Anti Aging Advice needed

I

Ihatemyface

Iron
I recently turned 26, and I’m feeling extremely old. I don’t really look old (I've been consistent with sunscreen since I was 18 and haven’t had a sunburn since then), but I feel older because I’m no longer in that 18-25 age range. I’ve found that ChatGPT is great at guessing ages, and it consistently guesses mine to be between 19-24, with 23 being the average.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

- I sleep 8-9 hours per night.
- I use sunscreen daily.
- I use 0.1% tretinoin four times a week.
- I haven’t consumed any drink with added sugar since 2014.
- I don’t follow a carnivore diet (the misery that diet would bring would age any sane person more—I only lasted two weeks on it), but I do enjoy eating meat and do so most days.
- I actively avoided all drugs and alcohol until I was 23 (big mistake), I started drinking most weekends at that age. This ruined my skin more than anything else, and my last drink was when I was 25. If I can live the rest of my life without drinking, it will only be two small years when I went off the rails, and things are already improving.
- I don’t lift or do resistance exercises because when I did (at 23), the natural testosterone I produced made my cystic acne flare up and made me look much older—I actually think is a huge aging factor and anyone over 25 that works out loads runs a big risk of looking 40.
- I’ve managed to keep my hair, which helps.
- I use red and blue light therapy for acne and skin inflammation.
- I have stayed the same healthy weight since 18 (BMI of 18.5), by just not over eating and not through exercising (which again I think ages people… runners face etc).
- I am currently low sugar, gluten free and cows dairy free for my acne

What I think is holding me back:

- Consistent stress - I’ve been stressed for the past three years, which I know is terrible and is probably aging me significantly.
- Depression - I don’t make a lot of money, and while I’d love a life of luxury, it will probably never happen. Living in one of the worst-rated towns/cities in the UK is incredibly depressing.
- Acne - I’ve had cystic acne since I was 13, and it’s been damaging my collagen. It just won’t go away. I have a dermatologist appointment next month, and Accutane might be the next step, but I’m worried it could age me further and possibly cause autoimmune problems.

I’ve started to notice very fine lines on my forehead and am considering light Botox, as well as treatments around my eyes. I’m also thinking of trying polynucleotides for my acne scars.

What else can I do to combat aging? I honestly think that once you’re over 25, or maybe over 30, the bones and ratios don’t matter as much as how haggard you look. Each passing year just wears the human body down, and I need to slow this process. Also, I’m doing this for my own benefit, not to impress anyone else. I’m not sure if it’s an OCD thing, but I need your help.

• +1
Reactions: Norwegian LTN and TechnoBoss
I feel you bro wish I was young again lol

• +1
Reactions: chriszy
stopped reading at "26"

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: watah and Bdot
You’re 26 in here…? That like a grown man you’re supposed to be having kids or something

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: chriszy, watah and ronald_2
Shouldn't you be taking care of your infants children rn and planning retirement not rotting on org
Hmm… just cos I’m 26 I’m not gonna let myself go. Sheesh it’s not that old. That being said that majority of people my age are indeed tied with a mortgage and children… I’m definitely not ready for that yet! This is more about asking for advice on how to live longer and look better for longer. When you get to 26 you won’t just want to give up (well I don’t want to anyway).

Shouldn't you be taking care of your infants children rn and planning retirement not rotting on org
i can't tell if this is sarcasm or if you're retarded

You’re 26 in here…? That like a grown man you’re supposed to be having kids or something
Ahh.. maybe this is the wrong place to post. I’ll go to Reddit, there’s over 30 groups on there about looking and feeling good.

How long have you been using tret? It causes cellular division so in the long term it fucks you up

The replies to this are making me panicked. I am guessing I’m not actually going to get advice. There needs to be a looksmaxing page for grown men if this site thinks very recently turned 26, which is still mid 20s is too old to care about improving looks and preserving them.

How long have you been using tret? It causes cellular division so in the long term it fucks you up
Since March 2024, but have been using it periodically since feb 2021

• +1
Reactions: arabcelxxx
not understanding sarcasm is a sign of autism btw
Fr I keep seeing people online fail to detect sarcasm even when it’s incredibly obvious to me, the internet must be filled with autists, I might be one of the least autistic person in the world

• JFL
Reactions: castizo
The replies to this are making me panicked. I am guessing I’m not actually going to get advice. There needs to be a looksmaxing page for grown men if this site thinks very recently turned 26, which is still mid 20s is too old to care about improving looks and preserving them.
You could block your windows maybe with something to keep UVA from coming in
Maybe stop smiling I heard that can cause wrinkles

Hey someone called curlyhairjames posted this website on tiktok, and made it a trend, so its why you see so many people who have recently joined coming from that gay app. they are all 14-18 and talk like retards, even disrespecting the english language when it is the native language for them.

it is hard to get good information from the site any more because the site is filled with kids who dont know anything and just know what curly james said on tik tok

Lifting weights and exercise is a must. It's probably the most anti-aging thing you can do. It promotes neurogenesis in your brain, it releases growth hormone, increases collagen, strengthens your bones and so on. It even lengthens your telomeres. Just look around you and you'll tend to notice the older dudes who don't look bad for their age tend to work out.

Just don't start running marathons or killing yourself in the gym 6 days a week. Overdoing it will have the opposite desired effect. And as many preach here, steroids are highly aging, so steer clear of them.

Lifting weights and exercise is a must. It's probably the most anti-aging thing you can do. It promotes neurogenesis in your brain, it releases growth hormone, increases collagen, strengthens your bones and so on. It even lengthens your telomeres. Just look around you and you'll tend to notice the older dudes who don't look bad for their age tend to work out.

Just don't start running marathons or killing yourself in the gym 6 days a week. Overdoing it will have the opposite desired effect. And as many preach here, steroids are highly aging, so steer clear of them.
Right maybe I should do some light exercise. I just noticed I looked older in 2021 than I do now (when I was working out). I feel like exercise is actually more important as you age when the natural testosterone levels drop.

Right maybe I should do some light exercise. I just noticed I looked older in 2021 than I do now (when I was working out). I feel like exercise is actually more important as you age when the natural testosterone levels drop.
Yeah exercise becomes increasingly important as we age. Classic example:

By the way I was much like yourself and used to break out with acne when I first lifted weights. But by the third month my body had adapted and it 100% stopped.

Dont eat a high protein

This site hella slow i gonna reply later