anyone gotten facemask?

S

sub5inchcel

Kraken
not cream but orhthodontic qppliance, and did it give you ccw rotation and shit?

impossible as an adult only for 8 yr olds

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: copemaxxeer and sub5inchcel
There were monkey studies done that achieved CCW in adult monkeys so it should work in human adults as well. If it works in a child is should work in an adult. Differences are in the state of sutures, skullmass, and rate of bone remodeling. The large your skull the harder it will be.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: thereallegend and sub5inchcel
There were monkey studies done that achieved CCW in adult monkeys so it should work in human adults as well. If it works in a child is should work in an adult. Differences are in the state of sutures, skullmass, and rate of bone remodeling. The large your skull the harder it will be.
this+mse/obo and ill be chadpreet

@Silver You deleted our conversation and I don't remember what you mentioned to me about using FM for a CCW, could you remember me? :unsure::unsure: Please!

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel and mvp2v1
Where will you get your OBO? I may or may not need one... I think dr sin in the US does it for 50k.
there is also dr wolfe maybe it could be that he is retiring i read something like that on jawsurgeryforums

• So Sad
Reactions: mvp2v1
@Silver You deleted our conversation and I don't remember what you mentioned to me about using FM for a CCW, could you remember me? :unsure::unsure: Please!
What I said in our conversation was that CCWr is NOT achieveable through the use of facemask and is only a pipe dream. You can only achieve linear advancement of about 2-3mm at most and if any rotation occurs, it will always be clockwise (CWr).

• +1
Reactions: ascension!, sub5inchcel, thereallegend and 1 other person
What I said in our conversation was that CCWr is NOT achieveable through the use of facemask and is only a pipe dream. You can only achieve linear advancement of about 2-3mm at most and if any rotation occurs, it will always be clockwise (CWr).
That's what Jaw Hacks said too.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Do incisor chewing for CCW maxillary rotation.

• Woah
will it fix recession tho?

High cheekbone face-pull could hypothetically give CCW

• JFL
And how could I achieve a CCWr / what are the possibilities without the need to proceed surgically? :unsure:

• Hmm...
Reactions: sub5inchcel
will it fix recession tho?
You are getting 2-3mm advancement at the A-point at maximum. First and foremost, to even achieve any type of maxillary advancement through the use of any protracting masks you'll need the pterygomaxillary sutures to split as they act as the point of resistance at the back of the maxilla. Either you weaken them by scoring them surgically or you can completely cut it off so it becomes lose. You can have it surgically weakened like mentioned or if you're lucky the extruding forces from a skeletally-borne appliance such as the MSE will extrude enough forces into the maxilla that it'll disjunct the pterygomaxillary sutures. Only now will you be able to achieve advancement of the maxilla.
And how could I achieve a CCWr / what are the possibilities without the need to proceed surgically? :unsure:
Absolutely not, the maxilla is in the way. You can't simply achieve CCWr when there is bone in the way. Surgical intervention is your only bet.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, ChristianChad and sub5inchcel
You are getting 2-3mm advancement at the A-point at maximum. First and foremost, to even achieve any type of maxillary advancement through the use of any protracting masks you'll need the pterygomaxillary sutures to split as they act as the point of resistance at the back of the maxilla. Either you weaken them by scoring them surgically or you can completely cut it off so it becomes lose. You can have it surgically weakened like mentioned or if you're lucky the extruding forces from a skeletally-borne appliance such as the MSE will extrude enough forces into the maxilla that it'll disjunct the pterygomaxillary sutures. Only now will you be able to achieve advancement of the maxilla.

Absolutely not, the maxilla is in the way. You can't simply achieve CCWr when there is bone in the way. Surgical intervention is your only bet.
What do you think about BAMP? :unsure:

Don't see how FM can cause CCW rotation

I still don't understand why it would be CW, it doesn't make sense.

I still don't understand why it would be CW, it doesn't make sense.

Made you this illustration in hopes of you understanding. The most "likely" outcome of facemask advancement of the A-point is usually linear. If any rotation happens it'll be CWr as explained by the illustration and it'll be by very small margins which likely won't throw off the bite as mandible can reposition to allow for it.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
View attachment 1847587

Made you this illustration in hopes of you understanding. The most "likely" outcome of facemask advancement of the A-point is usually linear. If any rotation happens it'll be CWr as explained by the illustration and it'll be by very small margins which likely won't throw off the bite as mandible can reposition to allow for it.
after doing this, cant meeing give ccw rotatiin, sincr upward + forward
View attachment 1847587

is thus bad? getting cw? die sut uncrease nose kength?

after doing this, cant meeing give ccw rotatiin, sincr upward + forward
No, stop coping with mewing.
is thus bad? getting cw? die sut uncrease nose kength?
it's such a small amount of CWr that it'll probably do nothing. since it's combined with advancing the a-point at the same time you'll most likely see no changes in the nose except maybe widening of the alar base. 2-3mm a-point advancement is nothing so should be safe. I would never cope with facemask.

• +1