Any actual proof of accutane stunting growth?

Deleted member 2661

Deleted member 2661

‎‏‏‎ Notorious bully
I was forced to visit a derma and he prescribed me 20mg a day roaccutane/isotretinoin. Is it just people coping for bad genes?

It's difficult to prove. I can only say that I no longer grew after starting it at the age of 14 and was left 3 inches shorter than my father.

It decreases key growth hormones. Depends on the dosage too

"After 3 months of treatment with ISO, luteinizing hormone (LH) (p < 0.001), prolactin (p < 0.001), total testosterone (p < 0.001), adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) (p < 0.001), cortisol (p < 0.001), insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 3 (p < 0.001), insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) (p = 0.002), growth hormone (GH) (p = 0.002) and free T3 (fT3) (p < 0.001) levels had decreased significantly"

In theory it should (to some extent) but I saw many guys who still grew taller. I took it when I was 16 years and 7 months old and never grew taller afterwards but can’t figure out to this day whether I stopped growing naturally or if it was accutane. I’m 12 cm taller than my dad.
ACTUALLY: I remember reading a study where kids who took LArge doses of accutane for cancer were checked for accelerated bone maturation and they only found evidence of accelerated maturation in less than 20% of the kids. Again: they took extremely large doses (way higher than for acne)

Last edited:
I still grew after

in 'murica they blast accutane (jfl) which gives unneeded heavy sides such as potential early growth plate closure

you're on a low and relatively safe dose of 20mg , you should be fine ngl