Am i the asshole for divorcing my wife after finding out my daughter is not mine ?!!

Roquefort

Roquefort

King of cheese
AITAH for starting the divorce process after finding out my daughter isn’t mine?

My life feels like a bad drama show at the moment.
For some context me(33M) and my wife (30F) have been married for 7 years and what i thought was our daughter is 3.
Looking back this all started after my wife gave birth to her daughter.

She suddenly became a lot more affectionate to me was a lot more active with me in the bedroom life.
She also made my favorite desserts a lot more often(she is an fantastic baker).
I of course didn’t suspect anything since even prior to her pregnancy there were no signs of cheating but also possibly could be that just didn’t look close enough into it.

Well this whole fiasco started 2 weeks ago after a day out with her daughter and she just sat me down in the evening and came clean about the fact that her daughter wasn’t mine her waterworks of course also started and apparently it was a guy from the gym and it lasted a month before he disappeared on her after he found out she was pregnant.
Honestly even typing this now i feel like crying since i thought i did everything perfectly but she still cheated.

As much as i wish i could say i had a stoneface or something i just started crying and she tried to comfort me but i just pushed her away i felt so disgusted with her.
After i had calmed down a bit i just grabbed my jacket and left for a hotel and while i was leaving she just begged and pleaded me to forgive her and that i was the only father her daughter knew.

After crying myself to sleep in the hotel the next day after i turned my phone back on i had seen she had blown up my phone and i didn’t read any of it and just blocked her.
I after having a little bit of breakfast contacted a lawyer to start the divorce process and at work i just asked for some time off and my boss gave me a month off.
By the evening my mom and sister were calling me on her behalf and were on her side and that just hurt me even more.
While i’m not proud to admit this i did drink myself to sleep that night.
After that night i started staying with my best friend and my mom and sister kept spamming and calling me.
A few days later after she probably got the divorce papers my mom just sent me a long text that to summarize was that i should step up and forgive her and not abandon “my” daughter and that she woud disown me if i went through with the divorce.
My sister and mom are against me divorcing her but my best friend and his wife are saying i have the right to not want to be with her or take care of her kid.

I’m split on this on one hand i did raise the baby for 3 years on another i don’t know if i could in the right mind raise the reminder of my wife her affair.

Edit 1:
To put some context my sister is infertile so i think that’s also partly why my mom doesn’t want me to continue the divorce since she will lose her “grandchild”

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
As a Reddit moderator aka a cuck, I think YTA. You should accept the child. Your wife loves you. Although you aren’t the biological father, you can still be a father because, after all the child belongs to your wife.

• JFL
Reactions: Roquefort, jxck7468, greycel and 1 other person
AITAH for starting the divorce process after finding out my daughter isn’t mine?

My life feels like a bad drama show at the moment.
For some context me(33M) and my wife (30F) have been married for 7 years and what i thought was our daughter is 3.
Looking back this all started after my wife gave birth to her daughter.

She suddenly became a lot more affectionate to me was a lot more active with me in the bedroom life.
She also made my favorite desserts a lot more often(she is an fantastic baker).
I of course didn’t suspect anything since even prior to her pregnancy there were no signs of cheating but also possibly could be that just didn’t look close enough into it.

Well this whole fiasco started 2 weeks ago after a day out with her daughter and she just sat me down in the evening and came clean about the fact that her daughter wasn’t mine her waterworks of course also started and apparently it was a guy from the gym and it lasted a month before he disappeared on her after he found out she was pregnant.
Honestly even typing this now i feel like crying since i thought i did everything perfectly but she still cheated.

As much as i wish i could say i had a stoneface or something i just started crying and she tried to comfort me but i just pushed her away i felt so disgusted with her.
After i had calmed down a bit i just grabbed my jacket and left for a hotel and while i was leaving she just begged and pleaded me to forgive her and that i was the only father her daughter knew.

After crying myself to sleep in the hotel the next day after i turned my phone back on i had seen she had blown up my phone and i didn’t read any of it and just blocked her.
I after having a little bit of breakfast contacted a lawyer to start the divorce process and at work i just asked for some time off and my boss gave me a month off.
By the evening my mom and sister were calling me on her behalf and were on her side and that just hurt me even more.
While i’m not proud to admit this i did drink myself to sleep that night.
After that night i started staying with my best friend and my mom and sister kept spamming and calling me.
A few days later after she probably got the divorce papers my mom just sent me a long text that to summarize was that i should step up and forgive her and not abandon “my” daughter and that she woud disown me if i went through with the divorce.
My sister and mom are against me divorcing her but my best friend and his wife are saying i have the right to not want to be with her or take care of her kid.

I’m split on this on one hand i did raise the baby for 3 years on another i don’t know if i could in the right mind raise the reminder of my wife her affair.

Edit 1:
To put some context my sister is infertile so i think that’s also partly why my mom doesn’t want me to continue the divorce since she will lose her “grandchild”
didn’t even read this. just know your not fucked for leaving your wife after she had kids with another man

already over if this dumb fuck is asking on reddit

it shouldn’t even have to be asked

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort
YTA. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• +1
Reactions: Roquefort