Alternative to glasses?

D

Doomer

Bronze
I know 100% glasses looksmin me like crazy.

I looked into contacts and those seem like a pain but way better than glasses for my face.

Are there any other alternatives? Like eye drops or something that fixes your eyes temporarily? My friend told me about contacts you wear at night to fix your vision during the day so I might pick that since it’s $200/year and I can get a job to pay for that. I can’t do LASIK for now since I’m 16.

I wish my parents didn’t make me study when I was a little kid and I wasn’t so stupid 😡

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: NZb6Air
You mentioned every single alternative nigga

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho, idkwhattoputhere and skkrrrtcantdo
dude...you named literally any other possible alternative. Just get contacts, if you get pain just cope with it, ascending comes with a price. Since you mentioned you could work, put enough money on the side to get LASIK once you get older..

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho and idkwhattoputhere
Contacts.

There is no "fix vision by wearing these at night" product, just scams.
Most sight issues are either due to damage to the eye, or due to an astigmatism.

LASIK itself isn't a 100% guarantee (but it is pretty damn close), nor is it permanent, but the technology for it is advancing quickly, and this is shown through its pricing (which is quite cheap considering the benefits). Be mindful that it is an *invasive* surgery, and complications *can* happen. This is the risk when doing these things, as with most things in life.

So wait until you're 18, get a job while you wait so that you can pay for it yourself.
It's price ranges from $1500CAD - $3000CAD per eye, so depending on the severity of your vision problems, be ready to hand over a good chunk of change.

Or just wear contacts. I need to get some myself, and I abhor the idea of touching my eye, let alone having something lay upon it for hours on end, but it is something you, and I, are going to have to get used to.

Realistically, it depends on what you want, and how far you're willing to go for this.
Ask yourself: is getting used to, and putting in contacts daily, worse than paying anywhere from $3000 - $6000 once? (baring the need for the procedure to be done again). For me, I would say it is worth it, but again, I am not you.

Best of luck.

• +1
Reactions: Doomer and vernier

I looked into contacts and those seem like a pain but way better than glasses for my face.

Are there any other alternatives? Like eye drops or something that fixes your eyes temporarily? My friend told me about contacts you wear at night to fix your vision during the day so I might pick that since it’s $200/year and I can get a job to pay for that. I can’t do LASIK for now since I’m 16.

I wish my parents didn’t make me study when I was a little kid and I wasn’t so stupid 😡
Itsgenetics and the fctthatyou never went outside jfl. get better frames or some shit

I have horrible eyes; I can't read without glasses. But I just stopped wearing them completely. Do you think the hunter-gatherers needed glasses or fucking contacts? No so man up

what are these contacts u wear at night to help u in the day? tell me more

Itsgenetics and the fctthatyou never went outside jfl. get better frames or some shit
It’s just garbage upbringing, or can also just be you as a kid being stupid. Especially from what I’ve seen how Indian parents are falsely told or either believe studying from a young age is good for them 😂

• JFL
Reactions: AverageCurryEnjoyer