Reactions: Toth's thot, WadlowMaxxing, Entschuldigung and 3 others
eh.....
10448.jpg

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10987, thecel and doll
@thecel

• +1
Reactions: thecel
IPD is the hardest part of your skull to change.

Think about all the ways your skull can be affected during development:
  • Infant sleeping position affects head shape
  • Mouth breathing / mewing affects forward dentofacial growth and malocclusion
  • Chewing / sleeping more on one side than the other affects symmetry
These things can change your neurocranium shape, your jaw angle, your chin projection, your occlusal plane, the width of your palate, etc. — but if you think about all the forces you can exert on your skull, nothing really can change the IPD. If anything, one’s orbitals can only be compressed narrower but not expanded wider, so IPD can possibly be narrowed during development but not widened.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ungewist, rooman, Deleted member 10913 and 2 others

These things can change your neurocranium shape, your jaw angle, your chin projection, your occlusal plane, the width of your palate, etc. — but if you think about all the forces you can exert on your skull, nothing really can change the IPD. If anything, one’s orbitals can only be compressed narrower but not expanded wider, so IPD can possibly be narrowed during development but not widened.
whats the problem with cutting your skull between eyebrows and putting some kind of expander? the only real issue with this is that you need to stay at home for quite some time, like a month but its worth it

• +1
Reactions: Darkstrand and thecel

What are somethings that can make ipd narrower? my left pupil is closer to the middle of my face than my right, and that side is also more recessed. Is there a relationship between ipd and forward growth?

• +1
What are somethings that can make ipd narrower? my left pupil is closer to the middle of my face than my right, and that side is also more recessed. Is there a relationship between ipd and forward growth?
I dunno if IPD is related to forward growth, but Mike Mew said there’s a relationship between IPD and bite strength.

I don’t know about any things that can make IPD narrower. I think it’s easier to narrow one’s IPD during development as opposed to widening, cus a compression force pushing the sides of the orbitals inward is physically possible whereas an expansion force pulling the orbital rims outwards is a bit far-fetched.

• +1
Reactions: Lmao
I dunno if IPD is related to forward growth, but Mike Mew said there’s a relationship between IPD and bite strength.

I don’t know about any things that can make IPD narrower. I think it’s easier to narrow one’s IPD during development as opposed to widening, cus a compression force pushing the sides of the orbitals inward is physically possible whereas an expansion force pulling the orbital rims outwards is a bit far-fetched.
I dont think that there should be something that can consistently put enough force on the orbitals to narrow ones ipd tho. im not sure if im correct tho

• +1
I dont think that there should be something that can consistently put enough force on the orbitals to narrow ones ipd tho. im not sure if im correct tho
This is just a wild guess, but maybe sleeping on your side with your head rotated too much into the pillow might put enough pressure on your orbitals to narrow them or prevent them from growing to their maximum genetic width.

Maybe we should sleep on our backs or on our sides with our faces off the pillow like this…

…instead of on our sides with our heads turned into the pillow like this…

…since the latter may cause orbital narrowing

but again, this is only a completely uneducated guess

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27660, n0rthface, Deleted member 10987 and 2 others
perhaps maybe i guess. neither of us know enough to have an opinion that matters so idk

• +1

how about any surgeries?

• +1
Reactions: CommonFag, Darkstrand and thecel
Orbital expansion surgery for small changes. Orbital box osteotomy for big changes.
@doll look up the surgery, not worth it

• Hmm...
Reactions: Darkstrand
Yes, orbital compression theory. Yesterday I read a study that people with bulging eyes resulting from thyroid disease have had orbital decompression, aka they removed bone and fat tissue behind their eyeballs to allow them to sit further back, which as a consequence reduced IPD by 2.5 mms on avg. Now, if you could find a fucked up enough surgeon to give you the opposite...

• +1
Reactions: Need2Ascend and Deleted member 7098
Yes, orbital compression theory. Yesterday I read a study that people with bulging eyes resulting from thyroid disease have had orbital decompression, aka they removed bone and fat tissue behind their eyeballs to allow them to sit further back, which as a consequence reduced IPD by 2.5 mms on avg. Now, if you could find a fucked up enough surgeon to give you the opposite...
how are thyroid disease linked to bug eyes? german-brother

If your ipd is a huge failo, consider OBO, its an insane surgery that could ascend nearly every eye area and forbidding the ipd it isnt that risky

• +1
how are thyroid disease linked to bug eyes? german-brother
Not a clue, all I know is some issue with your thyroid can cause overgrown eye muscles, so your eyes bulge out. They don't reduce the muscle to fix the bulging eyes tho, but they remove tissue behind the eye globe (eyeball) to let it sit further back. Now, if you could put an implant behind your eyes... this might increase the IPD. Of course no surgeon would do this, because it's risky af to fuck around the eye nerve just for aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098
Not a clue, all I know is some issue with your thyroid can cause overgrown eye muscles, so your eyes bulge out. They don't reduce the muscle to fix the bulging eyes tho, but they remove tissue behind the eye globe (eyeball) to let it sit further back. Now, if you could put an implant behind your eyes... this might increase the IPD. Of course no surgeon would do this, because it's risky af to fuck around the eye nerve just for aesthetics.
But unless you have a legit disease causing your eyes to pop out insanely, bug eyes are usually cause by the lack of orbital bones and fat tissue in the eyelids

• +1
Reactions: n0rthface and Deleted member 7098
Sinn claims mfl3 can increase ipd up to 6mm

• Woah
Sinn claims mfl3 can increase ipd up to 6mm
to be honest, sinn says a lot of things
we haven’t seen it done ever before. did he explain how this could happen?

orbital expansion in korea is also an option

• +1
can someone tell me wat ipd is

• +1
Making your nose bridge wider and less defined and making your eye brows further apart can give the appearance of a wider IPD

• +1
Reactions: thecel and LebenistneHure
Making your nose bridge wider and less defined and making your eye brows further apart can give the appearance of a wider IPD
i disagree. it’s always obvious when you have close set eyes and far apart eyebrows that there’s disharmony.

when your eyebrows are longer it can mitigate the look of close set eyes - example: Chase Crawford and Zac Efron

So deeper-set eyes are usually closer set? Kind of makes sense from what I've seen

i disagree. it’s always obvious when you have close set eyes and far apart eyebrows that there’s disharmony.

when your eyebrows are longer it can mitigate the look of close set eyes - example: Chase Crawford and Zac Efron
Yes having long brows on the outer part will make them look more wide set