Advice on calisthenics?

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Started doing pull ups, chin ups, dips. I can't do more then 2 correct pullups. Is this how it is for beginners? Will it get better?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com, maxximuss and 1 other person
Yes it will get better

• +1
Reactions: maxximuss, R@m@, Kristin and 3 others
Started doing pull ups, chin ups, dips. I can't do more then 2 correct pullups. Is this how it is for beginners? Will it get better?
Keep going

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444
Is there any training plan for calisthenics on the internet like there are for weight lifting? Im kinda clueless to what i do
I don't really do calisthenics, but I do pull ups and there's no secret to it other than keep on doing them.

• +1
Reactions: Kristin and Deleted member 7419
I don't really do calisthenics, but I do pull ups and there's no secret to it other than keep on doing them.
The (((tribe))) has closed all gyms in my place so i can't do my usual 5×5 full body thing ahh

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Deleted member 12669
Do it as long as you can't move your arms. Once it becomes too easy, proceed to weighted pullups. Similar strategies work for pushups, situps, chinups, crunches, etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7419 and TsarTsar444
The (((tribe))) has closed all gyms in my place so i can't do my usual 5×5 full body thing ahh
Try to work your way up to handstand push-ups or more difficult pushup variations to hit the shoulders/triceps harder too. It’s a decent cope if you can’t gym

• +1
Do it as long as you can't move your arms. Once it becomes too easy, proceed to weighted pullups. Similar strategies work for pushups, situps, chinups, crunches, etc.
Try to work your way up to handstand push-ups or more difficult pushup variations to hit the shoulders/triceps harder too. It’s a decent cope if you can’t gym
Can i eat at 1000 calorie deficit and build muscle?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and ItsOver.com
Muscle building on caloric deficit is hard but isn't impossible. If you eat very clean and eat at least 1.5 g protein per bodyweight in kg, you can avoid lean mass loss. I'd supplement it with whey protein, creatine, and l-carnitine since they're shown to increase lean mass in conjunction to fat loss in resistance training overweight subjects who follow low-calorie diets.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and TsarTsar444
Muscle building on caloric deficit is hard but isn't impossible. If you eat very clean and eat at least 1.5 g protein per bodyweight in kg, you can avoid lean mass loss. I'd supplement it with whey protein, creatine, and l-carnitine since they're shown to increase lean mass in conjunction to fat loss in resistance training overweight subjects who follow low-calorie diets.

Can take whey im lactose intolerant cause of my disease

• +1
  • So Sad

Also creatine causes hair loss and bloating

• +1
  • So Sad
Can take whey im lactose intolerant cause of my disease
Sorry, I don't have LI but you can buy lactase pills and pop one or two just in case. It also helps metabolism. If that doesn't work, bearing you keep caloric restriction, eat a hell lot of broccoli or other low calorie per protein foods.
Also creatine causes hair loss and bloating
Sorry, I'm Norwood 7 already. :cry: But bloating is real. Just stick with other supplements.

• +1
If you are untrained and eat enough protein, you can, but you really won't build much if at all in some cases, the biggest benefit is that you minimize muscle loss

• +1
If you are untrained and eat enough protein, you can, but you really won't build much if at all in some cases, the biggest benefit is that you minimize muscle loss
Sorry, I don't have LI but you can buy lactase pills and pop one or two just in case. It also helps metabolism. If that doesn't work, bearing you keep caloric restriction, eat a hell lot of broccoli or other low calorie per protein foods.

Sorry, I'm Norwood 7 already. :cry: But bloating is real. Just stick with other supplements.

Im too poor to afford enough food, guess I'll ldar

• +1
  • So Sad
Just do Max number of pullups in 4 series for few weeks with some rest and you gonna be good.
Do light cardio

• +1
Reactions: ItsOver.com and TsarTsar444
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • +1
what do you live on normally then?
Normally eat 2 times daily, mostly fried eggs with some whole bread in the morning, and dinner i eat what my mother prepares randomly, like rice with chicken, goulash, stuffed peppers. Sometimes snack on banana in between. Thats it

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, ItsOver.com and Deleted member 7901
i cant even do a pull up for few months when i started

• JFL
  • +1
  • +1
  • So Sad
stop calisthenics start lifting like normal man

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: R@m@ and Wallenberg
Normally eat 2 times daily, mostly fried eggs with some whole bread in the morning, and dinner i eat what my mother prepares randomly, like rice with chicken, goulash, stuffed peppers. Sometimes snack on banana in between. Thats it
bro wtf you eat healthy, your diet is almost the same as mine after I completely changed it to optimize for health

• JFL
  • So Sad
  • +1
bro wtf you eat healthy, your diet is almost the same as mine after I completely changed it to optimize for health
Well thats the norm for me jfl, fast food is expensive so i never got used to it. Living in a agricultural semi meddeteranian country also does that

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 7901
  • So Sad
  • +1
And like 500 calories, where am i going to get the rest 3000 calories? Chugging olive oil?
You don't rest your metabolism, also don't drink food
start researching about dieting, you would 100% help your patients more if you are going to be a doctor and know this info

• +1
Is there any training plan for calisthenics on the internet like there are for weight lifting? Im kinda clueless to what i do
Do you have an elastic band?
You could try to do pull ups with that for while, this is what people reccomend
either that or doing just pull downs other than your regular pullups

• +1
You don't rest your metabolism, also don't drink food with a lot food,
start researching about dieting, you would 100% help your patients more if you are going to be a doctor and know this info
I know lots about dieting, but it's useless info when im poor

• +1
  • So Sad
I know lots about dieting, but it's useless info when im poor
You said you ate eggs which are full of protein, also when refeeding you don't cough olive oil, you eat a lot of carbs

• +1
What? You didn't progress at all from 1 pullup ???!!
i just keep doing austrarian pull up until i can get a pull up
i can do 10+ in a row now

• +1
You said you ate eggs which are full of protein, also when refeeding you don't cough olive oil, you eat a lot of carbs
I think that im going to end up a drug addict on the street or killing myself in the future, honestly there isn't much hope for me, sucks not having any money

• So Sad
  • +1
buy a pair of rings, you can do pretty much everything beside legs, when I started I only used weight now Its just calisthenics/weighted calisthenics

• +1
I think that im going to end up a drug addict on the street or killing myself in the future, honestly there isn't much hope for me, sucks not having any money
you are a med school with a gf which loves you lol

• +1
you are a med school with a gf which loves you lol
Im probably going to fail med school cause of my adhd, my gf is probably going to leave, girls lose love after a while. My future is grimm

• +1
  • So Sad
Im probably going to fail med school cause of my adhd, my gf is probably going to leave, girls lose love after a while. My future is grimm
you are not passing your tests?

you are not passing your tests?
Barely this year, next year it's going to be 3 times more brutal. It's just destiny/determinism, i wasn't made to succeed, my father has adhd. Genes are a curse

• +1
  • So Sad
Nearly impossible.
Damn, im already 17% bf, bulking will just make me go over 20% and then cutting to 10% would be impossible cause it will take too long and risk muscle loss

• +1
  • So Sad
put shit in a school bag

For adhd drink lots of black tea, like every 3 hours, the theanine in tea helps to focus.

And for calisthenics, convict conditioning is a good book that shows how to progress from as a beginner to elite level.

• +1
Damn, im already 17% bf, bulking will just make me go over 20% and then cutting to 10% would be impossible cause it will take too long and risk muscle loss
Bulk to 20 percent then cut to 15 percent then lean bulk. If you cut with not enough muscle you won't look sick.

• +1
Pullups are brutal, you got to follow a plan if you want to go faster and only have calisthenics as workout, do isometrics, etc. youtube it.
Ideally you would go to the gym and workout biceps and lats on machines to speed up the progress.

• +1