50min- 1hr commute times worth it?

SubhumanCurrycel

SubhumanCurrycel

It’s just hair bro
I need a job got a potentially good opportunity right now but the commute is around 50 minutes to 1hr and 10 mins peak traffic. Currently NEETing after quitting minimum wage garbage, anyone done long distance travel work?

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer, Jova, optimisticzoomer and 5 others
Not enough info, how good is this offer, what is your mean of transportation (public bus/train is pure cancer)

• +1
Reactions: Jova, Nirvana, Sub5kang and 3 others
I need a job got a potentially good opportunity right now but the commute is around 50 minutes to 1hr and 10 mins peak traffic. Currently NEETing after quitting minimum wage garbage, anyone done long distance travel work?

Is this to and back, or just one trip?

A 2 hour cumulative commute seems miserable tbh, but depends on the pay, the work environment, and other factors.

I didn't have work, but school was a 1 hr commute, and it sucked.

• +1
Reactions: Sub5kang, UrGirlsMcm and SubhumanCurrycel

A 2 hour cumulative commute seems miserable tbh, but depends on the pay, the work environment, and other factors.

One way 4days a week

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe
Not enough info, how good is this offer, what is your mean of transportation (public bus/train is pure cancer)
Car, it’s a temporary role about 4 months but it’s better than anything I’ve had before including pay, thinking of just taking it better than rotting

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe and NZb6Air
Car, it’s a temporary role about 4 months but it’s better than anything I’ve had before including pay, thinking of just taking it better than rotting
ye take it then

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and ey88
One way 4days a week

Stick with it while you get an opportunity that's closer.

If the job itself is chill, coworkers are cool, it might be be worth the trade off.

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell and SubhumanCurrycel
if the pay is good i don't see why not, you can read or watch something on the way home.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
get a motorbike and bypass traffic

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Nirvana, bululu_87, StarvedEpi and 1 other person
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Soychadcell, Nirvana, bululu_87 and 2 others
  • JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: watah, SubhumanCurrycel and StarvedEpi
you don't have youtube videos/music/podcasts/audiobooks/ phone call conversations you wouldn't mind spending 2 hours a day on?

• +1
Reactions: Nirvana and SubhumanCurrycel
you don't have youtube videos/music/podcasts/audiobooks/ phone call conversations you wouldn't mind spending 2 hours a day on?
Yea you're right could just download podcasts and audiobooks and play it while I drive not a bad way to kill time, driving is kinda relaxing tbh

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
Was thinking this

Got an interview offer but it's 75-80 min commute one way, and I couldn't get to the start time with that, so I had to decline, even tho job looked good

I'm struggling to find jobs at all, let alone within an hour's commute (public transport - I don't have a car)

• +1
Mine is 2-3 hours :feelswhy:

• +1
What happened to your medicine course?

• +1
Yes and you should learn Japanese during that time, use Anki

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: JohnDoe and optimisticzoomer
  • +1
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Latvianchud185, qazw and Rea

I have a 40m train commute to school and I quite enjoy it

NIGGA aren't you a med student?
Was never one still in applications process, had an interview not too long ago but it’ll be months before I know the result

• +1
Reactions: 9898
If the pay and hours are good then its worth it

• +1
168h per week
10h commute time
56h sleep
40h work
Commuting time is 10 / (168-56-40) = 14% of your spare time

• +1
  • +1