anybody else super empathetic?

D

Deleted member 6423

Diamond
I think I am more empathetic compared to most within my demographic but even generally, as a man does this mean I don’t have an androgenic mind?
i’m just now entering adulthood now though

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126, Deleted member 15884, Deleted member 5189 and 7 others
Yes. I am super empathetic. It sucks so much because I always end up putting other peoples interests above mine which ends up fucking me over.

I'm slowly becoming less empathetic as I get older though.

• +1
Reactions: falcon1, AlwaysHaveQuestions, Deleted member 756 and 4 others
Nope idk why

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8244 and Deleted member 6423
yes, it's a mark of high intelligience

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3573, ChristianChad, Deleted member 5189 and 4 others
Yes. I am super empathetic. It sucks so much because I always end up putting other peoples interests above mine which ends up fucking me over.

yes me too, i’m becoming less empathetic as I age but at the same time I don’t know if I want to become too psychopathic

yes me too, i’m becoming less empathetic as I age but at the same time I don’t know if I want to become too psychopathic
I would much rather be a total psychopath than be very empathetic.

• +1
Reactions: falcon1, hennypapi and Deleted member 6423
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14978
I can understand that tbh but I feel like empaths are better for society
Better for society, not for you.

I’ve personally encountered it so many times in my life. I help people without expecting anything in return, but when I ask for their help at some point it’s always a no. People just wanna use you. It makes me cynical.

• +1
Reactions: falcon1, R@m@, klamus and 7 others
Better for society, not for you.

I’ve personally encountered it so many times in my life. I help people without expecting anything in return, but when I ask for their help at some point it’s always a no. People just wanna use you. It makes me cynical.
I understand you completely but I also regularly think about how good it would feel to have a friend group entirely composed of people like us, it would be so refreshing + personally I would definitely try to hangout with my friends more jfl I dislike hanging out with my bro’s because they always find a way to annoy me

I understand you completely but I also regularly think about how good it would feel to have a friend group entirely composed of people like us, it would be so refreshing + personally I would definitely try to hangout with my friends more jfl I dislike hanging out with my bro’s because they always find a way to annoy me
That’s why I cut off all the toxic friends I had. I was just thinking about this today when I felt like I should have a friend group but then I realized that I am better off without one than one which doesn’t positively affect me and just brings me down. Cons are that I don’t really have a lot of people that I can do the stuff the NT friend groups do, but it’s a sacrifice you need to make.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423
I don’t understand how you can be empathetic and find yourself here

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14918 and Deleted member 6423
Be less empathetic, too much empathy is a detriment just like how not having enough is.

• +1
I think I am more empathetic compared to most within my demographic but even generally, as a man does this mean I don’t have an androgenic mind?
Me 2

• +1
When you are likely in an atomized environment with a surplus of unused empathy which makes it appear as if you have more empathy. Humans were never supposed to live in globalized environment and empathy would have been spent on the local tribe. Its a bit of an illusion, you just have alot of stored empathy but are you able to act on it?

Gen-Z has been deprived of natural conditions more than any other generation (so far.) Empathy is not feminine, most leaders throughout history did what they did for empathic reasons it is very masculine.

• Woah
I don’t understand how you can be empathetic and find yourself here
even though people will claim this is an incel forum I don’t see it as one, the kind of information on this forum is stuff that any guy will find interesting

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Tallooksmaxxer, Preoximerianas and 2 others
Same tbh, but in the last ~2 years I got less empathetic because of the blackpill unironically and going through lots of trouble myself. I still could never hurt or be genuinely mean to others for no reason but I just don't care as much anymore and focus mainly on myself before anyone else

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 6423
even though people will claim this is an incel forum I don’t see it as one, the kind of information on this forum is stuff that any guy will find interesting
It's for real the best information source on the whole planet

• +1
yea it made me hate interacting with other people

• +1
  • Woah
Pretty sure you aren't and most of this thread arent

• +1
Unfortunately yes, this has only harmed me throughout my life

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 6423
I was. I came through that. But still have that spirit in myself tho.

• +1
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and Need2Ascend
It literally means you're brainwashed it's got nothing to do with intelligence
Probably a correlation, but not a causality. Assassins, raped, drug dealers, usually have low empathy and low iq

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 3573, Deleted member 6423 and Need2Ascend
Probably a correlation, but not a causality. Assassins, raped, drug dealers, usually have low empathy and low iq
And then there are also some high iq people with the empathy of a stone tbh(just study any stem field). I'm really not sure whats the reason for it, except a certain brain region thats probably more or less developed individually

• +1
And then there are also some high iq people with the empathy of a stone tbh(just study any stem field). I'm really not sure whats the reason for it, except a certain brain region thats probably more or less developed individually
No, these people only have 0 social skills, they wouldn't be able to inflict damage on other people.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and Need2Ascend
No

:lul::lul::lul:

Caring about other people is the equivalent to sucking their toes when they wouldn’t do the same back

• Hmm...
I'm overly passive, emphatic, and agreeable
I.E low T cuck

• So Sad

This forum is possibly one of the best forums I have ever come onto because of the information, cannot find this shit anywhere else on the internet unless you want to go through hundreds of pages of obscure research studies. At least compared to the advice I would get form mainstream subreddits on Reddit this is an absolute blessing.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest, Deleted member 6423 and klamus
No, these people only have 0 social skills, they wouldn't be able to inflict damage on other people.
I wouldnt say empathy just means that you dont hurt others though.
I mean they cant put themselves into other shoes really, while people with high empathy can read others like open books

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15884 and Deleted member 6423
Yeah, not toward soys though.

Soys are lowest vermin

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15884
This forum is possibly one of the best forums I have ever come onto because of the information, cannot find this shit anywhere else on the internet unless you want to go through hundreds of pages of obscure research studies. At least compared to the advice I would get form mainstream subreddits on Reddit this is an absolute blessing.
RayPeatForum.com
I can link you stuff that is so HQ you won't believe it comes from a forum

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Lawton88 and Preoximerianas
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
RayPeatForum.com
I can link you stuff that is so HQ you won't believe it comes from a forum
I always leave that forum feeling as if i’ve just left a psych ward jfl I haven’t been on there much but the few times have turned me off from that forum completely tbh

• JFL
Link it man, always after HIQ/HQ brain fuel.

Read through this: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/the-japanese-paradox.22051/
Fucking thread man, they analyse studies come to conclusions. There are 100s of threads like this.
I used to have them bookmarked so I lost the really good ones
These are ones I found through Google

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Preoximerianas and Deleted member 6423
I always leave that forum feeling as if i’ve just left a psych ward jfl I haven’t been on there much but the few times have turned me off from that forum completely tbh
It's weird af if you don't "get it"
I can definitely see how you would be turned off from it
But there are some really, really smart users there.
Idk how to explain it
I came there back in 2019 with the desire to cure my Hypothyroidism so I went through all the shit and I finally feel well and have gathered up a shit ton of knowledge

I came in knowing basic Endocrinology at 13 from Lookism.net (jfl), like Testosterone being able to either turn to Estrogen or DHT, to have MD level knowledge

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and Deleted member 15884
even if it isn't it's a good trait to have if it makes you likeable (but not if you get people to walk all over you).
I'm not sure if I am empathetic if I can't personally relate to something

• +1
It's weird af if you don't "get it"
I can definitely see how you would be turned off from it
But there are some really, really smart users there.
Idk how to explain it
I came there back in 2019 with the desire to cure my Hypothyroidism so I went through all the shit and I finally feel well and have gathered up a shit ton of knowledge

I came in knowing basic Endocrinology at 13 from Lookism.net (jfl), like Testosterone being able to either turn to Estrogen or DHT, to have MD level knowledge
It has a lot of information sure, but a lot is unverified and not necessarily going to be super applicable - say ice hooding or heightmaxxing with dna methylation or certain diets

• +1
say ice hooding or heightmaxxing with dna methylation or certain diets
But you gotta understand this is not PSL science
They talk some legit shit there
And many people improve physical and mental alignments of all kinds with the help of the forum
That's what sets it for me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15884
But you gotta understand this is not PSL science
They talk some legit shit there
And many people improve physical and mental alignments of all kinds with the help of the forum
That's what sets it for me
yeah but taking information as face value isn't the best approach tbhh a lot of the shit that's said is false BUT a lot of the advice and ideas are legit so you need to be able to scour through the mess

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423 and ChristianChad
I was when I was a little kid. I haven't had empathy since I was 12 tough. I feel sympathy but I can't feel empathy hardly at all.

I don't know how you regain this ability or if it's even possible. The only person right now that I care about a great deal is my father. Other people I still like them but it's like I could move on if they disappeared I would be sad for a week.
but do you still feel emotions vicariously with others?
for example I just watched a youtube video that’s like a dating show where a group of guys have to go on a “date” with a single girl and they were all making fun of the girl because she was kinda weird looking and you could tell she was getting emotional the whole time and eventually she stormed off the set and I felt super bad while the guys were still cracking jokes about her being ugly

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
To all super empathetic folks, You need to man up. Your number 1 reason for being super empathetic is being afraid of consequences which caused by other people when you don't be super empathetic. Dont be afraid. Put yourself first all the time.

• Woah
To all super empathetic folks, You need to man up. Your number 1 reason for being super empathetic is being afraid of consequences which caused by other people when you don't be super empathetic. Dont be afraid. Put yourself first all the time.
where did you find that out?

I would probably laugh lol. I mean I feel bad for people all the time but I don't feel their emotions unless if it's something I went through. Like if someone had a similarly bad situation to me then I can tie it back to how I feel. But I can't manufacturer those feelings out of nowhere. If I ever act empathetic it is usually just to conform or ease the other persons mind I say the phrase "yeah I understand how you feel man" but I really do not care or understand beyond feeling bad or uncomfortable when other people feel bad.

I can I guess feel empathy in limited capacities but usually it is inorganic and not something I do without reason or purpose. I can understand why someone is upset and I feel bad for them but I myself do not feel bad unless if someone says something that happened directly to me it doesn't trigger me to feel what they feel.

Empathy is feeling someone elses pain sympathy is understanding someone elses pain. I cannot feel others pain unless if it is something I went through myself. I can obviously pretend and mimic empathy but it is not real. I still do care about people though.
either i’m not as empathetic as I think I am or you have a different view of empathy from me but when I feel bad for someone for something that happened to them I don’t feel the negative emotion nearly to the same extent they felt it. it’s not as if I feel like my own pet died if my close friends does, I won’t even ruminate on the event too much, it’s just that when I do hear about it or it comes into my thoughts I will feel a shallow feeling of sorrow.

and empathy doesn’t just relate to negative emotions, do you not feel super excited when a character in a show you enjoy triumphs?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
Hey bro, is that a joke or do you actually have an above 1.9 fwhr because barrets is 1.9 are you sure you are measuring correctly?

@Amnesia

• +1
I am weird mix of very empathic and sociopathic-ish at the same time. For example, at a recent family party I felt the (emotional) need to make sure there weren't people just sitting alone by themselves, feeling like outsiders (probably because I know how shitty that feels). But I couldn't care less about people from third world countries, refugees, the homeless etc.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6423, Need2Ascend and Deleted member 5786