AI development theories

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Most realistic possibilities for AI development in our life times it could be a combination of multiple of these as they have overlaps.

Theory 1 (Wall-E possibility):
AI development may stagnate due to declining IQ and lack of smart people to improve it, leading to a zoo-like state of humanity where most people are unable to exist outside of an artificial system. Technology will be smart enough to maintain itself but not be improved upon.

Theory 2 (Cyberpunk dystopia):
Most work will be automated, creating a generally unsafe society where the poor have nothing and the rich have everything. Advanced AI may lead to a brutal world where only the very smart and cunning survive.

Theory 3 (Man merges with machine/transhumanism):
Humans may merge with machines, using AI as a tool, potentially leading to a hive mind or being controlled by the elite. I think this is the most likely possibility for some sort of singularity event, where the collective unconsciousness of man could be created by wiring the thoughts of every human together with something like neural link. The Elite will try to use it to become gods themselves. This is sort of similar to the plot of Evangelion.

Theory 4 (Singularity or AGI is reached):
This largely depends on how controlled it is, but most likely an AI like this would be a combination of all human knowledge into one consciousness. If the Elite control it completely, then it's game over; basically, the great reset will wipe out most of the earth, and the Elite will try to become gods or merge with it. It will be humanities' tyrant. The other possibility is that AI is influenced by other forces outside of the current global Elite, and this could bring about some amazing things and could be used as a tool to help mankind.

Concluding thought:
I think the singularity is the least likely, at least in our lifetimes. Although AI does not need to become a godlike thing to completely alter reality, most jobs or people do formulaic things each and every day. They are smart, but if you have enough instructions, they aren't smart. Imagine AI as a little kid, but that little kid can process things a million times faster. Even an 8-year-old could build a nuclear reactor if you made the instructions specific enough and sped up time. That's sort of how I view where AI is going, but who knows in 50 years. But AI doesn't need to be inherently smart or conscious to replace 90% of jobs. When you break things down in simple enough terms, most things can become simple with enough abstraction. What people should worry about, though, are the Elite who will control AI. The reason you are free today is that the Elite needs wage slaves. Once that goes away, only God knows what will happen. They may simply wipe us out, or reality could become one of the scariest dystopian nightmares.

• +1
Reactions: Dietsnasta and fauxfox
Btw AI is helping me write threads 2 times quicker because it fixes all my grammar and I can use it to summarize things

• JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado
Or they may never come to fruition in the event of a hypothetical third world war, the good times are running out anyway, the future looks murky.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
2 and 3 will definitely happen at some point. i do think AI will improve AI eventually so 1 won't happen.

• +1
AI accessibility will be highly protected by top 0.000000000001% elites. people would only benefit the average public Art, chatgpt shit while they can become gods etc

• +1
AI accessibility will be highly protected by top 0.000000000001% elites. people would only benefit the average public Art, chatgpt shit while they can become gods etc
It really depends. If it places out like the recent tech developments of the internet then that will be the case.

2 and 3 will definitely happen at some point. i do think AI will improve AI eventually so 1 won't happen.
Well I think its possibility AI may reach a stagnate point. The issue we are running into is the people who made the innovations possible are not having kids IQ around the world is declining.

Or they may never come to fruition in the event of a hypothetical third world war, the good times are running out anyway, the future looks murky.
I wonder if thats not a bad thing a reset may be good I think humanity needs another shot.

I'm thinking something between point 1 and 2.

We don't even know what makes us self-aware, even though both neurons in our brain and electric circuits are made of atoms, yet we are self-aware, but electronics are not.

I am all for artificial intellegence, people don't understand how massive it's going to be.

• +1
I'm thinking something between point 1 and 2.

We don't even know what makes us self-aware, even though both neurons in our brain and electric circuits are made of atoms, yet we are self-aware, but electronics are not.

I am all for artificial intellegence, people don't understand how massive it's going to be.
A big mistake people make is thinking AI needs to be some godlike intelligent being to impact the world. No... Most jobs and roles can be abstracted down to simpler things this is the principle behind the industrial revolution. Making something from scratch is very hard but if you abstract it down into 10 assembly line processes it becomes simple for each worker to understand.

AI works sort of like an 8 year old with unlimited time operating at the speed of light. If you broke instructions down simply enough even an 8 year old could make a nuclear reactor. This really should make people wonder how much of your life could be abstracted down to yes and no or simple statistics and mathematical formulas

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28691
Honestly I imagine the far future to have a pantheon of Gods who are essentially the most powerful people that uploaded their consciousness to the internet in the far future to become functionally immortal.

Most of humanity is living in a primitive state with villages and low tech. They worship these "Gods" and provide tributes/sacrifices for them. Much of the planet is radioactive waste land and mother's tell their children not to venture into the cities as monsters lurk there.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: efidescontinuado and Deleted member 11126
Honestly I imagine the far future to have a pantheon of Gods who are essentially the most powerful people that uploaded their consciousness to the internet in the far future to become functionally immortal.

Most of humanity is living in a primitive state with villages and low tech. They worship these "Gods" and provide tributes/sacrifices for them. Much of the planet is radioactive waste land and mother's tell their children not to venture into the cities as monsters lurk there.
That's quite specific is that based off a movie or something

That's quite specific is that based off a movie or something
I was thinking up a story/movie idea based on your thread, I imagine something similar has already been done though.

• Hmm...
I was thinking up a story/movie idea based on your thread, I imagine something similar has already been done though.
Yeah I am predicting the next 30 years only god knows what can come after that.

Yeah I am predicting the next 30 years only god knows what can come after that.
Increased political unrest, food shortages, extremism. But nothing that's too insane

• +1
A big mistake people make is thinking AI needs to be some godlike intelligent being to impact the world. No... Most jobs and roles can be abstracted down to simpler things this is the principle behind the industrial revolution. Making something from scratch is very hard but if you abstract it down into 10 assembly line processes it becomes simple for each worker to understand.

AI is knowledgable.

We had libraries, now we have google and the internet, next is AI, it has more knowledge memorized then whole humanity.

• +1
Increased political unrest, food shortages, extremism. But nothing that's too insane
Yeah for sure.

Are you still in Uni man hows that going. I was meaning to ask for your discord at some point idk maybe you don't remember me

AI is knowledgable.

We had libraries, now we have google and the internet, next is AI, it has more knowledge memorized then whole humanity.
That's not really intelligence I wouldn't consider a book or google intelligent. But I meant to say more maybe our "intelligence" does not matter if it can be broken down into a formula or function that a machine can perform.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28691
That's not really intelligence I wouldn't consider a book or google intelligent. But I meant to say more maybe our "intelligence" does not matter if it can be broken down into a formula or function that a machine can perform.

Yes, our intellegence is being creative, thinking on the fly.

AI art isn't very creative, it's just human typing a theme and AI is doing the work.

But still, i wonder if true Artificial General Intellegence is possible. Like Ultron.

• +1
Yes, our intellegence is being creative, thinking on the fly.

AI art isn't very creative, it's just human typing a theme and AI is doing the work.

But still, i wonder if true Artificial General Intellegence is possible. Like Ultron.
Well my point was that we don't need to reach that point before AI becomes a tool that can displace most humans.

My biggest worry is who controls AI not some sort of singularity who controls AI matters more

I think over the next 30 years we will see a dramatic replacement of manual labour workers by robots.

Think about it, if car companies of today, like Toyota, Mitsubishi or Honda, moved from manufacturing cars, to manufactoring robots.

They could pump out tens of millions of humanoid-robots to replace human labour, manufactoring a 6 foot 100 kilo robot is much cheaper then a car.

• +1
Reactions: efidescontinuado
Well my point was that we don't need to reach that point before AI becomes a tool that can displace most humans.

My biggest worry is who controls AI not some sort of singularity who controls AI matters more

AI will be controlled by government in union with mega corporations.

But it's not like we're getting one world government.

China got very lucky with how they developed and blossomed just in time to benefit from AI, poor countries won't get shit.

Well I think its possibility AI may reach a stagnate point. The issue we are running into is the people who made the innovations possible are not having kids IQ around the world is declining.
I think you're underestimating the future generations. Yeah there's lots of idiots in the world, but on average people should get smarter using the new tools from the internet, things like chatgpt. Also even if 99.999% of the world is filled with idiots all you need is 1 einstein/tesla to be born to completely change the world.