Anyone ever deal with self sabotaging OCD?

Z

zuxo

Iron
Feel like my OCD is so demotivating. Finally started improving my looks a bit. Now my brain self sabotaging me, making me think improving my looks would ruin my quality of life even though deep down I know its not true. Anyone ever deal with shit like this? sort of intrusive thinking trying to convince you to not do something you know is good for you.

Be rational about it. Explain to yourself why being better looking makes you have a better life, even if you have that intrusive thought that says otherwise.

• +1
Reactions: raabla, geenk worg and zuxo
Be rational about it. Explain to yourself why being better looking makes you have a better life, even if you have that intrusive thought that says otherwise.
ive been doing that and its honestly been working great (being rational about it). But then sometimes ill think "how will I know I wont feel just as good/confident if I was less attractive". And then i'd think that the only way to figure out that's the case is if I purposely make myself less attractive.

ive been doing that and its honestly been working great (being rational about it). But then sometimes ill think "how will I know I wont feel just as good/confident if I was less attractive". And then i'd think that the only way to figure out that's the case is if I purposely make myself less attractive.
Compare now to the future.
Just because you might not be any more confident when you're more attractive, doesn't mean there's not other material benefits to being good looking.

• +1
Reactions: zuxo
Compare now to the future.
Just because you might not be any more confident when you're more attractive, doesn't mean there's not other material benefits to being good looking.
that makes sense, thank you. Appreciate it alot.

• Love it
Reactions: aids