Antidepressants ruined my hair

Arditi

Arditi

Platinum
So i have been going on antidepressants for past few months and since i started using them, i started shedding so much hair. Like insane amounts, one scratch on my head would cause 3 hairs to fall out. How do i reverse the hair loss and get back what i lost?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Graham, bishōnenmaxxer and Deleted member 28904
I've been on SSRis for (2? 3?) months now and I haven't experienced that. Could just be an age thing though since I'm 18.

How old are you?

• +1
Reactions: Arditi
I've been on SSRis for (2? 3?) months now and I haven't experienced that. Could just be an age thing though since I'm 18.

How old are you?
17. I used to shed hairs before but after i started taking them i started seeing unnormal amounts of hair falling from me

17. I used to shed hairs before but after i started taking them i started seeing unnormal amounts of hair falling from me
Do you know what you're taking specifically? Like is it Seralatine?

• +1
also you're supposed to like my posts if I reply to you so my rep to post ratio doesn't get fucked up

like my posts greycel I'm tryna help you out

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: horsefacin, Milk, Deleted member 23218 and 3 others
Sertralinum
Yeah looked into it quickly and hair loss is a rare, but possible side effect.

Either get off the meds (can't say if you should I don't know you) or continue them and just use some of the hair loss prevention guides here.

• +1
So i have been going on antidepressants for past few months and since i started using them, i started shedding so much hair. Like insane amounts, one scratch on my head would cause 3 hairs to fall out. How do i reverse the hair loss and get back what i lost?
Get off them jewish pills there going to make you short and subhuman

Get off them jewish pills there going to make you short and subhuman
unironically can antidepressants affect height and development and shit? i’m on fluoxetine at 15

I used to be on sertraline and went from NW 0 (before treatment) to almost NW 3 after. This could just be coincidence as one of my grandparents was bald at a young age (the other was bald when he was old).

I have been off sertraline for around 4 months, but if anything, I've just been getting more bald. Maybe it acts as an accelerant like some steroids used for bodybuilding do, provided the user has underlying male pattern baldness genetics (vast majority of guys do, it just depends on what age it becomes noticeable).

Before / after:

• +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 22962, Deleted member 20064, Arditi and 1 other person
unironically can antidepressants affect height and development and shit? i’m on fluoxetine at 15
Yes they close height plates prematurely, how long have u been on them

WAIT FUCK WHAT

like a month or smth
My advice get on an non-ssri and research it to make sure it wont fuck ur growth up stimulants also do the same im 15 and 5’8 and my shit is closed

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
I used to be on sertraline and went from NW 0 (before treatment) to almost NW 3 after. This could just be coincidence as one of my grandparents was bald at a young age (the other was bald when he was old).

I have been off sertraline for around 4 months, but if anything, I've just been getting more bald. Maybe it acts as an accelerant like some steroids used for bodybuilding do, provided the user has underlying male pattern baldness genetics (vast majority of guys do, it just depends on what age it becomes noticeable).

Before / after:
View attachment 2243663
View attachment 2243665
Im screwed. My dad, grandpa, all uncles are bald.

• +1
Reactions: Graham
My advice get on an non-ssri and research it to make sure it wont fuck ur growth up stimulants also do the same im 15 and 5’8 and my shit is closed
should i stop taking them? like i could just pretend to have them but spit them out. i think it hasn’t closed my plates yet since i grew about an inch in the last few weeks and i was already on it at that point

should i stop taking them? like i could just pretend to have them but spit them out. i think it hasn’t closed my plates yet since i grew about an inch in the last few weeks and i was already on it at that point
My mom wont let me get off of them so i just throw them away if they are closed theres always microfractures

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
Yes they close height plates prematurely, how long have u been on them
Shit, I was still growing at 19 / 20, maybe I could've squeezed an extra CM to become truly 6ft 3. Actually pissed rn.

I wish I knew what the fuck I was getting into, despite doing whatever the fucking doctors or psychiatrists said.

Shit, I was still growing at 19 / 20, maybe I could've squeezed an extra CM to become truly 6ft 3. Actually pissed rn.

I wish I knew what the fuck I was getting into, despite doing whatever the fucking doctors or psychiatrists said.
Doctors fucking suck they put 12 year olds on heavy medicine and wonder why there in the 5th percentile

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22962, Graham and bishōnenmaxxer
Nigga forget about looksmaxxing for a second.

Why are you on antideppressants anyway?

because I'm depressed

but why?

• +1
Reactions: Graham
I've been on and off meds for 23 years. I'm Norwood 2 at 39.

because I'm depressed

but why?
I wish I asked myself this question sooner than I did. The docs said it can be genetic or hormonal imbalance, and that I have BDD which contributes to it, but in reality it's because I'm mildly ugly, broke, friends went different paths / left behind feeling, etc.

• +1
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer