A call to gymcels: Best exercises for triceps and biceps without dumbbells and cables.

thisend

thisend

Dieting to 8% bodyfat
What are the best exercises for triceps and biceps that can be done with a barbell, a power rack, a pull-up bar, plates and dip bars?

Triceps and biceps are my weakness. I see my traps, delts, chest and traps have developed, and my biceps and triceps are lagging behind.

• +1
Reactions: Indiana Evans
What are the best exercises for triceps and biceps that can be done with a barbell, a power rack, a pull-up bar, plates and dip bars?

Triceps and biceps are my weakness. I see my traps, delts, chest and traps have developed, and my biceps and triceps are lagging behind.
triceps i would say dips with slow eccentrics and a little pause , and bicepps i would say bicep curl slow eccentric and concentric

• +1
Reactions: JawGuyFatFaceGuy, thisend, Indiana Evans and 1 other person
Grab a rock or something heavy and curl it

also push ups

• +1
Reactions: thisend and Indiana Evans
Dip bars are really good
Chin ups
Barbell curls, tilt hands/wrists downwards to minimise forearm involvement.

Heavy dips and EZ bar skull crushers are my favorite for triceps

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, JawGuyFatFaceGuy, thisend and 1 other person
I find diamond push ups really great for triceps, for biceps just curls with anything you can find

• +1
OHP variations hit your triceps, especially long head, hard. Chin ups and pull ups hit the long head of your triceps, plus your whole biceps. Reverse curls with the barbell would be solid too, they work your forearms.

• +1
Diamond push ups are the best exercise for tricep activation according to studies. Don't cheat and put your hands too far forward and remember to squeeze your glutes and flex your abs while doing them otherwise they won't be as effective.

This study concludes that triangle push-ups were the best triceps exercise, although kickbacks and dips were equally effective in targeting the triceps brachii muscle.

As for biceps just do a lot of curls. Try 8-20 reps with lots of sets. You need to find what range works best for you. You can buy cheap dumbells and lean forward while contracting your muscles slowly as this makes the exercise harder. Or you can get a backpack with weight.

Good luck

• +1
Reactions: thisend
Be careful with the volume at first so you don't get elbow pain:)

• +1
Curls and skulls are great but can be hard on the wrists with a straight bar. If you’ve got a home gym an ez curl bar would be a good pick up. Pretty cheap and having it would make training your arms easier and motivate you to hit them more

• +1
Diamond push ups are the best exercise for tricep activation according to studies. Don't cheat and put your hands too far forward and remember to squeeze your glutes and flex your abs while doing them otherwise they won't be as effective.

This study concludes that triangle push-ups were the best triceps exercise, although kickbacks and dips were equally effective in targeting the triceps brachii muscle.

As for biceps just do a lot of curls. Try 8-20 reps with lots of sets. You need to find what range works best for you. You can buy cheap dumbells and lean forward while contracting your muscles slowly as this makes the exercise harder. Or you can get a backpack with weight.

Good luck
@Indiana Evans I Was Gonna Go In The HotTub With @Marsiere214 ...
You Wanna Join?
man_woman_drink_bath.jpg

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Indiana Evans and Marsiere214