5'5 guy gets brutally gaslit by redditors

FBl

FBl

Federal Bureau of Investigation
"The worst she can say is No"

I’m a 21-year-old guy who’s never been in a relationship. I’m not shy—I enjoy socializing and have a lot of hobbies like long walks, gaming, music, painting, going to the gym, and running. However, I often face rejection due to my height (5'5"). I understand rejection is part of dating, and I try to handle it gracefully.

I recently moved to a new country I don't have any friends and am still adjusting to the culture here. Last week, I went to a coffee shop I’ve been frequenting for a few months. I saw someone I found attractive and decided to approach her. I told her, "Hi, I think you’re really cute."

Her reaction was immediate and harsh. She looked disgusted and raised her voice, saying, "How dare you! Look at yourself!" Her friend joined in with comments like, "Are you even old enough?" I was taken aback and felt extremely embarrassed, especially since this coffee shop was a regular spot for me.

This isn’t the first time I’ve faced such a reaction. It’s starting to really affect my confidence, and I’m beginning to feel like my attempts to meet people are being seen as disrespectful and I am not worthy of them. These reactions made me scared of socializing.

Update: From most of your comments, I see that the issue was with me. I was being rude by complementing her looks instead of starting a conversation and seeing how she reacted. I didn’t just say “you’re cute”—I tried to discuss her college, but she seemed uncomfortable and disgusted for some reason, so I jumped to conclusions. I’m still learning and trying to improve. Thank you for your advice and tips, and I’m sorry.

Update 2: Sorry if my post was confusing. I've seen her at the coffee shop for over a week, and she’s a regular since it’s near her college. I tried to start a conversation about her college and didn’t just say “you’re cute.” She seemed uncomfortable, and I didn’t know what to do next, so I ended up inviting her for coffee.

• JFL
Reactions: Mewton, Iasacrko, Ascеnd and 1 other person
Update: From most of your comments, I see that the issue was with me. I was being rude by complementing her looks instead of starting a conversation and seeing how she reacted.
Ooof. Brutual.

Muah just cold approach bro IT WORKS FOR ME ALL THE TIME!

• JFL
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
Nah he really went back for seconds

Probably a cuck, I bet it got him hard :ROFLMAO:

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Ascеnd and FBl
Brutal but he’s probably facially ugly too

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx, Mewton and FBl
"The worst she can say is No"

I’m a 21-year-old guy who’s never been in a relationship. I’m not shy—I enjoy socializing and have a lot of hobbies like long walks, gaming, music, painting, going to the gym, and running. However, I often face rejection due to my height (5'5"). I understand rejection is part of dating, and I try to handle it gracefully.

I recently moved to a new country I don't have any friends and am still adjusting to the culture here. Last week, I went to a coffee shop I’ve been frequenting for a few months. I saw someone I found attractive and decided to approach her. I told her, "Hi, I think you’re really cute."

Her reaction was immediate and harsh. She looked disgusted and raised her voice, saying, "How dare you! Look at yourself!" Her friend joined in with comments like, "Are you even old enough?" I was taken aback and felt extremely embarrassed, especially since this coffee shop was a regular spot for me.

This isn’t the first time I’ve faced such a reaction. It’s starting to really affect my confidence, and I’m beginning to feel like my attempts to meet people are being seen as disrespectful and I am not worthy of them. These reactions made me scared of socializing.

Update: From most of your comments, I see that the issue was with me. I was being rude by complementing her looks instead of starting a conversation and seeing how she reacted. I didn’t just say “you’re cute”—I tried to discuss her college, but she seemed uncomfortable and disgusted for some reason, so I jumped to conclusions. I’m still learning and trying to improve. Thank you for your advice and tips, and I’m sorry.

Update 2: Sorry if my post was confusing. I've seen her at the coffee shop for over a week, and she’s a regular since it’s near her college. I tried to start a conversation about her college and didn’t just say “you’re cute.” She seemed uncomfortable, and I didn’t know what to do next, so I ended up inviting her for coffee.
it's over for anyone short using reddit, you'll just be used as a punching back/laughingstock no matter what you do or say

• JFL
Reactions: FBl
The saddest part is as he wrote on the update these guys always blame themselves for saying something being rude :forcedsmile:

Jfl bluepillers are so fucking deluded it’s tragic

Nothing I’d do to be unblackpilled tbh it’s worth it

• So Sad
  • +1
Moved to a taller country being 5'5
Very wise

• JFL
JFL at redditors blaming him for this :lul::lul::feelswhy: