a dream while the alien faggots that placed you in this shit are drinking a coffee and fucking their wives.

• Love it
have you tried seroquel? i took it once and felt like someone had shoved an ice pick through my skull. IQ went from 90 to 40. was legit fucking scary

doesn't really help with what you want, but it's worth trying once just to feel what it's like to have downs syndrome

also zopiclone/sleeping pills mog hard

lyrica/pregabalin might be worth looking into, but like you said, once you build up a tolerance to this garbage you're just poisoning yourself for barley any gain

• JFL
Reactions: the MOUSE