A different surgeon told me I should get bimax

optimisticzoomer

optimisticzoomer

This is a volcel forum
Over. I consulted ramieri a month ago for bimax and he told me I shouldn't get bimax, and just get genio (6-8 mm)

Now I just consulted a different surgeon for genio and he told me I should get bimax, and genio results will be limited (no more than 6 mm).

This other guy only seemed to look at my picture tho and not my scan, whereas ramieri based it on my scan rather than pictures.

Conflicting info, and I'd gone off the idea of bimax since the ramieri consult. Atp I cba/don't care enough to go through bimax though, so will probably just get genio for now at least. I'll probably consult another maxillofacial surgeon and see what they say though
:feelsohgod:

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: IndraBC, murdah, normie_joe and 5 others
JFL if you don't get bimax.

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
JFL if you don't get bimax.
For what?
"Blackpill" is an Indian meme. I'm only looking for an improvement without creating a deep fold beneath the lip

Besides, the bimax morph he did looked retarded and dogmaxxed, just genio looked better, and he didn't look at my CT scan, which is retarded considering I sent it. Genio is so much simpler, that it's retarded to rush into bimax based on one guy looking at your picture, when another guy with a bigger reputation looked at your scan and said no bimax.

I'll just have to consult a couple more

• +1
Reactions: murdah, lowiqNormie, BladeRunner and 4 others
For what?
"Blackpill" is an Indian meme. I'm only looking for an improvement without creating a deep fold beneath the lip

Besides, the bimax morph he did looked retarded and dogmaxxed, just genio looked better, and he didn't look at my CT scan, which is retarded considering I sent it. Genio is so much simpler, that it's retarded to rush into bimax based on one guy looking at your picture, when another guy with a bigger reputation looked at your scan and said no bimax.

I'll just have to consult a couple more
Sounds like you are COPING hard. Show pics or we can't help you.

• Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: IndraBC, coispet, mirrormogger and 2 others
Sounds like you are COPING hard. Show pics or we can't help you.
Jfl, I dont want the "help" of an edgy teen. I've posted my pics before, and with a genio morph, which users said looked good

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC, murdah, normie_joe and 3 others
If you would look good with genio don’t bother with bimax

• +1
Reactions: cromagnon and optimisticzoomer
Most people don't actually need bimax and can get away with something like sliding genio. This is what I will be getting instead of bimax since I don't actually need any enhancement or anything to do with mandible, just recession of chin protrusion. Costs 2k for me.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: IndraBC and optimisticzoomer
Most people don't actually need bimax and can get away with something like sliding genio. This is what I will be getting instead of bimax since I don't actually need any enhancement or anything to do with mandible, just recession of chin protrusion. Costs 2k for me.
I'm a major chincel, so just hoping I don't end up with a mentolabial fold. Downward movement can help prevent that tho. Yeah bimax comes with issues like wider nostrils, worsened ogee curve, and obviously cost and recovery (+ braces and the time this takes). Imo bimax should only be considered if u have the mouth breather look

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe and DalitBoss
@RoyaleWithCheese did you consider bimax/speak with any surgeons about it before genio? And did u get downward movement to counteract fold?

going with the surgeon my ortho recommend
Bimax results seem to be mainly dependant on the patient’s base

Jfl, I dont want the "help" of an edgy teen. I've posted my pics before, and with a genio morph, which users said looked good
yeah jfl that user is a fucking retard. Personally I did opt the bimax route but it’s a fucking pain i have to wear braces for a year and then recovery is gonna take months:feelsrope:. The only positive is that i won’t be able to afford it until a few more months anyways.

• +1
Reactions: optimisticzoomer
Genioplasty is just bimax but cheaper and less dangerous

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: normie_joe and optimisticzoomer
@RoyaleWithCheese did you consider bimax/speak with any surgeons about it before genio? And did u get downward movement to counteract fold?
I did, if you search for my old thread you’ll see i was supposed to get bimax but there were some dental issues that got in the way. Ended up being 95% happy with the result in the end. Only problem is my lower lip and the area just under the lip is still recessed. It’s not that big of a deal tho. I’m much MUCH happier since i got that surgery. Strongly suggest that people who are recessed make fixing that their number one priority in life.

• +1
I did, if you search for my old thread you’ll see i was supposed to get bimax but there were some dental issues that got in the way. Ended up being 95% happy with the result in the end. Only problem is my lower lip and the area just under the lip is still recessed. It’s not that big of a deal tho. I’m much MUCH happier since i got that surgery. Strongly suggest that people who are recessed make fixing that their number one priority in life.
So do you have a labiomental fold?

@optimisticzoomer , If you care solely about visual results and are willing to take the time and undergo the orthodonshits, painful recovery, and high price, then bimax can offer a fuller + more balanced result.

Still, guys on here obsess over bimax and genio remains underrated in what it can do.

• +1
So do you have a labiomental fold?
Somewhat, but my surgeon did a really good job of making it seem like he advanced my entire mandible. This may be due to the fact that I also got gonial angle implants in the same surgery, so it harmonized nicely. A more prominent chin doesn’t look bad if it’s on a big jaw, if that makes sense.

• +1
Searched your name and I got one talking about you getting LL and filler with fat grafting. Can you link that post or dm?

This other guy only seemed to look at my picture tho and not my scan, whereas ramieri based it on my scan rather than pictures.

That's not a good sign from that other surgeon. Even my surgeon looked at the cephalo first before coming up with a plan.

There's no reason why Ramieri would steer you away from a bimax outside of you simply not needing it. He gets more money from you from a business POV, so logically it makes no sense.

Remember Ramieri's Instagram is filled with jaw surgery results, so the man advertises jaw surgery. If the man that advertises jaw surgery tells you that you don't need it, I would take that seriously.

Get a different opinion, but I would place heavy weight on Ramieri's opinion.

• +1
Over. I consulted ramieri a month ago for bimax and he told me I shouldn't get bimax, and just get genio (6-8 mm)

Now I just consulted a different surgeon for genio and he told me I should get bimax, and genio results will be limited (no more than 6 mm).

Conflicting info, and I'd gone off the idea of bimax since the ramieri consult. Atp I cba/don't care enough to go through bimax though, so will probably just get genio for now at least. I'll probably consult another maxillofacial surgeon and see what they say though
:feelsohgod:
Who's the other surgeon ? I would trust ramiero

I'm a major chincel, so just hoping I don't end up with a mentolabial fold. Downward movement can help prevent that tho. Yeah bimax comes with issues like wider nostrils, worsened ogee curve, and obviously cost and recovery (+ braces and the time this takes). Imo bimax should only be considered if u have the mouth breather look

Any surgeon worth a dime will use grafts to even out the mentolabial fold.

Screenshot 20240802 122657 DuckDuckGo

• +1
Genioplasty is just bimax but cheaper and less dangerous

No it's not. Genio is almost always cosmetic and equires little planning. Bimax is functional and requires extensive planning.

I would be ecstatic if I can get away with a genio only, but alas, I can't.

No it's not. Genio is almost always cosmetic and equires little planning. Bimax is functional and requires extensive planning.

I would be ecstatic if I can get away with a genio only, but alas, I can't.
I didn't mean that it's exactly like bimax

That's not a good sign from that other surgeon. Even my surgeon looked at the cephalo first before coming up with a plan.

There's no reason why Ramieri would steer you away from a bimax outside of you simply not needing it. He gets more money from you from a business POV, so logically it makes no sense.

Remember Ramieri's Instagram is filled with jaw surgery results, so the man advertises jaw surgery. If the man that advertises jaw surgery tells you that you don't need it, I would take that seriously.

Get a different opinion, but I would place heavy weight on Ramieri's opinion.
It's surprising though, cos I do look like a birdcel, especially from 3/4 profile.

I think ramieri bases it off Frankfurt plane, and by that measurement I shouldn't be too bad, other than the chin. Maybe it's simply the combination of my large dorsal hump and nose, and small chin. Sometimes I think I look reasonably fine, whereas other times I'm like "I need a 3 inch lefort!":feelsmega:

• +1
Reactions: normie_joe and murdah