all you need to know about isotretinoin (short as possible)

khaleejicel

khaleejicel

Bronze
what is isotretinoin

isotretinoin is just a derivative + megadose of vit A. and can be beneficial if suffering from cystic acid and a fatty nose because it has anti inflammatory products :what:

what side effects
unfortunately this miracle drug has a lot of side effects, but the main ones are

dry lips
dry skin
joint pain
fucked eyesight
easier to sunburn
depression

how to mitigate some side effects

→ joint pain, i personally experienced this and did cold and heat therapy and applied topical ibuprofen which helped a lot and drank water
→ dry skin, for a while i only used an oil cleanser so i didnt fuck up my skin barrier, but also use something which doesnt build up too much, and use vaseline on face (disgusting i know) to lock in the moisture for a bit longer
→ fucked eyesight, i also UNFORTUNATELY had an issue with this so i bought a humidifier because my eyes were dry and wore sunglasses while limiting time on screen as i had really bad eye strain
→ depression, idk go outside :lul:
→ dry lips, buy a lip balm called keracnyl repair, works very very well imo and make sure to drink water (water info anyways)

where can i source
you can find sources for isotretinoin on meso rx, however i like to purchase from pct zone as they have an indian warehouse which contains accufine (very cheap), this is 10x cheaper compared to accutane and there is virtually no difference

they claim to have a 100% similarity rate in terms of efficacy within accufine/accutane but id expect there to be like the strength within a 20 mg pill (accufine) to be equal to 14-16mg

but don't try dose a bit more just pick strength, and also pct zone have a lot of other shit like furosemide :sneaky:

how can isotretinoin negatively affect human function
there is no report which states there is permanent damage of the liver, however while treatment is ongoing there will most likely be elevated liver enzyme and blood lipid level (take milk thistle or n-acetylcysteine for elevated liver enzyme and niacin because it also lowers cholesteral :forcedsmile:)

also some studies report that you can have stunted growth or lower bone density, which could be true because accutane lowers igf-1 but could be low to a point its half a cm

basically other shit which is negatively affected is like dry skin, fatigue, kidney function but JFL if you can't handle that for a month, and you should show symptoms anyways

what tests should i take

liver function test
cbc test
lipid profile blood test
renal function (only if u have genetically predisposed kidney disease or have fucked up kidney)
glucose level (only if ur diabetic or on growth hormones of some sort)

what is cumulative dose

just how much mg of isotretinoin a person should consume over the course of their treatment, if not met this can potentially lead to their acne coming back

how to work out our cumulative dose

the recommended range of cumulative dose is 120-150mg but as we're self medicating i'll play it safe and say between 80-120 mg, this then should be multiplied by a persons body weight (kg)

→ tldr

100-120mg x body weight (kg) = cumulative dose throughout course | 45-55 mg x bodyweight (lbs) = cumulative dose throughout course

and then after this you need to find recommended dose daily

0.5 -1mg x body weight (kg) = recommended dose daily | 0.225-0.45 x bodyweight (lbs) = recommended dose daily

muhammad ibn abdulwahab - 70 kg male with a cumulative dose of 100 mg

70kg x 100mg = 7000 mg throughout his course (don't use this as a reason to go batshit crazy and blast 200mg a day)

70 kg x .5 mg = 35 mg daily

7000mg / 35mg = 200 day cycle​

• +1
Reactions: a7a
how do you think it would affect seborrheic dermatitis? make it worse?

how do you think it would affect seborrheic dermatitis? make it worse?
idk anything ab that what part of your body are you suffering seborrheic dermaitis

idk anything ab that what part of your body are you suffering seborrheic dermaitis
pretty moderately around my nose forehead and chin, jfl at my immune system

What are your thoughts on micro dosing to limit these effects

pretty moderately around my nose forehead and chin, jfl at my immune system
might have to moisturise more but ur conditions already fucked so its 50/50 sorry
What are your thoughts on micro dosing to limit these effects
some people have improved skin, but better just get it through and over with because you're still gonna need to take a certain dose

might have to moisturise more but ur conditions already fucked so its 50/50 sorry

some people have improved skin, but better just get it through and over with because you're still gonna need to take a certain dose
Yeah my issue isn’t severe enough for a high dose so I don’t think it’s fully necessary just for maintenance. My issue is scarring from when I was younger

Yeah my issue isn’t severe enough for a high dose so I don’t think it’s fully necessary just for maintenance. My issue is scarring from when I was younger
dont use accutne for scarrin