Am I measuring bideltoid correctly?

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
I get like 21 inches when I relax my shoulders to their normal resting position. Isnt average like 20 or something?
Screenshot 20201221 113939

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 4720, Gunna and 1 other person
This forum sucks dick 0 looksmaxxing help

• JFL
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 5891
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Kavkaz777, thecel, mogstar and 7 others
theres no way its 21 its like 18

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, thecel, WadlowMaxxing and 2 others
tape is not straight

• +1
Reactions: thecel, Mouthbreath, Siberia_ and 3 others
thats the wrong way to measure, you will get 1.5-2" extra that way due to curvature, you are measuring the circumference, while what you really need is only the horizontal displacement

• +1
Reactions: thecel, 6’1cel, Vergil.is and 1 other person
put your back against a wall and mark at the widest part of your arms

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and itorroella9
thats the wrong way to measure, you will get 1.5-2" extra that way due to curvature, you are measuring the circumference, while what you really need is only the horizontal displacement
same thing when people measure dick with tailor tape

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 9090 and 6’1cel
How the fuck do I hold it straight whilst also relaxing my arms at the same time jfl
stand back to the wall and mark to points with a marker then measure

same thing when people measure dick with tailor tape
if you have a curved dick, then you need a tailors tape to get an accurate measurement. but the problem is guys measuring diagonally, sideways, below the balls or from the asshole to tip. So if the measurement is a straight line, least distance measure from the top, the tailor tape will be same as the ruler, unless the dick is curved. In that case it is fair to use a tape.

• +1
Reactions: Vergil.is and lutte
How the fuck do I hold it straight whilst also relaxing my arms at the same time jfl
Get someone to measure it for you. Alternative frame, measurement is Biacromial width, which I think is more legit since you are actually measuring interbone distance, whereas with bideltoid you are including muscles like lats, serratus and deltoids in your width.

So basically Biacromial is like a PSL rating, while bideltoid is like your SMV.

Attachments

• IMG_20201221_115603.jpg
    IMG_20201221_115603.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 71
  • JFL
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy, curryslayerordeath and Vergil.is
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy

isn't that way above average. plus ur completely untrained. 1 year in the gym u will literally have mogger shoulders

• +1
Reactions: Vergil.is
  • +1
bro i literally get it's over memes when i post face it resonates with me thru my day to day
where? here?
pm me your face /9 nondisorted/ body (mirror pic) and preferably voice

i think average is 20 bro so im either BARELY below average or average

CDC survey dataTrusted Source from 1988 to 1994 summarizes biacromial measurements. Based on the shoulder measurements of 7,476 men aged 20 years and older taken during the same time period, the average shoulder width of men in the United States was 16.1 inches (41.1 cm).

You're way above average which is to expected considering your height. Realistically you don't even have to gymcel you already have wide shoulders but if you did you would look insane.

• +1
CDC survey dataTrusted Source from 1988 to 1994 summarizes biacromial measurements. Based on the shoulder measurements of 7,476 men aged 20 years and older taken during the same time period, the average shoulder width of men in the United States was 16.1 inches (41.1 cm).

You're way above average which is to expected considering your height. Realistically you don't even have to gymcel you already have wide shoulders but if you did you would look insane.
Even tho hes 19.5 inches and above average, take in mind that hes 6'4. Hes still gonna look lanky at that height with 19.5 bideltoid

Even tho hes 19.5 inches and above average, take in mind that hes 6'4. Hes still gonna look lanky at that height with 19.5 bideltoid

i don't think so. i think close to 20 inches is still wide even for his height. he has decent proportions, notice his waist is fairly streamline which further creates the illusion of wide shoulders. .

Here's a comment i found online answering a question about wide shoulders = "20-inch-wide shoulders look significantly broader than average shoulders; 21-inch shoulders will get plenty of attention; 22-inch shoulders will draw stares from almost everyone; 23-inch shoulders are super heroic"

20inch shoulders is a very good natural starting point. OP can gymcel and get to 21-22 inches easily

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Siberia_
i don't think so. i think close to 20 inches is still wide even for his height. he has decent proportions, notice his waist is fairly streamline which further creates the illusion of wide shoulders. .

Here's a comment i found online answering a question about wide shoulders = "20-inch-wide shoulders look significantly broader than average shoulders; 21-inch shoulders will get plenty of attention; 22-inch shoulders will draw stares from almost everyone; 23-inch shoulders are super heroic"

20inch shoulders is a very good natural starting point. OP can gymcel and get to 21-22 inches easily
22 or death

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4720 and GymcelDoomer
I ALMOST HAD A HEART ATTACK.

I thought you had to measure the biacromial width which turn out to be 17-18inches, I almost threw my gymnastics rings in the trash :feelshaha:

Using this method:
I am between 20-21.5 after reducing 1 inch for measurement inaccuracy gym and calisthenics have paid off.

I have a mini whiteboard, put that against my back against the wall and used a mirror to mark as accurately as possible.

make sure you're not mixing up measurements lads.

But I think it is better to measure by bones because if youre fat, the 2nd measurement is gonna be skewed and biased towards higher bf%, but the first measurement doesn't have an easy pic and percentiles like the 2nd which is why yall probably are only measuring that one. :feelsuhh:

Didn't you say you had gyno?

I just measured by taking a photo of myself standing in a doorframe, dividing the width of my shoulders by the width of the doorframe in pixels, and multiplying this ratio by the actual doorframe width in inches

Based on this I have a bideltoid of 19.4 inches (although I'm skinny af right now so I can prolly get this number up to 20+ inches through gym)

Use a sliding door to measure its way more accurate. Btw average is around 18.5 inches but everyone measures wrong.

• +1
Reactions: yorker12
Use a sliding door to measure its way more accurate. Btw average is around 18.5 inches but everyone measures wrong.
Didn't think of this, actually a great way to measure, confirms my whiteboard results, but still not completely accurate, but if you don't have access to a sliding door, using a mirror/whiteboard and marker is also close.

If 18.5 is avg, lifefuel.

you said that you have gyno but I don't see it here