Anyone done an FME expansion yet? There's a few providers offering the lower TAD versions now

A

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOP

Iron
Title.

Supposed to be "better" than other expanders, but I fail to see how it doesn't have the same problems or have any screw drag

The current version Newaz and others offer, as far as I know, is a 6-tad version and they're coming out with 8 and 10 tad versions.

Sounds like more airway focused orthodontistry bs to me with another marketed device that flops and causes asymmetry

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
these expanders only help with palate width, allowing you to breathe better and also helping with facial aesthetics BUT your maxilla is 3 dimensional and can move up, down, left and right. If you have a recessed/downward maxilla then you need to push UP to reverse this effect. The expanders cannot push upwards. I recommend you thumbpull and mew. It would be very very difficult to mew when you have an expander on your palate.

Last edited:
  • +1
these expanders only help with palate width, allowing you to breathe better and also helping with facial aesthetics BUT your maxilla is 3 dimensional and can move up, down, left and right. If you have a recessed/downward maxilla then you need to push UP to reverse this effect. The expanders cannot push upwards. I recommend you thumbpull and mew. It would be very very difficult to mew when you have an expander on your palate.
Mewing is for kids.

Adults are fused. I'm not debating Mike mew validity lol.

You are correct - that's what's CCW is for - as you noted it's 3D lateral expansion comes first

• +1
Mewing is for kids.

You are correct - that's what's CCW is for - as you noted it's 3D lateral expansion comes first
posture is for chad . recessedcels cant have good posture

everything is cope . has thumbpulling & mewing made maxilla go upward ?

Mewing is for kids.

Mewing will have a greater effect on kids but it does work for adults, it just takes much longer.

If maxillary suture fusion indefinitely stops the effects of mewing then why did Stephen Hawking's face become like that?
His face literally scrunched up like a piece of paper, why? It's because he was paralysed and couldn't control any of his muscles, this includes the muscles in his face. As a result his maxilla dropped along with his mandible and his face essentially melted.

Mewing does work for adults, it just takes time and nobody is patient enough to do it. I'm 20 now and I should hope to see good results by the time i'm 24/25 with thumbpulling + mewing.

tongue posture does hold up the maxilla over time, yes. This is why mouth breathers look worse on average, there is no lip competence and tongue posture.

Mewing will have a greater effect on kids but it does work for adults, it just takes much longer.

If maxillary suture fusion indefinitely stops the effects of mewing then why did Stephen Hawking's face become like that?
His face literally scrunched up like a piece of paper, why? It's because he was paralysed and couldn't control any of his muscles, this includes the muscles in his face. As a result his maxilla dropped along with his mandible and his face essentially melted.

Mewing does work for adults, it just takes time and nobody is patient enough to do it. I'm 20 now and I should hope to see good results by the time i'm 24/25 with thumbpulling + mewing.
Explain to me, physiologically, how your tongue is exerting force strong enough to overcome the fused plates that are strong enough to bend titanium and other alloy fabrications when force is dumped into them in an attempt to split said sutures

Your statement with hawking has zero correlation to this and is a conflation

Explain to me, physiologically, how your tongue is exerting force strong enough to overcome the fused plates that are strong enough to bend titanium and other alloy fabrications when force is dumped into them in an attempt to split said sutures

Overtime muscles will always win. Your tongue exerting force for x amount of years will have an effect on the maxilla.
fused plates that are strong enough to bend titanium and other alloy fabrications when force is dumped into them in an attempt to split said sutures
Bends titanium? really now:LOL:. If your god-like sutures are so strong then why use a palate expander as you mentioned in your original post? wouldn't it just snap the sutures over time instead of moving them? you're making it seem like your sutures are ceramic or something. Your sutures aren't the same as the bone you see in your craniofacial structure, they are much more vulnerable.

Palate expander applies x amount of force to separate the palatine suture. Your tongue can do the same, just at a slower rate whilst also applying force upwards. Thumbpulling applies MORE force than the expansion devices too, obviously can't be done constantly but can definitely speed up the suture separation when coupled with mewing.

As for Hawking, his maxilla and mandible DROPPED because there is no MUSCLE holding them up right, overtime they follow gravity and caused the face of Hawking that we all saw. He became paralysed at age 21 which is past the age of suture fusion. How is this conflation?

thumb pulling is legit, its fucking amazing. ive seen results in 2 months

• +1
Reactions: ducksoover
tongue posture does hold up the maxilla over time, yes. This is why mouth breathers look worse on average, there is no lip competence and tongue posture.
tongue posture is cope . i mean it that posture is for chad . ive tried to posturemax as a recessed incel its impossible my entire body is too deformed

thumb pulling is legit, its fucking amazing. ive seen results in 2 months
i havent shortend midface with any amount of shirtclenching . over for long face

i havent shortend midface with any amount of shirtclenching . over for long face
i’ve seen forward growth, mid face shortening is almost impossible without surgery. over for horsecels 😢

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back