Anyone else here grew up with a father but not a father figure?

Lovecraftscat

Lovecraftscat

Bronze
I feel bad for bashing out against my father behind his back, but somehow I was never able to respect him, he didn't achieve anything in his life, is fat asf and ungroomed, never taught me anything useful at all, and is completely wimp who complains about petty things, literally cries at minor things. Possibly actually non-NT. All in all very low test, what people would refer to as a manchild/soyboy online.

Because of this, I fail to connect with him, I feel bad for it, but I have 0 connection with him, I don't really talk to him or anything. I also think that this is the reason why I am so high inhib and non-NT, because I never had one who would teach me basic social skills.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this?

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: isis_Bleach, ProBono, OldRooster and 1 other person
my dad is a mogger who didnt achieve his potential but i will forever see him at his prime insane indo afghan mogger

• JFL
Reactions: isis_Bleach
dont want to hate on my father but kinda...

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
dont want to hate on my father but kinda...
Yeah, my mom is much better, but she was sitll kinda overprotective and over-nurturing, I think this is also why I am so lazy and high-inhib nowadays

• So Sad
Reactions: Gothboi
my dad is a mogger who didnt achieve his potential but i will forever see him at his prime insane indo afghan mogger
My father looks like a fat version of Henry Cavil, I honestly think he would be quite GL if he wasn't fat

• +1
Reactions: Roninotrolling
My father looks like a fat version of Henry Cavil, I honestly think he would be quite GL if he wasn't fat
modern society doesnt give a platform for people of higher genetic stock anyway, i wouldnt dwell on it too much. Im just happy his blood runs through my veins

modern society doesnt give a platform for people of higher genetic stock anyway, i wouldnt dwell on it too much. Im just happy his blood runs through my veins
I look more like my mom, she had a very wide face, when she was younger she had the most prominent cheekbones I have ever seen, more so than JB. Unfortunately, I am boneless however

• +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach
my dad was a bit of a retard, descended prettyboy who went through two marriages, became a heavy drinker and almost got violent, killed himself when i was 12

I inherited zero of his abused dog syndrome however because I mog him thoroughly, low T trait if you need a father figure :pepefrown:

• So Sad
Reactions: Lovecraftscat
My dad is the complete opposite and I can’t connect with him at all so that might not be the reason

• So Sad
Reactions: Lovecraftscat
Most fathers are like that, just like how the majority of people are pretty bland and unremarkable, very few are actually mentors or inspirational figures...

• +1
Reactions: FIuffy
JFL at people who think their Dads needed to act like Andrew Tate or Hamza to toughen them up as teenagers :lul:

JFL at people who think their Dads needed to act like Andrew Tate or Hamza to toughen them up as teenagers :lul:
no they just think their dad shouldnt ignore them and also be a complete failure who never made any money

I just want a dad who does says and teaches me smart stuff like the mentors in anime