Acne scars solutions

Deleted member 18320

Deleted member 18320

Mogger
Acne scars are my biggest failo.

What can you do to reduce it beside surgery ? What supplements should I take or what should I be doing if my skincare routine is already on point ?

My ex gf used to tell me its not that bad, its barely noticable and that it gives me this « rugged masculine look » and some girls also said I have « great skin » but it fucks with my mental ngl.

What worked for you ? 😢

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 19294 and justbentbro
what worked for me was ldar

• JFL
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Giant Haystacks, ItsOverCel, fuckedupmanlet and 2 others
I think you can potentially use a derma stamp tool for removal of acne scars. I've been using it to reduce facial lines, with vitamin c serum, to some effectiveness. Maybe it can work for acne scars too.

• +1
Reactions: fuckedupmanlet
retin a

• +1
Tanning to mask them, retinoids for a bit of healing.
You should get the surgery though, but first sort out the acne so you don't get me ones.

Post your skin.

Retin A, laser, microneedling, thats about it

• +1
It depends on your scarring- the depth, type and age of the scars. Most important of all is determining if scars are tethered or not. If they are tethered, then all all acne scar remedies will not work and will just be a waste of money unless you get subcision first.

For some people with shallow scars which are untethered, tret on it's own along with regular exfoliation can pretty much get rid of them.

However, some dudes like me have to get proper surgical procedures done to notice any difference.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74, mvp2v1, Deleted member 19294 and 1 other person

What can you do to reduce it beside surgery ? What supplements should I take or what should I be doing if my skincare routine is already on point ?

My ex gf used to tell me its not that bad, its barely noticable and that it gives me this « rugged masculine look » and some girls also said I have « great skin » but it fucks with my mental ngl.

What worked for you ? 😢
Bump because I have incel-tier skin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729

What worked for you ? 😢
If you're poor, tretinoin, dermarolling, and at home TCA peels

If you can swing it, get laser resurfacing. Blows everything else out of the water

It depends on your scarring- the depth, type and age of the scars. Most important of all is determining if scars are tethered or not. If they are tethered, then all all acne scar remedies will not work and will just be a waste of money unless you get subcision first.

For some people with shallow scars which are untethered, tret on it's own along with regular exfoliation can pretty much get rid of them.

However, some dudes like me have to get proper surgical procedures done to notice any difference.
How do I know if scars are tethered

How do I know if scars are tethered
Most depressed and deep scars are tethered. The easiest way to check is to stretch the skin surrounding the scar (either with your fingers at either side of the scarred area or just by moving the muscles of your face - for instance, if you have scarring on your temples, frowning intensely should stretch the skin in this area). If the scar lifts and flattens out completely while you do this (so that it becomes imperceptible) then it is not tethered. If it is still prominent even when you do this, then it means that the scar is bound by fibres to the deeper dermis or even more deeply to the underlying muscles of the face in which case these bonds need to be broken with a cannula before other scar treatments like fractional laser can be effective.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness