Any anecdotal experiences on Minoxidil and Collagen?

Soalian

Soalian

Kraken
I'm considering starting a Minoxidil regimen, for receding temples, and maybe eyebrows as well.

I'm only put off by it's purported deleterious effects on collagen formation, which would obviously contribute to overall skin aging.

Should I still consider giving Minox a try, despite the evidence of it nuking collagen in some users?

I'm using it both on temples and for eyebrows. Started with eyebrows primarily, applying on beard area every third time as well. Haven't noticed any effect on collagen whatsoever, but maybe it's too early to say, or maybe I won't see shit because I also use tretinoin.

Anyway, tretmaxx.

minox ruined my life

• Hmm...
Reactions: .👽.
Started minoxidil liquid a year ago for 3 months had good results but my face got puffier and skin overall had less colour to it, main concern was the dark circles.

Stopped using it then everything got back to normal, same thing this year i started applying 2 months ago and got the same effects.

Thats my personal experience.

• +1
Reactions: ezio6
ive been using it for 2 months now and i have no sides beside headache for 2 or 3 days when i started

my personal experience.

1 year minox on scalp and temples.
2 months minoc on jawline erea, for beard growth

Collagen consequemces. I didn't notice any. And i am old, so I should had gotten collagen raped many times already.
I am though, high effort imo, in maintaining collagen and good skin.

I'm using it both on temples and for eyebrows. Started with eyebrows primarily, applying on beard area every third time as well. Haven't noticed any effect on collagen whatsoever, but maybe it's too early to say, or maybe I won't see shit because I also use tretinoin.

Anyway, tretmaxx.
So tretinoin will help counter the effect caused from Minoxidil? I am also interested in taking mino and still learning about it, im already tretmaxxing for over 9 months now

So tretinoin will help counter the effect caused from Minoxidil? I am also interested in taking mino and still learning about it, im already tretmaxxing for over 9 months now
Is damage from minox permanent? I have no idea.

I'm considering starting a Minoxidil regimen, for receding temples, and maybe eyebrows as well.

I'm only put off by it's purported deleterious effects on collagen formation, which would obviously contribute to overall skin aging.

Should I still consider giving Minox a try, despite the evidence of it nuking collagen in some users?
So, I’ve been using minoxidil on my eyebrows for about 7 weeks now? Might be 6 weeks, idk really remember tbh.

Anyway, in the first few weeks I was experiencing quite a bit of flaking skin in the areas I applied, my forehead skin become a bit worse as well, I got some more pimples.

Now though, I experience significantly less flaking and my forehead has turned back to normal. It’s still itchy though.

As for any improvements... My eyebrows have gotten a little thicker I guess? but not by much. Significant changes should be visible by week 8-12.

• +1
Reactions: WadlowMaxxing
Is damage from minox permanent? I have no idea.
Im asking about if tretinoin reduces/negates the effects of minoxidil, is this true from your experience?

• +1
Reactions: The Moggee
Im asking about if tretinoin reduces/negates the effects of minoxidil, is this true from your experience?
Thing is, I never noticed any damage from minoxidil. My skin is already bad and prone to acne so, while the alcohol obviously dried the skin, I can't say much about collagen. But I think it's not a big deal, really, especially if you tretmaxx.

• +1
Reactions: TyroneMognus
Ok so I'm holding off for the moment, I'm considering alternatives for eyebrow growth instead (applicable to haircels as well):

- Ghk-cu (topical)

- Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17

- Castor oil (oral)

Any other ideas?

my personal experience.

1 year minox on scalp and temples.
2 months minoc on jawline erea, for beard growth

Collagen consequemces. I didn't notice any. And i am old, so I should had gotten collagen raped many times already.
I am though, high effort imo, in maintaining collagen and good skin.

Anyway, tretmaxx.
All true, but I often see this fallacy being used on here, i.e. we can have the best of both worlds, by mitigating adverse side effects from said substance or supplement, or whatnot, with another counteracting substance, or other, so that's we don't have to make trade-offs in the end,

but, and this case is an example of that, maybe the use of tretinoin will help mitigate, or even negate altogether, the deleterious effects of Minoxidil on collagen, so that we can have our cake and eat it too, all the good without the bad,

but all in all it's yet another trade-off, because the beneficial effects a standalone Tretinoin regimen would have had on collagen, is in this case also mitigated by the concurrent use of Minoxidil, which may have adverse effects on collagen also,

thus countering the beneficial effects Tretinoin would have had on collagen if used alone, here it would only be able to keep collagen at normal levels, by antagonizing the action of Minoxidil;

being able to negate adverse or unwanted effects from a substance, is not an all-out win, when both substances are actually antagonizing each other in their effects, thus lowering some of the beneficial effects, in one way or another.

It's always a trade-off.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: TyroneMognus and beyourself
All true, but I often see this fallacy being used on here, i.e. we can have the best of both worlds, by mitigating adverse side effects from said substance or supplement, or whatnot, with another counteracting substance, or other, so that's we don't have to make trade-offs in the end,

but, and this case is an example of that, maybe the use of tretinoin will help mitigate, or even negate altogether, the deleterious effects of Minoxidil on collagen, so that we can have our cake and eat it too, all the good without the bad,

but all in all it's yet another trade-off, because the beneficial effects a standalone Tretinoin regimen would have had on collagen, is in this case also mitigated by the concurrent use of Minoxidil, which may have adverse effects on collagen also,

thus countering the beneficial effects Tretinoin would have had on collagen if used alone, here it would only be able to keep collagen at normal levels, by antagonizing the action of Minoxidil;

being able to negate adverse or unwanted effects from a substance, is not an all-out win, when both substances are actually antagonizing each other in their effects, thus lowering some of the beneficial effects, in one way or another.

It's always a trade-off.
Life is a scam. Have I said life is a scam?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8383644

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8112995

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8311472

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2826267

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2850865

So many studies it's getting harder to deny Minoxidil being bad for collagen.

I personally developed obvious forehead wrinkles and orange peel texture on the forehead area after starting minoxidil, but can't say for sure it was from that or from retinoid overuse. There's also the alcohol in it which can't be good for your skin because it's so drying.

Last edited:
I've been using minoxidil on my eyebrows since early August, pretty much every single day.
Haven't experienced any issues whatsoever.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11748
I've been using minoxidil on my eyebrows since early August, pretty much every single day.
Haven't experienced any issues whatsoever.
chad train ngl

• +1
Reactions: Gargantuan
Bump on my thread,

anyone has done Minox long enough that effects on collagen can be noticed or not ?