Alfaro's strengths and weaknesses IMO

othersitedown

othersitedown

fat white woman lover
I've been looking at many surgical results from many many different jaw surgeons and I want to talk about Alfaro's strengths and weaknesses.
Strengths:
- dramatic advancements
- CCW
- cares about airway
- virtual planning
- focuses on the "facelift" aspect of bimax
ALFARO'S GOOD CASES:
Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 21720 AM

Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 21848 AM

However, he also has glaring issues with patients who have overgrown jaws or long faces, because he's too focused on the facelift aspect and is scared to take too much bone away. this in turn results in:
- little improvement for overgrown bones
- horsefacecels stay horsefacecels
- women look too masc after results
- asymmetry barely changes because he's scared of taking away bone (condylar and hemimandibular hyperplasia cases)
- lip incompetence
I think if your concern is a face that's too long or too much bone then Raffaini is your best bet.

RAFFAINI'S CASES:
Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 20401 AM

Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 20508 AM
Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 20531 AM

ALFARO'S QUESTIONABLE CASES
Screen Shot 2022 06 07 at 43539 AM

Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 21000 AM
Screen Shot 2022 06 11 at 22050 AM

Conclusion: Alfaro is godsent for short boneless faces with airway issues but if your concern is asymmetric lfs then he is probably not your guy. I'm open to being corrected about this issue though.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Virgin at 29 😔
would i benefit from alafro?

Attachments

• gay man.jpg
    gay man.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Alfaro’s benefit is that he has a large, highly rated institution, with many public results and patients speaking on YT.

Raffaini on the other hand seems like an aspie, has had like 5 legendary career results after decades of practice, and everyone who meets him says he is rude, lmfao.

I honestly think Raffaini’s best is the best I’ve ever seen, like those 5 by him that are always reposted are truly insane.

But the fact that he has so few results posted is suspect, and I would think that Alfaro’s average result is probably better than his.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, SOS-Sonic, nobodyspecial369 and 4 others
Raffaini on the other hand seems like an aspie, has had like 5 legendary career results after decades of practice, and everyone who meets him says he is rude, lmfao.
Classic rude Italian snob, I've met a bunch of those. Alfaro mogs, but like LL the best are the most expensive ones.

Alfaro is one of the very best sleep apnea surgeons in the world, he is very daring and constantly defies the "limits" by advancing patients further than any other surgeon dares. This comes with it's side effects which is relapse, there's a reason as to why a lot of surgeons won't go past 12mm mark for mandibular advancements. The likelihood for relapse increases greatly once that limit is passed, and his Achille's heal is the trust he puts in to elastics to do their job in preventing relapse which IMO won't work in 100/100 cases.

Alfaro has a lot of strengths to him though, he is extremely experienced, has developed several techniques to perform his surgeries fast and efficiently. This allows you to return to normal earlier than you can with any other surgeon. He also has his own cut that he says he uses for all his patients which is known as the "subspinal-cut", he cuts under the anterior nasal spine which avoids unnecessary lip protrusion and nasal projection which comes with maxillary advancement sometimes. However this won't stop changes to the nasal base unfortunately and in some cases it could look really bad if you're deficient in the midface, specifically around the base of your nose. Alfaro also has own aesthetic line of reference known as the Soft Tissue Plane (STP) which he tries to line up his patients with if he can without trying to make the results look uncanny.

Raffaini and Alfaro are great friends, Raffaini performs a very similar cut to Alfaro for the Le Fort 1 which also goes under the anterior nasal spine, this is something I learned from this forum. Raffaini has some very good results under his belt, he arguably has the best ever bimax results out of anyone in the world but the problem is he is lacking new results. I don't see any new before&afters being published, he is just recycling before&afters from his papers which range all the way back to like 2007. Another problem with Raffaini is that he focuses greatly on female patients and has several papers on feminization surgeries. Why go see someone who focuses more on the opposite gender?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, dough, Wallenberg and 2 others
Alfaro is one of the very best sleep apnea surgeons in the world, he is very daring and constantly defies the "limits" by advancing patients further than any other surgeon dares. This comes with it's side effects which is relapse, there's a reason as to why a lot of surgeons won't go past 12mm mark for mandibular advancements. The likelihood for relapse increases greatly once that limit is passed, and his Achille's heal is the trust he puts in to elastics to do their job in preventing relapse which IMO won't work in 100/100 cases.

Alfaro has a lot of strengths to him though, he is extremely experienced, has developed several techniques to perform his surgeries fast and efficiently. This allows you to return to normal earlier than you can with any other surgeon. He also has his own cut that he says he uses for all his patients which is known as the "subspinal-cut", he cuts under the anterior nasal spine which avoids unnecessary lip protrusion and nasal projection which comes with maxillary advancement sometimes. However this won't stop changes to the nasal base unfortunately and in some cases it could look really bad if you're deficient in the midface, specifically around the base of your nose. Alfaro also has own aesthetic line of reference known as the Soft Tissue Plane (STP) which he tries to line up his patients with if he can without trying to make the results look uncanny.

Raffaini and Alfaro are great friends, Raffaini performs a very similar cut to Alfaro for the Le Fort 1 which also goes under the anterior nasal spine, this is something I learned from this forum. Raffaini has some very good results under his belt, he arguably has the best ever bimax results out of anyone in the world but the problem is he is lacking new results. I don't see any new before&afters being published, he is just recycling before&afters from his papers which range all the way back to like 2007. Another problem with Raffaini is that he focuses greatly on female patients and has several papers on feminization surgeries. Why go see someone who focuses more on the opposite gender?
When I read this, I seriously ask myself why do we have to do so much high iq high efforts when foids needs to do nothing to reproduce.

• So Sad
Reactions: smvmaxxertilllate, helpmegod and Silver
How much is Raffaini

Raffaini focuses mainly on women and hardly has any male results

He hardly posts new male results its the same ones from like 10+years ago

i agree. Alfaro don't seem good at treating people with horse faces, asymmetry, and people with overgrown bones.

Yep this is starting to be the agreed consensus on Alfaro... if you are deformed boneless tier he is a godsend because it will advance the fuck out of your jaws which most surgeons aren't comfortable with. However, if you just need minimal or moderate movements in certain areas he will most likely overadvance you. Most people fall into the second category so they should stay away from him but for the truecel looking people he is your best bet.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 18840
Yep this is starting to be the agreed consensus on Alfaro... if you are deformed boneless tier he is a godsend because it will advance the fuck out of your jaws which most surgeons aren't comfortable with. However, if you just need minimal or moderate movements in certain areas he will most likely overadvance you. Most people fall into the second category so they should stay away from him but for the truecel looking people he is your best bet.
how could you be so wrong already with the two examples given?

would i benefit from alafro?
Not the best at critiquing so take what I say with a grain of salt. Your biggest looksmin is positive canthal tilt. I can't see any issues with your jaw (atleast from that angle) that bimax would help you with.

Haircut and gym max would also be your biggest bang for your buck as epictroll said.

Bây giờ là như vậy
Cuộc sống của tôi đã thay đổi
Tôi muốn dành một chút thời gian
cứ ngồi đó
Tôi sẽ cho bạn biết tôi đã trở thành giám đốc của Bel Air như thế nào
Anh sinh ra và lớn lên ở Tây Philadelphia
Tôi dành phần lớn thời gian của mình trên sân chơi
Tất cả đều chơi ngoài khuôn viên trường
Khi một số người không đủ tốt
Tôi bắt đầu gặp khó khăn khi ở gần nhà
Tôi đã chiến đấu một chút và mẹ tôi sợ hãi
Cho biết: - Bạn sẽ sống ở Bel Air với chú của bạn.
Tôi đã cầu nguyện và cầu nguyện ngày qua ngày
Nhưng anh ta chộp lấy túi của tôi và đuổi tôi ra ngoài

opinions on coceancig?

my go-to surgeon is still Raffaini

• +1
Reactions: Carpediem
how could you be so wrong already with the two examples given?

Most likely with those people they probably requested minimal advancement... but for the average person he will probably just advance you as much as possible. At the end of the day I think it's also the patients' job to consult properly with the surgeon but most people have no clue what they really need.

Can somebody Show me raffaini Results because I don't find anything

Alfaro’s benefit is that he has a large, highly rated institution, with many public results and patients speaking on YT.

I honestly think Raffaini’s best is the best I’ve ever seen, like those 5 by him that are always reposted are truly insane.

But the fact that he has so few results posted is suspect, and I would think that Alfaro’s average result is probably better than his.
where are these guys located? is alfaro in USA

Alfaro is in Barcelona Spain. He is a mogger for boneless cucks like us.

I prefer pay him 34k than others 15k because i need 18mm pogonion advancement and 10 mm Lefort 1 to look like Chadlite.

My Chin is just recessed 2 mm behind lower lips but my mandible definitely is short. And my lower maxilla is definitely recessed i need big movements there 3-4mm will correct my failo but it won't make my profile good.