Anyone have to safety profile for Oral minox?

Norwegian LTN

Norwegian LTN

Iron
And is there additional risk of using topical minox oraly?

IMO the best thing to do is to try oral minoxidil for yourself and see how you react to it. If you get side effects lower the dose or stop and if you don't get sides than great continue. Trial and error is the best method to looksmax. Reading about side effects and overthinking is a sure fire way to not ascend.

I personally started taking topical minoxidil orally for about a week and I have 0 side effects. absolutely nothing. I take 5mg minox daily.

Here's how to properly dose topical minoxidil orally.

- Get a syringe or something to measure 1ml of fluid
- Get a dropper
- Get 5% topical minoxidil

Step 1: Put the minoxidil fluid into your dropper
Step 2: Use the dropper to put minoxidil into the syringe and count the drops till you hit 1ml

Most droppers either have 20 drops for 1ml or 40 drops for 1ml. 1ml of 5% topical minoxidil has 50mg of minoxidil.

So if you dropper has 20 drops for 1 ml, one drop contains 2.5mg minoxidil. In that case drink 1-2 drops a day (2.5-5mg minox). Put a drop in your mouth and swallow down with water.

If your dropper has 40 drops for 1 ml, one drop contains 1.25mg minoxidil. In that case drink 2-4 drops a day (2.5-5mg minox).

Take minox and see if you get side effects (most common sides are heart palpitations, lower blood pressure, etc.)

If you do well with 5mg minoxidil a day, keep going. If you get side effects lower to 2.5mg a day and see if anything changes.

Anecdotally, the vast majority of people have 0 side effects taking topical minoxidil orally at 2.5mg/day, and only some experience side effects at 5mg/day.

Hope this helps

• +1
Reactions: Norwegian LTN
Looksmaxxing isn't free. Most effective looksmaxxing methods like taking minoxidil involve chemicals. You're trading a part of your health for improving your looks. You have to decide for yourself if you think it's worth it. Personally, I get no side effects from minoxidil so far. I still know that it's not great for your heart but I don't have noticeable side effects so I stick with it. That's how I look at it.

Also if you use minoxidil for a good while you can usually drastically lower your dosage or only take minox 3 days a week and still maintain the hair gains. And after 2-3 years when eyebrow/eyelash hairs become terminal you could even stop taking it and they will stay if brows/lashes are your goal

• +1
Reading about side effects and overthinking is a sure fire way to not ascend
I get your point, but I think you should always look at the negatives and the positives.
Is it worth having better lashes and brows if it fucks up your androgen receptors, the answer would be different for different people.

With that being said I appreciate the well written response and will get dropper and syringe.

Thank you

Looksmaxxing isn't free. Most effective looksmaxxing methods like taking minoxidil involve chemicals. You're trading a part of your health for improving your looks. You have to decide for yourself if you think it's worth it. Personally, I get no side effects from minoxidil so far. I still know that it's not great for your heart but I don't have noticeable side effects so I stick with it. That's how I look at it.

Also if you use minoxidil for a good while you can usually drastically lower your dosage or only take minox 3 days a week and still maintain the hair gains. And after 2-3 years when eyebrow/eyelash hairs become terminal you could even stop taking it and they will stay if brows/lashes are your goal
I am getting a blood pressure monitor just to be safe, but my biggest scare is if it bad for your androgen receptors and you will feel low T

I am getting a blood pressure monitor just to be safe, but my biggest scare is if it bad for your androgen receptors and you will feel low T
I'm not an expert but from what I know minoxidil really only affects your blood pressure/cardiovascular system and doesn't block DHT like finasteride does. It still may slightly harm testosterone though, it's possible of course.

• +1
I'm not an expert but from what I know minoxidil really only affects your blood pressure/cardiovascular system and doesn't block DHT like finasteride does. It still may slightly harm testosterone though, it's possible of course.
Its true it doesn't block DHT, but I read about it possibly worsen androgen receptors meaning your test cant work as effectively

Its true it doesn't block DHT, but I read about it possibly worsen androgen receptors meaning your test cant work as effectively
That may be true, I don't really know.

If you really don't want to mess with oral minoxidil you could try:

- topical minoxidil on eyebrows
- an eyelash growth serum (from the ordinary or another brand)

Topical minox has less sides and lash growth serum can have some side effects but not dangerous. It can in some people cause discoloration on eyelids or fat loss around the eyes but the lash serum from the brand 'the ordinary' removed ingredients from their serum that are know to cause this so it might not happen with that brand.

Results will be slower and inferior to oral minoxidil but it's an alternative.

The other alternatives for lashes/brows are:

- Latisse for eyelashes (often causes side effect of fat loss around eyes which looks bad)
- Castor oil/rosemary oil/peppermint oil (can work but take a long time and some say it's cope, apparently no side effects though)
- dying eyebrows and lashes darker (pretty much no side effects but may not do enough of a difference in your brows and lashes)

I'm sure you already know these alternatives but just wanted to go over them.

• +1
IMO the best thing to do is to try oral minoxidil for yourself and see how you react to it. If you get side effects lower the dose or stop and if you don't get sides than great continue. Trial and error is the best method to looksmax. Reading about side effects and overthinking is a sure fire way to not ascend.

I personally started taking topical minoxidil orally for about a week and I have 0 side effects. absolutely nothing. I take 5mg minox daily.

Here's how to properly dose topical minoxidil orally.

- Get a syringe or something to measure 1ml of fluid
- Get a dropper
- Get 5% topical minoxidil

Step 1: Put the minoxidil fluid into your dropper
Step 2: Use the dropper to put minoxidil into the syringe and count the drops till you hit 1ml

Most droppers either have 20 drops for 1ml or 40 drops for 1ml. 1ml of 5% topical minoxidil has 50mg of minoxidil.

So if you dropper has 20 drops for 1 ml, one drop contains 2.5mg minoxidil. In that case drink 1-2 drops a day (2.5-5mg minox). Put a drop in your mouth and swallow down with water.

If your dropper has 40 drops for 1 ml, one drop contains 1.25mg minoxidil. In that case drink 2-4 drops a day (2.5-5mg minox).

Take minox and see if you get side effects (most common sides are heart palpitations, lower blood pressure, etc.)

If you do well with 5mg minoxidil a day, keep going. If you get side effects lower to 2.5mg a day and see if anything changes.

Anecdotally, the vast majority of people have 0 side effects taking topical minoxidil orally at 2.5mg/day, and only some experience side effects at 5mg/day.

Hope this helps
very nice explanation:feelsokman:

• +1
Reactions: erikgaus
That may be true, I don't really know.

If you really don't want to mess with oral minoxidil you could try:

- topical minoxidil on eyebrows
- an eyelash growth serum (from the ordinary or another brand)

Topical minox has less sides and lash growth serum can have some side effects but not dangerous. It can in some people cause discoloration on eyelids or fat loss around the eyes but the lash serum from the brand 'the ordinary' removed ingredients from their serum that are know to cause this so it might not happen with that brand.

Results will be slower and inferior to oral minoxidil but it's an alternative.

The other alternatives for lashes/brows are:

- Latisse for eyelashes (often causes side effect of fat loss around eyes which looks bad)
- Castor oil/rosemary oil/peppermint oil (can work but take a long time and some say it's cope, apparently no side effects though)
- dying eyebrows and lashes darker (pretty much no side effects but may not do enough of a difference in your brows and lashes)

I'm sure you already know these alternatives but just wanted to go over them.
appreciate it