A Guide To Taking Furosemide : The Hollow Cheek Pill

pneumocystosis

pneumocystosis

the rich get ozempic, the poor get body positivity
Contributor
This is a more or less comprehensive guide on how to use furosemide (Lasix).

I am genuinely so happy it's gotten popular in recent months, but I also feel like it's my job to make sure you are taking it safely and EFFECTIVELY.

I see a lot of misinformation being spread on here, so I hope to make a guide you guys can refer to when taking it.

I have made a billion threads on furosemide already, but since there has been a lot more interest in it recently, here's another one.

Great, so you've got your hands on furosemide. What next?

Furosemide will debloat extremely quickly, within 2 hours generally. This is ideal if you want to take it before clubbing or an event where you need to look good.

I suggest that you plan ahead. By this I mean that you should avoid high-sodium foods before taking furosemide. I also advise not drinking too much water.

I beg everyone to stop throwing around "3L of water a day bro":incel:, "drink a lot of water before furosemide because u will dehydrate bro":incel:.
Furosemide RIDS your body of water. Why the hell would you do the opposite of what you're taking it for?
More on this later.

Before taking and while taking furosemide, drink little water. Drink enough to not be dehydrated and have a dry tongue :aheago:, but that's it.
Take a sip of water or two and swirl it in your mouth before swallowing, when you're thirsty.

Dosage and Insights

Most of you will have 40mg pills, so I either recommend you take 2 or 3 (80-120mg). A lot of you agree that 80mg is enough for visible results, but I prefer 120mg when I'm bloated.

I like to refer to 1.5 times mybody weight in kilograms. I'm 68 kg so I should take 68 * 1.5 = 102mg ideally.

For Imperial system, do: body weight in lbs * 0.69 to find your "optimal" dose.

I take a 100mg pill when I want to debloat.

Taking slightly below or slightly above the recommended amount won't change much.

Take the pill(s) with a sip of water and avoid eating for a few hours after, especially anything with salt. refueling with potassium-rich food is good.
I make eggs and sprinkle them with a potassium-chloride salt alternative (FitSalt, NoSalt, Nu-Salt, Lo-Salt (the latter still has 33% sodium chloride)).

most repped post on the forum btw ^^

Furosemide rids your body of all types of electrolytes as a by-product of eliminating water. More on this later.

For the next 2-3 hours, make sure you can access a toilet. The urinating may be near-incessant, depending on your dose.

After a few hours you may feel weak and have joint pain. Maybe even a headache. Don't worry, you're just electrolyte depleted.

This generally occurs after quite some time, so your event is probably over.

Its Over Basketball GIF by NBA

Now that you got your slay, make sure to rehydrate. Electrolyte drinks or powders a great. It is important to not drink too much water, since you could trigger a rebound effect and be bloated.

But for that to happen, you would have to drink A LOT of water (> a few L). you shouldn't have to worry :feelsyay:. It has never happened to me.

Signs you may have taken too much furosemide:

• zombie tier eye-area. Your eyes look sunken and you have UEE. you have no water in your eye area.
  • cramps in fingers and toes. It is not uncommon to get leg cramps, but cramps in your fingers and toes means you overdid it, by a lot.
  • joint pain.
  • feeling of weakness.

Alcohol

This deserves a section to itself.

Can you take furosemide and drink alcohol at the same time? yes.
Do doctors recommend it? no.
Do i do it? yes.
Do I advise against it? no, if you're above 70 IQ.

You've quite likely heard of "alcohol bloat", but you also heard "alcohol is a diuretic", so how does this all make sense?

Well "alcohol bloat" is caused by alcohol's inherent vasodilation properties, and inflammation. These effects are temporary, but make your face all puffy, unfortunately.
Yes inb4 "sauna is a vasodilator and sauna is used to debloat, so you must be wrong". Shut your dumbass up :feelsree:, if you say this you've never stepped foot in a sauna. While in the sauna and for upto a few hours after, your face will seem puffy because of vasodilation. the "debloat" comes afterwards, when the vasodilation subsides.

Alcohol is a diuretic, because the ethanol in alcohol inhibits the Anti Diuretic Hormone and thus water reabsorption decreases (in people with healthy kidneys).

So when you drink alcohol after administrating furosemide, you should expect your face to bloat (slightly less than without furosemide) for a bit, but then for the bloating to subside a few hours after you stop drinking.

When pairing furosemide with alcohol, you're taking 2 diuretics at the same time, so expect worsened side effects!

However, a study found that furosemide may be neuroprotective against alcohol-dependant cerebro-cortical (cerebral cortex) damage.

It was a rat and also an in vitro study, but it found that the damage decreased by 75-85%, when the rats were administrated with 5g/kg of alcohol, which is a human equivalent of 0.81g/kg, i.e. 4 shots of vodka for a 70kg man.
Pretty OP if you ask me. This works because the scientists figured that the brain damage was due to the edema and swelling caused by alcohol within the brain, and furosemide stops this.

So taking furosemide before drinking alcohol could be great if you are a regular alcohol consumer.

Eye Area

My eye area is extremely fucked :feelsgiga: the morning after taking >=160mg furosemide. With proper hydration, it is fixed within a day.

If you're taking more than 1.25mg/kg (0.57mg/lbs) your eye area is likely gonna get cucked, from experience.
Some people have it worse than others, obviously. :feelsez:

My solution to avoiding a hollow eye area is pretty straightforward. Just moisturise bro.
Eye-moisturisers
are known to be better at hydrating the skin around the eye, but don't bother spending the extra $$ for a smaller tube. If you have money to splurge and you do buy one, ensure it has no caffeine.

BTW, way too many of you use caffeine serums / creams on your eye area. That shit does the complete opposite of what you want it to do, most times. Please DYOR before following to people's advice blindly.
Anyway, that's for another thread.

I moisturise my eye area a lot before taking furosemide. Once in the morning, and once more before I leave the house.
The moisturising process consists of applying a Hyaluronic Acid serum under my eyes, and then applying a heavyweight moisturiser on top. Any "ultra hydrating" moisturiser should do the trick, or a moisturiser targeted towards "dry skin" with more occlusive and emollient ingredients.

Of course, your eye area is still going to take a hit. This is the only reason why I'd recommend 80mg if you're not considerably "bloated" at the time of administration.

Potassium-sparing diuretics

With a bit of research:feelsmage:, you're probably going to come across potassium-sparing diuretics.
Are they better? in some ways.
Do they debloat more? no.
Are they more expensive? yes, often 1.5-2 times more expensive, for an equivalent dose.

Quick comparison:

CharacteristicFurosemidePotassium-Sparing Diuretics
Site of ActionHenle LoopDistal convoluted tubule and collecting ducts
Mechanism of ActionInhibits NaKCl - cotransporter, increasing excretion of sodium, chloride, and waterblocks aldosterone; Sodium channel blockers inhibit sodium channels
Electrolyte EffectIncreases excretion of potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium, and magnesiumReduces potassium excretion, increases sodium excretion (less than loop diuretics tho)
Clinical Usestreats conditions with a lot of fluid retention (e.g., heart failure, liver cirrhosis)used to prevent hypokalemia, often in combination with other diuretics; treats heart failure, hyperaldosteronism, hypertension
Side EffectsHypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia, ototoxicity, dehydration, electrolyte imbalanceHyperkalemia, gynecomastia (often from spironolactone), other hormonal effects
Combination TherapyOften used aloneCommonly used in combination with other diuretics

Potassium-sparing diuretics are anti-androgenic, and furosemide may be ototoxic, so take them mindfully.

This may surprise you, but I am not a medical professional, so DYOR before trying anything.

Where to cop?

Furosemide is extremely cheap to make, so the odds of buying fake furosemide are slim to none. Many steroid e-shops or online pharmacies will have them in stock, but if you are looking for something cheap, go on marketplaces like IndiaMart or TradeIndia to find some. You'll be harassed on Whatsapp by Indian dropshippers, but at least you will be able to negotiate :feelsgah:.
IndiaMart and TradeIndia are good for all sorts of substances. I ordered armodafinil and pregabalin from sellers on those marketplaces, and both times eveything went smoothly. Just don't forget to block the sellers after receiving your parcel jfl :feelskek:.

Results

Here is an extreme difference. This is an example of when I abused furosemide by taking 200mg. I looked awful!
Keep in mind however, I don't look like this when on 100mg. Also, this was 16 hours after administration, with no food and little to drink (water-only).

I usually look like this when I allow myself 2 days to debloat, through "natural" methods:

So think twice before popping this stuff like candy.

Alright, hope this is usefeul. Please ask any questions you have regarding furosemide in this thread. I don't like seeing the forum polluted with "how much furosemide do i take guys?":incel: questions.
Bookmark this thread for future reference.

Title: "Mastering Furosemide: A Comprehensive Guide"

Introduction:
The guide aims to provide accurate information on the safe and effective use of furosemide, addressing common misconceptions and offering practical advice for optimal results.

Dosage and Administration:

• Recommended dosage: Most commonly available in 40mg pills; suggested doses range from 80mg to 120mg based on individual weight.
  • Take with a small amount of water and avoid salty foods post-administration.
  • Refuel with potassium-rich foods to counter electrolyte loss.
Effects and Management:

• Expect rapid debloating within 2 hours.
  • Plan ahead by avoiding high-sodium foods and excessive water intake.
  • Be prepared for frequent urination for the next 2-3 hours.
  • Aftereffects may include weakness, joint pain, and electrolyte depletion; rehydration with electrolyte drinks is crucial.
Signs of Overuse:

• Symptoms include sunken eyes, cramps, joint pain, and weakness.
  • Avoid exceeding 1.25mg/kg of body weight to prevent severe side effects.
Alcohol Interaction:

• Furosemide and alcohol can be consumed together, but expect exacerbated side effects.
  • Alcohol's vasodilation properties may temporarily counteract furosemide's effects on bloating.
Eye Area Care:

• Moisturize the eye area before and during furosemide administration to minimize puffiness.
Potassium-Sparing Diuretics:

• Offer some benefits but are generally more expensive and may have different side effects compared to furosemide.
Results:

• Extreme differences in appearance based on dosage and debloating methods.
  • Proper hydration and dietary considerations play a significant role in achieving desired outcomes.
Conclusion: Always conduct thorough research and consult with a healthcare professional before using furosemide or making any significant changes to your regimen.

For educational purposes only!

- a verified pneumo :feelsez:

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: socialcel, pentamogged9000, milkcuck and 58 others
Come to org after some time

First thing u see is a guide by pneumo

Thank the lord

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: pentamogged9000, greywind, maximuslaid and 3 others
good thread

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: greywind, deepfuckingvalue and pneumocystosis

View attachment 2974015 View attachment 2974018

I am genuinely so happy it's gotten popular in recent months, but I also feel like it's my job to make sure you are taking it safely and EFFECTIVELY.

I see a lot of misinformation being spread on here, so I hope to make a guide you guys can refer to when taking it.

I have made a billion threads on furosemide already, but since there has been a lot more interest in it recently, here's another one.

Furosemide will debloat extremely quickly, within 2 hours generally. This is ideal if you want to take it before clubbing or an event where you need to look good.

I suggest that you plan ahead. By this I mean that you should avoid high-sodium foods before taking furosemide. I also advise not drinking too much water.

I beg everyone to stop throwing around "3L of water a day bro":incel:, "drink a lot of water before furosemide because u will dehydrate bro":incel:.
Furosemide RIDS your body of water. Why the hell would you do the opposite of what you're taking it for?
More on this later.

Before taking and while taking furosemide, drink little water. Drink enough to not be dehydrated and have a dry tongue :aheago:, but that's it.
Take a sip of water or two and swirl it in your mouth before swallowing, when you're thirsty.

Dosage and Insights

Most of you will have 40mg pills, so I either recommend you take 2 or 3 (80-120mg). A lot of you agree that 80mg is enough for visible results, but I prefer 120mg when I'm bloated.

I like to refer to 1.5 times mybody weight in kilograms. I'm 68 kg so I should take 68 * 1.5 = 102mg ideally.

Taking slightly below or slightly above the recommended amount won't change much.

Take the pill(s) with a sip of water and avoid eating for a few hours after, especially anything with salt. refueling with potassium-rich food is good.
I make eggs and sprinkle them with a potassium-chloride salt alternative (FitSalt, NoSalt, Nu-Salt, Lo-Salt (the latter still has 33% sodium chloride)).

View attachment 2974038

Furosemide rids your body of all types of electrolytes as a by-product of eliminating water. More on this later.

For the next 2-3 hours, make sure you can access a toilet. The urinating may be near-incessant, depending on your dose.

After a few hours you may feel weak and have joint pain. Maybe even a headache. Don't worry, you're just electrolyte depleted.

Now that you got your slay, make sure to rehydrate. Electrolyte drinks or powders a great. It is important to not drink too much water, since you could trigger a rebound effect and be bloated.

But for that to happen, you would have to drink A LOT of water (> a few L). you shouldn't have to worry :feelsyay:. It has never happened to me.

• zombie tier eye-area. Your eyes look sunken and you have UEE. you have no water in your eye area.
  • cramps in fingers and toes. It is not uncommon to get leg cramps, but cramps in your fingers and toes means you overdid it, by a lot.
  • joint pain.
  • feeling of weakness.

Alcohol

Do i do it? yes.

You've quite likely heard of "alcohol bloat", but you also heard "alcohol is a diuretic", so how does this all make sense?

Well "alcohol bloat" is caused by alcohol's inherent vasodilation properties, and inflammation. These effects are temporary, but make your face all puffy, unfortunately.
Yes inb4 "sauna is a vasodilator and sauna is used to debloat, so you must be wrong". Shut your dumbass up :feelsree:, if you say this you've never stepped foot in a sauna. While in the sauna and for upto a few hours after, your face will seem puffy because of vasodilation. the "debloat" comes afterwards, when the vasodilation subsides.

Alcohol is a diuretic, because the ethanol in alcohol inhibits the Anti Diuretic Hormone and thus water reabsorption decreases (in people with healthy kidneys).

So when you drink alcohol after administrating furosemide, you should expect your face to bloat (slightly less than without furosemide) for a bit, but then for the bloating to subside a few hours after you stop drinking.

When pairing furosemide with alcohol, you're taking 2 diuretics at the same time, so expect worsened side effects!

However, a study found that furosemide may be neuroprotective against alcohol-dependant cerebro-cortical (cerebral cortex) damage.

It was a rat and also an in vitro study, but it found that the damage decreased by 75-85%, when the rats were administrated with 5g/kg of alcohol, which is a human equivalent of 0.81g/kg, i.e. 4 shots of vodka for a 70kg man.
Pretty OP if you ask me. This works because the scientists figured that the brain damage was due to the edema and swelling caused by alcohol within the brain, and furosemide stops this.

So taking furosemide before drinking alcohol could be great if you are a regular alcohol consumer.

Eye Area

My eye area is extremely fucked :feelsgiga: the morning after taking >=160mg furosemide. With proper hydration, it is fixed within a day.

If you're taking more than 1.25mg/kg (0.57mg/lbs) your eye area is likely gonna get cucked, from experience.

My solution to avoiding a hollow eye area is pretty straightforward. Just moisturise bro.
Eye-moisturisers
are known to be better at hydrating the skin around the eye, but don't bother spending the extra $$ for a smaller tube. If you have money to splurge and you do buy one, ensure it has no caffeine.

BTW, way too many of you use caffeine serums / creams on your eye area. That shit does the complete opposite of what you want it to do, most times. Please DYOR before following to people's advice blindly.

I moisturise my eye area a lot before taking furosemide. Once in the morning, and once more before I leave the house.
The moisturising process consists of applying a Hyaluronic Acid serum under my eyes, and then applying a heavyweight moisturiser on top. Any "ultra hydrating" moisturiser should do the trick, or a moisturiser targeted towards "dry skin" with more occlusive and emollient ingredients.

Of course, your eye area is still going to take a hit. This is the only reason why I'd recommend 80mg if you're not considerably "bloated" at the time of administration.

With a bit of research:feelsmage:, you're probably going to come across potassium-sparing diuretics.
Are they more expensive? yes, often 1.5-2 times more expensive, for an equivalent dose.

Quick comparison:

Mechanism of ActionInhibits NaKCl - cotransporter, increasing excretion of sodium, chloride, and waterblocks aldosterone; Sodium channel blockers inhibit sodium channels
Electrolyte EffectIncreases excretion of potassium, sodium, chloride, calcium, and magnesiumReduces potassium excretion, increases sodium excretion (less than loop diuretics tho)
Clinical Usestreats conditions with a lot of fluid retention (e.g., heart failure, liver cirrhosis)used to prevent hypokalemia, often in combination with other diuretics; treats heart failure, hyperaldosteronism, hypertension
Side EffectsHypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, hypocalcemia, ototoxicity, dehydration, electrolyte imbalanceHyperkalemia, gynecomastia (often from spironolactone), other hormonal effects
Combination TherapyOften used aloneCommonly used in combination with other diuretics

Potassium-sparing diuretics are anti-androgenic, and furosemide may be ototoxic, so take them mindfully.

This may surprise you, but I am not a medical professional, so DYOR before trying anything.

Where to cop?

Furosemide is extremely cheap to make, so the odds of buying fake furosemide are slim to none. Many steroid e-shops or online pharmacies will have them in stock, but if you are looking for something cheap, go on marketplaces like IndiaMart or TradeIndia to find some. You'll be harassed on Whatsapp by Indian dropshippers, but at least you will be able to negotiate :feelsgah:.
IndiaMart and TradeIndia are good for all sorts of substances. I ordered armodafinil and pregabalin from sellers on those marketplaces, and both times eveything went smoothly. Just don't forget to block the sellers after receiving your parcel jfl :feelskek:.

Results

Here is an extreme difference. This is an example of when I abused furosemide by taking 200mg. I looked awful!
Keep in mind however, I don't look like this when on 100mg. Also, this was 16 hours after administration, with no food and little to drink (water-only).

I usually look like this when I allow myself 2 days to debloat, through "natural" methods:

Alright, hope this is usefeul. Please ask any questions you have regarding furosemide in this thread. I don't like seeing the forum polluted with "how much furosemide do i take guys?":incel: questions.

Introduction:
The guide aims to provide accurate information on the safe and effective use of furosemide, addressing common misconceptions and offering practical advice for optimal results.

• Recommended dosage: Most commonly available in 40mg pills; suggested doses range from 80mg to 120mg based on individual weight.
Effects and Management:

• Aftereffects may include weakness, joint pain, and electrolyte depletion; rehydration with electrolyte drinks is crucial.
Signs of Overuse:

Alcohol Interaction:

• Furosemide and alcohol can be consumed together, but expect exacerbated side effects.
  • Alcohol's vasodilation properties may temporarily counteract furosemide's effects on bloating.
Eye Area Care:

• Moisturize the eye area before and during furosemide administration to minimize puffiness.

• Offer some benefits but are generally more expensive and may have different side effects compared to furosemide.
Results:

• Proper hydration and dietary considerations play a significant role in achieving desired outcomes.
Conclusion: Always conduct thorough research and consult with a healthcare professional before using furosemide or making any significant changes to your regimen.

- pneumo on vacation :feelsez:

bump good thread b

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: not__cel and pneumocystosis
bookmarked

• Love it
Reactions: pneumocystosis
- a verified pneumo

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LegitUser, Clavicular, Emzi and 1 other person

More on this later.

Dosage and Insights

View attachment 2974038

• joint pain.
  • feeling of weakness.

Alcohol

Do i do it? yes.

Eye Area

Eye-moisturisers

Quick comparison:

Where to cop?

Results

Introduction:

Effects and Management:

Signs of Overuse:

Alcohol Interaction:

Eye Area Care:

Results:

- pneumo on vacation :feelsez:

meds from india:lul:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: aleksander, aestheticsrespecter and pneumocystosis
bookmarked+reped

• Love it
Idk why but my eyes look worse when bloated actually and have more uee lol. They look better when not bloated

• Woah
9th hahahaha, give me reps niggers i need them

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: aestheticsrespecter, pneumocystosis and silencio
  • JFL
Reactions: Jam3s and pneumocystosis
Pneumonwhats ur bp size measured from the top and the girth?

• JFL
Reactions: LegitUser and Emzi
:love:

• Love it
so sigma skibidi :love:

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Zukiteru and pneumocystosis
ordering furosemide from the slums of mumbai

• JFL
bro came back with an ig verification mark and a banger thread, good to have you back bhai

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: kiyopon, LegitUser, Clavicular and 1 other person
Great thread (y)

• Love it
bumpy head nigger

• So Sad
bookmarked

• Love it
what is the meaning of pneumocystosis?

Last edited:
  • JFL
currently screensharing this thread to my friends on discord

• Love it

More on this later.

Dosage and Insights

View attachment 2974038

• joint pain.
  • feeling of weakness.

Alcohol

Do i do it? yes.

Eye Area

Eye-moisturisers

Quick comparison:

Where to cop?

Results

Introduction:

Effects and Management:

Signs of Overuse:

Alcohol Interaction:

Eye Area Care:

Results:

- a verified pneumo :feelsez:

keep doing gods work bhai

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Jam3s and pneumocystosis
Baseball Dons GIF by Purdue Fort Wayne Athletics

me reading this post n shi

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Jonas2k7, Jam3s, pneumocystosis and 2 others
Sounds haram

• Woah
Furosemide is miracle, good thread.

• Love it
good thread

is the pill able to be crushed?

• +1
Is it better than Eplerenone

• Hmm...
the incredibles superhero GIF by Disney Pixar

Ok so you have time to write an entire guide but not a simple react on my comment of adoration on your profile..

• JFL
Reactions: not.curry
can you get diarrhea from this? , awesome thread!

• +1
Have you ever used losartan?

• +1
What’s better IndiaMART or the other one in ur experience ?

• +1
Enjoyed reading this

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: T50gandycel, Jam3s, aestheticsrespecter and 1 other person
can you get diarrhea from this? , awesome thread!
nope!
What’s better IndiaMART or the other one in ur experience ?
indiaMART is slightly better IMO since it’s easier for people with small orders (no need for bulk)
Have you ever used losartan?
never!
good thread

is the pill able to be crushed?
Yes!
what is the meaning of pneumocystosis?
my grandma died from pneumocystosis 😿

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga, Emzi and N1666
how much did u pay on indiaMART including delivery ?
i ordered it for the first time on an online pharmacy, had to pay 25$ for delivery fee

This guy listens to phonk. What are your thoughts on sugary foods, for it's effect on the body function and looks overall, Mr. Pychadoras?

does the flushed out calcium and potassium stunts height growth?

• Hmm...
crazy how your zygos are not even the best and how much being completely debloated can make u look like you have mogger zygos insane gotta start debloating goat thread

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga
MOGGED

• Love it
Somebody wants lifetime VIP.

• Woah
Mirin the thread effort

• Love it
If I’m above 16% bf should I take >150mg to debloat further?