Accutane for acne scars

gabbeascend

gabbeascend

Ascending to CL
Does accutane help with acne scars?

Can you tan if your on accutane?

Use tretinoin creme it will renew your skin. It works better for scars then accutane

• +1
Reactions: Nick.Harte and gabbeascend
Use tretinoin creme it will renew your skin. It works better for scars then accutane
Im on accutane rn (Day 5) so Im gonna take that for 3 months, my last doctor also prescribed me some tret so I have 2 big tubes at home.
After 3 months If they are still there Im going to do chemical peeling at a skin clinic

• +1
Reactions: Zeta
No it only helps with acne, that's why ı don't use it.

Takes years of dedication and even than it won't be enough to get rid of scars, it will just soften it.

I have scars myself and will get dermapen or CO2 laser.
Not any chemical peeling?

Im on accutane rn (Day 5) so Im gonna take that for 3 months, my last doctor also prescribed me some tret so I have 2 big tubes at home.
After 3 months If they are still there Im going to do chemical peeling at a skin clinic
u should use taz for scars

• +1
Reactions: N1666
Lool get ready to purge like a mother fucker. Also 3 months isn’t enough for accutane

Lool get ready to purge like a mother fucker. Also 3 months isn’t enough for accutane
Yeah ik, Im gonna get back and see what the doctors say, probably give me a higher dose. Its been purging a little bit but barely noticable

Yeah ik, Im gonna get back and see what the doctors say, probably give me a higher dose. Its been purging a little bit but barely noticable
u need atleast 6 months and preferably 9 months if u want to never get acne again for a long time

• +1
Reactions: gabbeascend
Does accutane help with acne scars?

Can you tan if your on accutane?
accutane doesn't work on scarring + you didn't specify what type of scarring you have, is it something as light as PIH or PIE (same thing but it depends on your skin colour and tone) or is it depressed acne scars which is the worst type of scarring,
but regardles of what you have if it's PIE or PIH use vitamin c azalic acid niacinamide and tret , and if it's the depressed scarring the only thing that well work is tret but don't expect much you better off get Co2 laser treatments instead and save your self sometime but still the tret well work and well be faster and faster if you up the dosage

• +1
accutane doesn't work on scarring + you didn't specify what type of scarring you have, is it something as light as PIH or PIE (same thing but it depends on your skin colour and tone) or is it depressed acne scars which is the worst type of scarring,
but regardles of what you have if it's PIE or PIH use vitamin c azalic acid niacinamide and tret , and if it's the depressed scarring the only thing that well work is tret but don't expect much you better off get Co2 laser treatments instead and save your self sometime but still the tret well work and well be faster and faster if you up the dosage
oh and chemical peels too forgot about that one

• +1
No it only helps with acne, that's why ı don't use it.

Takes years of dedication and even than it won't be enough to get rid of scars, it will just soften it.

I have scars myself and will get dermapen or CO2 laser.
use ablative erbium instead of co2. the same results for much less downtime

• +1
Reactions: ALP
alright bro thanks for letting me now, what are your thoughts on dermapen?
its okay. not as effective as laser, but it all depends on how the procedure is performed and by who

• +1
Reactions: ALP
Tretinoin creme and isotretinoin pills are not the same thing
it literally is its just a different form of practically the same medication, its like you said oral and topical minox work differently

• Hmm...
Reactions: Zeta