Anyone fix an underbite with thumbpulling?

LoveAllRaces

LoveAllRaces

Iron
Anyone know if this is possible

I assume by thumbpulling you mean mewing. No, mewing will not help your underbite. The only thing that fixes underbites and overbites is just some really serious dentistry or surgery. I don't know what kind of insurance plan you're on, but if you can somehow prove that your underbite is an actual hazard to your health (which most of the time it is) then your insurance should cover it.

In the meantime, the only thing you can do is chew gum and make sure you're not mouthbreathing (literally, make sure you breathe mostly through your nose). These things won't fix your underbite, but it will at least strengthen your jaws and make your chin more defined.

• +1
Reactions: LoveAllRaces
You pull on the soft palate straight forward? Or 45 degree angle outward? Did you use any specific guides? I have a very slight underbite so I don't think it should require surgery. It's just some bottom teeth very very slightly forward so it looks weird, it looks like they line up when I smile though, ideally the upper teeth should be more forward then rn.

I assume by thumbpulling you mean mewing. No, mewing will not help your underbite. The only thing that fixes underbites and overbites is just some really serious dentistry or surgery. I don't know what kind of insurance plan you're on, but if you can somehow prove that your underbite is an actual hazard to your health (which most of the time it is) then your insurance should cover it.

In the meantime, the only thing you can do is chew gum and make sure you're not mouthbreathing (literally, make sure you breathe mostly through your nose). These things won't fix your underbite, but it will at least strengthen your jaws and make your chin more defined.
No thumbpulling is putting your thumbs in the soft palate and pushing intensely to induce maxilla expansion. Ideally you would do maybe 30 min of this a day, I see some threads on this but I was asking to see if it would fix a slight underbite. My underbite isn't severe and was "fixed" it's just a cosmetic thing, I also have a recessed maxilla but I don't think insurance would cover that. I would love to chew gum more but I get TMJ pain when I chew carrots 40 minutes a day :forcedsmile: :forcedsmile:

I used a method I created myself. I can give you a full guide for 49.99$ but here's an overview:

I used my thumbs to thumbpush a reciprocating saw into my maxilla to perform a Lefort 1 osteotomy, and then thumbpulled it into perfect occlusion.

View attachment 2480489 View attachment 2480494
mirin low inhib diy lefort theory but my underbite isn't severe and Allah SWT forbade unnecessary mutilation so I could not argue it was for a health reason

• JFL
Reactions: Quachil and Deleted member 3105