ADHDcels GTFIH Parents insist that ADHD is fake and I’m just lazy

ManletJordanBarrett

ManletJordanBarrett

Silver
so I am making this post to see if you guys think I actually have ADHD or if I’m just a lazy fuck.

I cannot watch TV or movies without zoning out or having the urge to turn it off. I cannot read books and retain any of the information, I also find myself having to reread sentences countless times because I forget what I just read 2 seconds ago. I haven’t felt a moment of mental relaxation in my entire life, I am constantly thinking about multiple subjects and issues and cannot tune them out. I constantly have music playing in the back of my head as well as random ramblings. It takes me entire nights to do simple school assignments and I have never been able to take notes or focus in school without zoning out. I lack the ability to maintain coherent thoughts in my head. I am extremely addicted to jerking off and scrolling on my phone, and I have very bad sugar cravings.

According to my parents these are just symptoms of someone who lacks discipline so I wanna hear what you guys think, if you are diagnosed with ADHD do you share these symptoms? And if you don’t have it, are you unable relate to these symptoms? I have been taking a low dose of concerta for 2 weeks and it’s done nothing for my focus, just feels like taking an energy drink, I want a higher dose but my parents insist that the medication is working, and I need to try harder to focus.

Try thyroid and iodine first , if it doesn’t work get on ritalin

Try thyroid and iodine first , if it doesn’t work get on ritalin
I can only take whatever my parents let me take, I am 18 and stuck living with them for the foreseeable future.