anxiety when cold approaching someone

A

agv

Iron
(IF YOU DONT WANT TO READ ALL SKIP TO THE END THATS WHERE I ASK THE QUESTION) There’s this girl I always see during passing periods and me and her always look at eachother and the eye contact is always more than I would like (not complaining I’m just not very social so things like that will always freak me out a bit)
And for some short context I’ve never really been intrigued with girls. I’ve always kept to myself and focused on making money and js basic self improvement stuff, and yeah I’ll see a girl and say in my head “damn she’s bad ” and move on immediately, But the thing is I’ve never seen a girl and immediately thought “dude she’s perfect I want her so bad” and for her it was exactly that. but the thing is I know what I’m gonna say but it’s like something in me is just keeping me from doing so.(would be my first time doing a cold approach btw) It’s like this anxiety is physically forcing me to not say anything. I know it’s all mental but damn it’s like I can’t even go through with it. Last thing, I know once I do this it’ll be like cake for any other time but I need some advice to help ease this anxiety for the first time

• +1
Reactions: Numb
you sound young, so try this advice.

get a flask or any opaque liquid container.

go to your dads booze cabinet, find his whiskey, and pour maybe 100ml into the flask.

when you are at school, chug the flask 30m before you expect to see her. take gum right afterwards so the smell is not on your breath.

keep yourself in a good mood until then, play some music whatever.

approach, and hopefully your inhibitions will be much lower.

good luck, they call it liquid courage for good reason lad.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: kviijjjjj, User28823 and agv
Honestly I haven’t thought of that but it’s a good idea bc when I go to party’s I’ll drink a little and I swear anxiety isn’t even a thing, idk why it hasn’t crossed my mind to do that in this situation. Thank you 🙏

• Love it
Reactions: Numb