Abs are not made in the kitchen, they should be trained like any other muscle

D

Deleted member 88653

OG user

Since taking this advice seriously a month ago, I started training my abs with 3 sets of sit-ups to failure with my own bodyweight twice a week and in that short of a time, they have become a bit thicker. When I started lifting I was 138 lbs at 8-9% body fat at 6'4" with no abs whatsoever, and now when I look in the mirror I can see the full six pack in good lighting. Truth is the abs are like any other muscle, if you don't train them, they will forever be small and they won't show.

If you do train them, they will show even at higher levels of body fat, you can be 15-20% body fat and still have abs if you get them thick enough. The difference it makes in terms of aesthetics is huge, and guys on here assume all the time whether someone is lean based on their abs but truth is, it depends how thick they are. Untrained abs are either never visible or in the case of people with good ab genetics, they can show at low levels of body fat (that was not the case for me but training them fixed the issue).

And sit-ups are easy to do at home, just put your feet under your bed frame, and your knees at a perfectly perpendicular angle to the floor (90 degrees), and then perform each rep with your hands behind your head, until you can't anymore, then put your hands in front of you to go beyond failure. Repeat for 3 sets, 2-3 times per week, and watch as your abs start to show more and more.

• +1
Reactions: galvin8101, Sub5kang, isis_Bleach and 1 other person
water that its both

Water and dnr

• +1
Reactions: Rzn
i dont train abs specifically but i can see full 6 packs in the mirror (i do muay thai not gym) most people with abs don't specifically train it either so it doesnt matter

• +1
Reactions: Elijah_leo and ezio6
doesnt work, if your compound strength lifts are weak , your abs strength progressive overload will be limited,
minimum strength is
2 plate bench press
3 plate squat
4 plate deadlift

• JFL
Reactions: MagaPutinism
doesnt work, if your compound strength lifts are weak , your abs strength progressive overload will be limited,
minimum strength is
2 plate bench press
3 plate squat
4 plate deadlift
Brainwashed powerbuilder detected!

Abs don't grow from the valsalva maneuver, I mean I had been doing it for years and had gotten to a 275 lb deadlift for 12 reps and still my abs weren't more visible than when I was only deadlifting 95 lbs for 5 reps.

But I've been doing bodyweight sit ups to failure for a month and my abs are much more visible now, I can see the full six pack and I increased from 8 bodyweight sit-ups to 14, and this is with perfect form with my hands behind my head.

I do them 3 times per week for 3 sets to failure and I've been getting great progress with them, and they are supersetted with neck curls, so it doesn't take much time to do them.

Truth is, if you can train abs to failure 3 times per week for 3-4 sets each workout, and do that for a year, you'll have a visible six pack even at a higher body fat percentage between 15-20% body fat, regardless of which other exercises you do. I mean, you could take someone who doesn't go to the gym, get them strong at sit ups and they would have abs, as long as they're not overweight.

I used to think Asta from the anime Black Clover was an exaggerated character, that sit-ups did nothing for abs but actually it does make a difference, except that doing more than 30 reps is completely pointless and you're better off adding reps. The ideal rep range for muscle growth has been proven to be between 6 and 30 reps.

Compound lifts = strengthen TVA
Direct Ab work = strengthen rectus abdominis
Getting lean = shows them to world

It’s really that simple.

-Also train directly train serratus anterior, spinal erectors and obliques (maybe not if your widehip cel)

• +1
Reactions: R@m@
Compound lifts = strengthen TVA
Direct Ab work = strengthen rectus abdominis
Getting lean = shows them to world

It’s really that simple.

-Also train directly train serratus anterior, spinal erectors and obliques (maybe not if your widehip cel)
I disagree. I did squats and deadlifts for years, got decently strong at them, still had no abs. Did sit-ups 3 times per week for 3 sets to failure and in just under 2 months, I now have a visible six pack that is becoming thicker and thicker.

Sit-ups are really the way to go. I'm at around 15% body fat and usually, if your abs are thick, they should be very visible at 15%.

I disagree. I did squats and deadlifts for years, got decently strong at them, still had no abs. Did sit-ups 3 times per week for 3 sets to failure and in just under 2 months, I now have a visible six pack that is becoming thicker and thicker.

Sit-ups are really the way to go. I'm at around 15% body fat and usually, if your abs are thick, they should be very visible at 15%.
Did you actually read what I wrote?

The TVA is a deeper core muscle, underneath your visible abs. It’s for stabilization in most movements.

I never said that compounds train your visible abs, only the TVA muscle.

Also, if your abs are visible at 15% they would be even more noticeable at 12%, 10% etc. You can’t refute that.

You should work on your brain more and focus less on your abs.

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpeg
    IMG_1675.jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 0
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 88653
Did you actually read what I wrote?

The TVA is a deeper core muscle, underneath your visible abs. It’s for stabilization in most movements.

I never said that compounds train your visible abs, only the TVA muscle.

Also, if your abs are visible at 15% they would be even more noticeable at 12%, 10% etc. You can’t refute that.

You should work on your brain more and focus less on your abs.
:geek::geek::geek:

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop
water i never trained abs in my life, if you dont have abs you are just fat pig

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    791.9 KB · Views: 0

Deadlifts build abs both tranversus and rectus abdominis, at the top portion of the lift you do a posterior tilt wich engages the abs a lot

Squats work the tranversus but not rectus

• +1
Reactions: BrickTop

Since taking this advice seriously a month ago, I started training my abs with 3 sets of sit-ups to failure with my own bodyweight twice a week and in that short of a time, they have become a bit thicker. When I started lifting I was 138 lbs at 8-9% body fat at 6'4" with no abs whatsoever, and now when I look in the mirror I can see the full six pack in good lighting. Truth is the abs are like any other muscle, if you don't train them, they will forever be small and they won't show.

If you do train them, they will show even at higher levels of body fat, you can be 15-20% body fat and still have abs if you get them thick enough. The difference it makes in terms of aesthetics is huge, and guys on here assume all the time whether someone is lean based on their abs but truth is, it depends how thick they are. Untrained abs are either never visible or in the case of people with good ab genetics, they can show at low levels of body fat (that was not the case for me but training them fixed the issue).

And sit-ups are easy to do at home, just put your feet under your bed frame, and your knees at a perfectly perpendicular angle to the floor (90 degrees), and then perform each rep with your hands behind your head, until you can't anymore, then put your hands in front of you to go beyond failure. Repeat for 3 sets, 2-3 times per week, and watch as your abs start to show more and more.

based videos ngl