500 caloric deficit survival tips? what is your perfect diet like and how did you structure it to survive on the sweetspot that is 1lb weightloss/week

oldcelloser

oldcelloser

Degenerate coomer +geomaxxer; LEAVE THE WEST sub8s
/title?
what were your caloric intake like and macros/ ratios in the days that you succesfully executed a normal/mid sized deficit? i can barely tolerate 200 nowadays but that is too slow for my fat face rn :lul:; i want to go to 500 but i will have sleeping problems as i can barely breathe rn -> impeding septoplasty :feelscry:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530
Same boat man.I’m having a hard time doing low calorie diet because of health.I used to do insane diets but no more:feelscry:
I’ll do 1600 for a while I think.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and oldcelloser
Time restricted eating time helps me a lot, it has various other benefits too.

• +1
Reactions: oldcelloser
I cut on ray peat diet so like 15-20% fat , protein 25% carbs the rest , it worked well .
I did more than 500 deficit idk for sure but would refeed once or twice a week during training days .

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
- increasing cardio
- eating food like: apples, potatos, veggies, eggs, drink 0 calorie soda
- eating most of your food at night
- taki breaks, but longer - like 2-4 weeks, instead of often 1-2 day breaks
this is what helped me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827, oldcelloser and Danish_Retard
Time restricted eating time helps me a lot, it has various other benefits too.

i dont see that much of a difference tbh; fasting is mostly a meme and it counts only in the sense of a tool that can help you get into the deficit you want

Stick to your 200 caloric deficit, but eat a lot of protein. Protein has the biggest influence on your thermic effect(the rate your body burns calories after ingesting food)
The reported TEF for protein is 20–30% of energy content compared to fat (0–3%) and carbohydrates (5–10%) (3). Thus, the higher the protein content of the meal, the larger the effect on EE
This is why CICO is total BS and anyone who preaches it should be ignored on the spot

Also consider your NEAT/Non-exercise activity thermogenesis. Your NEAT is basically the calories that you burn outside of eating, sleeping, and exercise. Walking, standing, cleaning up, performing yard work .etc. Our ancestors would burn over 1,000 calories from NEAT alone, but now that society is almost completely sedentary. We don't even burn a quarter of that usually

So, in short eat a lot of protein and don't sit on your ass all day. High caloric deficits affect your hormones, sleep, and may damage your metabolic rate if you do it long term

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: oldcelloser and Deleted member 15827
/title?
what were your caloric intake like and macros/ ratios in the days that you succesfully executed a normal/mid sized deficit? i can barely tolerate 200 nowadays but that is too slow for my fat face rn :lul:; i want to go to 500 but i will have sleeping problems as i can barely breathe rn -> impeding septoplasty :feelscry:
Bro I‘m having so much success with Keto right now! Very effective at suppressing hunger for me. I wish I had given it a shot much sooner because I‘ve been struggling with getting down from 20 BFP to 10-12 a whole fucking year. When I ate carbs, hypoglycemia fucked me hard when dieting and especially my cognitive abilities so I coped by eating more to function in college. On keto, that‘s not a problem anymore.

My diet right now (I burn 3000 calories a day, so you‘ll have to adjust calories to your needs)

Intermittent Fasting from 4 PM to 2 PM
I drink one Bulletproof coffee in the morning with two tablespoons of butter and one tablespoon of MCT.

Then I feast: 250 g of 15% fat ground beef, about 300-400 g of chicken thighs, 200g spinach, 4 egg yolks in 1-2 hours. This is basically OMAD which I didn’t intend on doing but I tried it one day just because and it worked better for me than eating one meal, waiting a few hours and eating the second and last meal of the day. Your mileage may differ, so just experiment what works for you.

Someday I‘m more active I throw in some more butter or 100g of macadamia nuts (way too tasty tho so there‘s a high risk of binging if you have them at home; so they are more like a special treat to me).

I also do barely any exercise because exercising on Keto is torture. I‘ll gain the muscle I lose back easily once back on carbs.

Hope that helps.

• +1
Bro I‘m having so much success with Keto right now! Very effective at suppressing hunger for me. I wish I had given it a shot much sooner because I‘ve been struggling with getting down from 20 BFP to 10-12 a whole fucking year. When I ate carbs, hypoglycemia fucked me hard when dieting and especially my cognitive abilities so I coped by eating more to function in college. On keto, that‘s not a problem anymore.

My diet right now (I burn 3000 calories a day, so you‘ll have to adjust calories to your needs)

Intermittent Fasting from 4 PM to 2 PM
I drink one Bulletproof coffee in the morning with two tablespoons of butter and one tablespoon of MCT.

Then I feast: 250 g of 15% fat ground beef, about 300-400 g of chicken thighs, 200g spinach, 4 egg yolks in 1-2 hours. This is basically OMAD which I didn’t intend on doing but I tried it one day just because and it worked better for me than eating one meal, waiting a few hours and eating the second and last meal of the day. Your mileage may differ, so just experiment what works for you.

Someday I‘m more active I throw in some more butter or 100g of macadamia nuts (way too tasty tho so there‘s a high risk of binging if you have them at home; so they are more like a special treat to me).

I also do barely any exercise because exercising on Keto is torture. I‘ll gain the muscle I lose back easily once back on carbs.

Hope that helps.
Btw, I‘m not a keto zelot that thinks muh carbs are evil and cause obesity. I just tried this diet and boom, my excessive hunger is gone. So I‘m sticking to what works

• +1
just amphetaminemaxx

• JFL
i dont see that much of a difference tbh; fasting is mostly a meme and it counts only in the sense of a tool that can help you get into the deficit you want
Did you even watch the video? He goes over many studies that contradict what you just said.

• +1
Just be patient and target 200-300 calories deficit instead of 500. Take your time to lean out for 6 months instead of 3 months. Plus the more you are on a diet without relapsing and food craving the more your stomach will skrunk and you will feel satiety by eating less. Satiety and stomach size is the most important factor when it come to weight loss in the long run.
You don't want to starve every day for 3 months and being weak at work/social life. It took me 1 year to go from 3500 calories diet ( I was bulking ) to 1300 calories now 1 year later and I don't feel hungry at all. I've lost about 1kg per month slowly.

• +1
How to lose fat:
- Track calories and protein.
- 10,000 steps a day.
- Workout in the gym consistently.
- Only add dedicated cardio when necessary e.g. you’re deep into the cut and have plateaued.

How to suppress appetite:
- Have a protein/fat heavy breakfast; you will be satiated for ages and blood sugar will remain stable.
- Plenty of water + fibre.
- Caffeine.

This is the best advice you’ll get OP.

• +1
Did you even watch the video? He goes over many studies that contradict what you just said.
im not saying it doesnt work but its just a tool to keep your calories lower/ beyond maintenance, ultimately
i put my mother on 10 hour fasts, she still gained weight because she overate bad, caloric dense foods like a pig :feelskek:
meanwhile i did like 7 meals of 200-300 cals daily and still lost a shit ton of weight and never felt better :feelskek:
do you eat in a time restricted manner now? what does a regular day look like?

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
How to lose fat:
- Track calories and protein.
- 10,000 steps a day.
- Workout in the gym consistently.
- Only add dedicated cardio when necessary e.g. you’re deep into the cut and have plateaued.

How to suppress appetite:
- Have a protein/fat heavy breakfast; you will be satiated for ages and blood sugar will remain stable.
- Plenty of water + fibre.
- Caffeine.

This is the best advice you’ll get OP.
Nicotine gum

im not saying it doesnt work but its just a tool to keep your calories lower/ beyond maintenance, ultimately
i put my mother on 10 hour fasts, she still gained weight because she overate bad, caloric dense foods like a pig :feelskek:
meanwhile i did like 7 meals of 200-300 cals daily and still lost a shit ton of weight and never felt better :feelskek:
do you eat in a time restricted manner now? what does a regular day look like?
I usually eat at ~9:30-10:00 because thats when theres breaks in my school and then I make sure to finish dinner before 18:00. I'm still fat because I eat like shit to cope momentarily. I eat a "keto" breakfast like Huberman and it has helped me somewhat with being more alert, and then a lot of carbs at dinner.

Yeah, if your only wish is to lose fat it won't do much other than perhaps let you lose more internal fat, but if you there gonna lose all the weight anyway losing internal fat faster won't make that much of a difference.

• Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back