almost have my CS degree

janoycresva

janoycresva

Banned
how can i make money during quarantine with almost CS degree? i feel like i just know the basics, was never passionate about it, just learned material for the classes. c, python, java, then just lots of discreet math tbh.

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetcel123
@Lorsss @Gudru

• +1
Reactions: janoycresva
go to any IT company and ask to work black

• +1
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Ocelot, dan and 2 others
Lol at caring that much about your CS degree, it's pretty easy to get that whats necessary done and companies pay curries in third world countries for this shit

Just scammax like me

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: dan, Deleted member 6128, janoycresva and 1 other person
did you not get internships during the summers in between school? Sounds like the cs program at your school is not that prestigious

how can i make money during quarantine with almost CS degree? i feel like i just know the basics, was never passionate about it, just learned material for the classes. c, python, java, then just lots of discreet math tbh.
day trading

did you not get internships during the summers in between school? Sounds like the cs program at your school is not that prestigious
i could have but i never went to any carreer fairs, i had other summer plans tbh tbh ngl, like LDARing on .co, plus a lot of kids lost internships this year

Why do you want degree in counter strike

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: a1phenohorriblebones, Kmscurry, Deleted member 6191 and 5 others
1) Work on your own project and make money off of it. If you have a good idea, it's pretty easy to get media coverage (I have done it and I have a finance degree) This is a passive income.

2) Freelance on Upwork
3) Make online courses - you can make a lot off of it. Also passive income.
4) Dropshipping / Dropservicing, or anything else that doesn't really make use your CS knowledge.

• +1
Reactions: a1phenohorriblebones and janoycresva
I didn’t know Counter Strike was a Degree
4A6CBD9F 307B 4A69 9B54 5094D9D575BF

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4577
Is CS difficult? Do you need to be high IQ and be good at maths?

• +1
Get a master deegre in machine printing or any AI

• +1
Working on your own project, or contributing on open source projects will definitely help you in getting a job. This is like getting "work experience" without having a job. That was how I started working as an engineer even though I don't have a CS degree. My media covered side project helped me got my first 2 jobs right after I graduated.

• +1
Working on your own project, or contributing on open source projects will definitely help you in getting a job. This is like getting "work experience" without having a job. That was how I started working as an engineer even though I don't have a CS degree. My media covered side project helped me got my first 2 jobs right after I graduated.
so just contribute to github a lot?

so just contribute to github a lot?
I actually don't because I'm not good/smart enough in doing that in the frameworks that I use, but I made an app that's pretty unique. At the interview of my 2nd job, the interviewer asked nothing about my 1st job, but everything about my app. So if this is what you like, you could make a side project that you're proud of. Many tech companies value creativity and passion. They might even write "we hire makers" in their recruiting page. Everyone CS major can code, but not everyone likes it. So doing these may make you stand out from the crowd (or at least it makes your resumé less empty!).

I also used the same trick when I was studying in college and I got what I wanted. :forcedsmile:

• +1
I actually don't because I'm not good/smart enough in doing that in the frameworks that I use, but I made an app that's pretty unique. At the interview of my 2nd job, the interviewer asked nothing about my 1st job, but everything about my app. So if this is what you like, you could make a side project that you're proud of. Many tech companies value creativity and passion. They might even write "we hire makers" in their recruiting page. Everyone CS major can code, but not everyone likes it. So doing these may make you stand out from the crowd (or at least it makes your resumé less empty!).

I also used the same trick when I was studying in college and I got what I wanted. :forcedsmile:
good advice thank you

Create a Cyber Security Business

Is CS difficult? Do you need to be high IQ and be good at maths?
no and you need to be good at maths, you can learn programming without any maths though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795
How good?
you need to understand most things from school maths, cause you will study advanced maths in CS that will feel like another subject

• +1
Reactions: janoycresva and Deleted member 3795
you need to understand most things from school maths, cause you will study advanced maths in CS that will feel like another subject
Can I still manage if I didn’t really pay attention in highschool?

yeah but you need to learn it on your own, i learned that stuff in 3-4 months

everything in algebra/trigonometry and probability, you don't really need geometry

• +1
E-whoring works i heard

Calculas I and Cal II will rape you if you aren't good at maths. Discrete is barely even maths. It's completely abstract. Haven't taken linear, but it's the most important subject for AI and ML. The hardest class is prolly CAL II

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3795
Calculas I and Cal II will rape you if you aren't good at maths. Discrete is barely even maths. It's completely abstract. Haven't taken linear, but it's the most important subject for AI and ML. The hardest class is prolly CAL II

lmao wtf else am I supposed to do fuck. Too low IQ for STEM.
Idk is business a good option?

Calc 1 is literally kindergarten

Calc 1 is literally kindergarten
Idk what kinda Cal I you be taking bro. Depends on the program I guess. What College Cal I you talking?

lmao wtf else am I supposed to do fuck. Too low IQ for STEM.
Idk is business a good option?
i think u should just try STEM, I was bad at math until i switched up my study strategy. you really just have to sit down and do a bunch of practice problems without looking at solutions, then you'll pass. if ur naturally bad at math, then u have to do more problems and studying than other kids. you may need to study extremely hard just for a C, but it's very doable. also, not sure if ur in the U.S. but make yourself known to the professor, go to their office hours. that way, if they see you're putting in work, they might give u a good grade that you dont deserve

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5292

Users who are viewing this thread

Back