Any ADHDcels on here?

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
What are the best ways of coping my meds don't work as well and give me anxiety. My adhd basically might ruin my life I am going to end up mediocre. People always just assume I'm lazy I always get told "your so smart you just don't try hard at all". In school people used to just think I was lazy but I genuinely couldn't do my HW unless if it was the last minute.

I don't want to work at Walmart when I am 30 I want to go back to school or learn some high skillset I just want to live up to where I should be.

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn, Deleted member 17404, RealSurgerymax and 1 other person
I got diagnosed with that, though I think it's due to environment. Same as you I learn things extremely quickly but I kinda just do it for 1 hour everyday. I try to reset my dopamine system with giving myself 2.5 dollars with every 25 minute pomodoro session. Btw is your handwriting shit?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444 and Deleted member 11126
Btw is your handwriting shit?
Yeah kinda although I barely write anything mostly I type these days. Even in school we were mostly typing things by 10th grade

• JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444
I got diagnosed with that, though I think it's due to environment. Same as you I learn things extremely quickly but I kinda just do it for 1 hour everyday. I try to reset my dopamine system with giving myself 2.5 dollars with every 25 minute pomodoro session. Btw is your handwriting shit?
Real adhd is completely genetic, my father has extremely obvious symptoms of it that i have inherited

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Real adhd is completely genetic, my father has extremely obvious symptoms of it that i have inherited
Well my father doesn't have it and neither does my mother lol. Like they are the most disciplined people I know.

yes. Try modafinil it has helped me a lot. Adhd has a lot more of an effect on relationships than most people know

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
discipline is the best way to cope with adhd

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
I struggle with it since early childhood.
I cannot stand still, my brain requires me to physically run around in circles in order to think and study stuff.
I'm easily distracted, procrastinate till deadlines, still managed to achieve a good school career thanks to my quick learning abilities.
I hyperfocus on things that interest me in the short term and constantly hop between tasks, meaning that if I'm unlucky and find something unproductive interesting I'll waste the entire day on it.
I'll try modafinil soon.

Yes...I'm on Methylphenidate. I was on Vyvanse, but I switched due to side effects.

"my meds don't work as well and give me anxiety."
Get Amphetamine (Adderall, Vyanse etc)
if you haven't already as that is the most effective stim
And then simultaneously take a beta blocker like propranolol that should be highly effective on reducing anxiety

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and LooksmaxxHopeful
Does ADHD always make you forgetful? I have problems in focusing on tasks and always Hyperactive but memory is good. Idk if that's considered ADHD or not.

"my meds don't work as well and give me anxiety."
Get Amphetamine (Adderall, Vyanse etc)
if you haven't already as that is the most effective stim
And then simultaneously take a beta blocker like propranolol that should be highly effective on reducing anxiety

Yes...I'm on Methylphenidate. I was on Vyvanse, but I switched due to side effects.
I'm on Methylphenidate how does that compare with straight up adderall?

I'm on Methylphenidate how does that compare with straight up adderall?
Well the wanted effects are weaker in methylphenidate/ritalin
while simultaneously also being more adrenergic
Which can result in heightened anxiety/cortisol
Like i mentioned a beta blocker would help in reducing those adrenergic effects

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss, Alexanderr and Deleted member 11126
Yeah thats the biggest issue I run into. its so bad that if I had to give a presentation I would rather be off my meds. Like it makes me so on edge and anxious I'm not an anxious person off my adderall though which is the weirdest part.

Taking a beta blocker should also reduce the risks of cardiovascular complications as it reduces the increased heart rate and blood pressure from methylphenidate. It's a no-brainer essentially.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 11126 and Spiritualcell
Taking a beta blocker should also reduce the risks of cardiovascular complications as it reduces the increased heart rate and blood pressure from methylphenidate. It's a no-brainer essentially.
Is Guancaficine a betablocker?