Any boxers/martial artists here?

D

Deleted member 12234

Latina Slayer Tyronelite
I've been recently curious about getting into boxing and mma lately. Even went as far as buying me some equipment and starting off with Youtube tutorials lol. So far I have a boxing bag ball, a reflex ball set, and some gloves. I wanted to try it out and get some advice before committing to an actual class/mma gym. So if there are any boxers/mma fighters here, i'm down for tips and suggestions.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and Deleted member 10987
What do you mean try it out? You cant unless you actually go to a class, most places have like first session free or taster so try that. IMO the best thing about fighting gyms/clubs is having a friend/friends who go there or get someone to join with you, trust it makes it 100x more fun and competitive.

• +1
Reactions: Growth Plate and SubhumanCurrycel
@goat2x n @Copemaxxing

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing, Deleted member 10987 and goat2x
i been boxing for a bit too and im kinda nice no lie. But I'm still relatively new

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
What do you mean try it out? You cant unless you actually go to a class, most places have like first session free or taster so try that. IMO the best thing about fighting gyms/clubs is having a friend/friends who go there or get someone to join with you, trust it makes it 100x more fun and competitive.
I meant try it out as in seeing which fighting style will fit me best since there are tons. Because what if I take a boxing class and dont like it and want to try something else.. etc. Right now I do alot of cardio and some lifting so I def have the stamina for it lol. But I get where you're coming from. I don't have any friends who're currently into fighting right now.

Nice. What type of boxing do you do?
whatchu mean? like my style?

I'm not deep enough in the sport to have solidified one specific style. And I wouldn't want to only fight in one style anyway. The way I practice boxing, I watch every type of fighter and take what I can from anyone. As of now, I just fight like any boxer starting out. Traditional stance, use my jab to enter. Catch n counter. I do well inside, cuz I got some good power.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: goat2x and Deleted member 12234
whatchu mean? like my style?

I'm not deep enough in the sport to have solidified one specific style. And I wouldn't want to only fight in one style anyway. The way I practice boxing, I watch every type of fighter and take what I can from anyone. As of now, I just fight like any boxer starting out
True that's kinda what i'm doing lol. I watch a shit ton of fights and see how people defend/attack.

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv
Home workouts and equipments only become avaiable once you spent years in the gym and know from and what your doing really

not being a scared pussy and having good cardio,strenght are the best things you can do any self taught things are basically meaningless (i know this first hand cuz my dad owns a boxing gym and there are ton of noobs who wanna do their thing like they think is ideal or good)

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing, Deleted member 12234, SubhumanCurrycel and 1 other person
True that's kinda what i'm doing lol. I watch a shit ton of fights and see how people defend/attack.
ideally you go to gym at some point cuz. Nothing can simulate a real fight. But I started out just shadow boxing and analyzing different fighters, literally breaking shit down frame by frame. And trying to mimic their styles.

I use to be obsessive about basketball and would be very meticulous with the way I practiced and I carried that over to boxing. It's worked out well so far cuz I'm doing better than niggas with more experience than me.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12234
ideally you go to gym at some point. But I started out just shadow boxing and analyzing different fighters, literally breaking shit down frame by frame. And trying to mimic their styles.

I use to be obsessive about basketball and would be very meticulous with the way I practiced and I carried that over to boxing. It's worked out well so far cuz I'm doing better than niggas with more experience than me.
The best way to get better at fighting is to actually fight. You can analyse stuff all day, but when it comes to being in a real fight, all of that shit goes out the window. Getting better cardio is the first step, you should be able to run at least 3 miles.

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv
I just do 12 rounds of sparring with my brother each week but thats it
Im a rookie lol

Just be in shape and not a lanklet to do MMA. So you can actually grapple without being ragdolled

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
The best way to get better at fighting is to actually fight. You can analyse stuff all day, but when it comes to being in a real fight, all of that shit goes out the window. Getting better cardio is the first step, you should be able to run at least 3 miles.
Yeah agreed. I’m at a gym now. I was just telling him how i got into it.

I wasn’t just analyzing tho tbh. For the first 2-3 months, all I really did was practice the basic punches and moving while punching. They have me doing the same stuff in the gym now that I used to do at home. And I do think that helped me tbh cuz I’m able to keep up with fighters that have more experience than me

OP in the ring like

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10987 and Offensive Bias

Users who are viewing this thread

Back