Accutane and side-effects

G

Groznaya

Iron
So I hopped on Accutane with the hope to finally get rid of my teenage acne, I am in my early 20s, and everything was fine when I started. Still, then all went to shit; blood tests showed elevated liver enzymes, and the doc said he could not continue the treatment. Now I am left with nothing I literally tried every antibiotic, cream, or natural treatments. I even went vegan, and it did shit. Is there anything I can do to save my face from scarring and deteriorating? Anyone else who had the same problem?

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: jake_okok, Deleted member 1751 and johncruz12345
high doses of vit b3 can help with the acne
try in clinic procedures for the scarring

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912 and Groznaya
high doses of vit b3 can help with the acne
try in clinic procedures for the scarring
What is considered a high dose? I have tried megadosing Zinc, Omega 3 and vit D3, maybe I got one fewer whitehead during the supplementation. All scam at the end of the day, Accutane was working good, just fucking up my liver ffs. I never drank or anything either.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
What is considered a high dose? I have tried megadosing Zinc, Omega 3 and vit D3, maybe I got one fewer whitehead during the supplementation. All scam at the end of the day, Accutane was working good, just fucking up my liver ffs. I never drank or anything either.
im not sure tbh
@buckchadley31 link your thread on b3 I couldn't find it

• Hmm...
Reactions: buckchadley31
Try cutting all dairy, it works wonders for some people.
Have you tried any other treatments? benzoyl peroxide?

• +1
Reactions: Groznaya
Try cutting all dairy, it works wonders for some people.
Have you tried any other treatments? benzoyl peroxide?
Yes, I already cut out dairy completely. I have tried Differin, Benzoyl peroxide 5%/10%, and Clindamycin with and without an antibiotic (antibiotics were tetracyclin and doxycyclin) think I developed a tolerance against those meds and they do not work anymore.

Damn it's a shame you had to stop accutane. How bad is your acne? Where is it located?
Did your dermatologist tell you anything else you could try?

Did u get ur blood test fasted?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6272
Damn it's a shame you had to stop accutane. How bad is your acne? Where is it located?
It is located on my back and cheeks mostly, well it is pretty bad all things considered. I have a minimum of 8 pimples a day. It can get to 25+ on bad days.

He told me to hop on antibiotics again, but it is a temporary fix, actually makes my acne worse once I am off them.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
It is located on my back and cheeks mostly, well it is pretty bad all things considered. I have a minimum of 8 pimples a day. It can get to 25+ on bad days.
Try going to a different dermatologist. They may attempt to micro-dose accutane or go for a different method altogether.

I had no food, just a glass of water before my blood test.
Try to get ur enzymes down.. accutane is worth it if u tried everything else

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6272
You tagged the wrong person, i guess...
fuck I did you both have homer simpson avis

@The Bleach Pill

edit: wtf hes banned?

OP just do reaserch into acne and mega dosing vit b3, sorry I dont know more

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Fear, buckchadley31 and Deleted member 5912
DO THIS!: (BTW ignore his beta voice mannerism lol) But this is the GOAT beside Accutane or perhaps one could say even better than Accutane. This is a system developed by Dan Kern (the man in the video). Most people get 99-100 % percent clear from following this system. Now, I would recommend that you do the "upgraded" version of this system which I am going to tell you about when you have watched the video here:

...The upgraded system is basically doing steps 1 and 2 but then waiting around 10-30 minutes for the Benzoyl peroxide to dry (dries faster in a cool climate). Now, when it has dried you wash your face/areas which have acne with lukewarm/coldish water only (no soap). And then you do step 3 (Which is basically just moisturizing your face). The thought here is that benzoyl peroxide can be very irritating for many people if it's left on (especially when people have only been doing using it for a little time) so by only having it on for around 10-30 minutes the benzoyl peroxide basically has the same effect without over irritating and over-drying your skin over the day. This is quite the skin routine to do every day, twice a day but most likely this will make you 100% clear. If you are not 100% clear from this then doing intermittent fasting can help even further. Now let's say you have been doing this for a few months and are 99-100% clear. Remember especially on the face to be very gentle when sliding the benzoyl peroxide on the skin. Also; I recommend keeping the Benzoyl peroxide in your fridge to avoid it getting less effective (too much heat can make it less effective). Also just watch acne.org videos on youtube and go to acne.org etc. The key here is to do it twice a day around 12 hours apart. It's a system that has a huge success rate. GL.

You only really need the benzoyl peroxide from acne.org. You can buy your own cleanser and your own moisturizer which suits your skin. The keys are basically: doing it twice a day and making sure that when putting the benzoyl peroxide on the skin that the skin is clean and dry. If you have tried benzoyl peroxide before then you probably have only done it once a day, right? Again the key is doing it twice a day. Now, when you have been doing this for a very long time then if you skip doing it here and there (for example one day only do it in the evening so that there would be 24 hours since the last time you did it) then it's shouldn't be a big deal. It's only if you start skipping a lot of session that the acne slowly starts creeping up again... This system of course has the downside that you are depended on a product and if you stop the system the acne slowly comes back.

Last edited:
  • +1
DO THIS!: (BTW ignore his beta voice mannerism lol) But this is the GOAT beside Accutane or perhaps one could say even better than Accutane. This is a system developed by Dan Kern (the man in the video). Most people get 99-100 % percent clear from following this system. Now, I would recommend that you do the "upgraded" version of this system which I am going to tell you about when you have watched the video here:

...The upgraded system is basically doing steps 1 and 2 but then waiting around 10-30 minutes for the Benzoyl peroxide to dry (dries faster in a cool climate). Now, when it has dried you wash your face/areas which have acne with lukewarm/coldish water only (no soap). And then you do step 3 (Which is basically just moisturizing your face). The thought here is that benzoyl peroxide can be very irritating for many people if it's left on (especially when people have only been doing using it for a little time) so by only having it on for around 10-30 minutes the benzoyl peroxide basically has the same effect without over irritating and over-drying your skin over the day. This is quite the skin routine to do every day, twice a day but most likely this will make you 100% clear. If you are not 100% clear from this then doing intermittent fasting can help even further. Now let's say you have been doing this for a few months and are 99-100% clear. Remember especially on the face to be very gentle when sliding the benzoyl peroxide on the skin. Also; I recommend keeping the Benzoyl peroxide in your fridge to avoid it getting less effective (too much heat can make it less effective). Also just watch acne.org videos on youtube and go to acne.org etc. The key here is to do it twice a day around 12 hours apart. It's a system that has a huge success rate. GL.

You only really need the benzoyl peroxide from acne.org. You can buy your own cleanser and your own moisturizer which suits your skin. The keys are basically: doing it twice a day and making sure that when putting the benzoyl peroxide on the skin that the skin is clean and dry. If you have tried benzoyl peroxide before then you probably have only done it once a day, right? Again the key is doing it twice a day. Now, when you have been doing this for a very long time then if you skip doing it here and there (for example one day only do it in the evening so that there would be 24 hours since the last time you did it) then it's shouldn't be a big deal. It's only if you start skipping a lot of session that the acne slowly starts creeping up again... This system of course has the downside that you are depended on a product and if you stop the system the acne slowly comes back.

Thanks for the long and detailed response, I have tried using BP in the past, but it was a medical prescription. I might try this routine again if I am not eligible for Accutane. My current method is similar. I use a very gentle CeRave cleanser, Differin, and a non-oily moisturizer. It keeps my skin from going haywire but does not help with annoying cysts. The only thing that I notice is that I get less acne on my forehead. Also I am kinda curious what is the difference between the BP from acne.org and pharma BP?

@The Bleach Pill

Will do, thanks anyway.

• +1
I'm on it now, sucks that you had to get off it..
Mine raised a little bit, then went back to normal

B2BBBC94 31DC 4A5D 9AFE 521F5CBE7DF8

• JFL
Thanks for the long and detailed response, I have tried using BP in the past, but it was a medical prescription. I might try this routine again if I am not eligible for Accutane. My current method is similar. I use a very gentle CeRave cleanser, Differin, and a non-oily moisturizer. It keeps my skin from going haywire but does not help with annoying cysts. The only thing that I notice is that I get less acne on my forehead. Also I am kinda curious what is the difference between the BP from acne.org and pharma BP?
Not necessarily much difference between pharma BP and BP from acne.org but like I said " The key here is to do it twice a day around 12 hours apart."

• +1

@The Bleach Pill

• +1
Reactions: Groznaya and Good_Little_Goy
over if you need accutane

• JFL
Reactions: GigaMogger
Why did you choose such username?

Vitamin B5 megadosed. Look up tons of videos and threads on reddit.
Pay close attention if it will not lead you to hair loss.

• +1
Vitamin B5 megadosed. Look up tons of videos and threads on reddit.
Pay close attention if it will not lead you to hair loss.

Thanks, I already ordered some

Dude I was on the lowest dose, literally had zero side-effects besides the elevated liver enzymes.
does not matter, the 1% chance of hair shedding is not worth it. I've been off accutane for 3 months and am still shedding 300+ hairs day.

does not matter, the 1% chance of hair shedding is not worth it. I've been off accutane for 3 months and am still shedding 300+ hairs day.
FML, I I RATHER BE BALD THAN HAVE TO DEAL WITH CYSTIC ACNE

FML, I I RATHER BE BALD THAN HAVE TO DEAL WITH CYSTIC ACNE
No you would not. I've been through both, terrible acne and now balding. Balding is way worse I can assure you. Especially since accutane makes you diffuse bald which is even worse than norwooding