900 cal deficit too harsh?? Correct Maintenance Calories?

survens

survens

Banned
Trying to lose weight, haven't been happy with my body in years.

I've tried multiple times to lose weight, mostly without a diet (which obv didn't work in hindsight)

This time is different, I've just graduated HS and I cannot bear to go thru college like this.

I know quite a bit about whats healthy and whats not and how to maintain a diet. I have a binge ED (yes its real and not a lack of self control) 💀

Enough of the sad shit

Its been about a week since I calculated my maintenance calories (Im 18, 179cm, and 260lb) and its telling me that to maintain my current weight I'd need to eat 2600+ calories.

I've also been fasting for 14-18 hours on these days, I start eating at 12:00, and I don't eat after 6:30 - 7PM.

During this week, I have stuck to a 1750 cal limit and I've noticed:
  1. Increased energy
  2. Extremely little cravings
  3. Getting more full from smaller amounts of food
  4. Not hungry throughout the day, only hungry during times like lunch and dinner

Anything I should be worried about? Is a 900 cal deficit too much? I've had no problems so far.

I've also not been eating the full 1750 calories, most days I'm under 100-200 cals.

And does anyone have any recommended exercises?

• +1
Reactions: N1666
People usually do a 500 cal deficit, so if you are feeling good on 900 then stick with it.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: survens and IndraBC
900 is kinda crazy ngl. If your goal is to lose weight, it’s always better to lose it in a healthy manner.