Anyone here done boxing? Best online resources to learn?

D

Deleted member 16220

🥰
If you're a pussy and not here to improve go ahead and block me.

Looking for some input for some REAL MEN who have at least tried fighting or have done boxing or some sort of MMA in the past.

Any input for me? Looking to get shredded and increase my cardio, flexibility, and learn to fight. I work a lot and don't have much time off work.

If anyone knows any GOOD online resources please help me out.

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: WhiteGoodman, MagaPutinism and Deleted member 23554
what? you want online boxing classes?

go to a boxing gym or dont do it

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Yerico7, Deleted member 19453, Zonar and 13 others
Idk about the new stuff but back in te day there was a great book called boxing fitness or something. Some dude called Ian Oliver I think.

Online I can say Tony Jeffries is legit

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, GuyFromSingapore, FailedNormieManlet and 2 others
Online? Jfl

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, chawaje, MagaPutinism and 2 others
Idk about the new stuff but back in te day there was a great book called boxing fitness or something. Some dude called Ian Oliver I think.

Online I can say Tony Jeffries is legit
Sick dude thanks for helping me out. Cardio matters for fighting right...? More than actual strength. I've been in the gym for years got up to 220 lb but I'm trying to get shredded maybe 205 lb and learn to fight.

@FailedNormieManlet has done BJJ. He can inform you

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet and Deleted member 16220
Online? Jfl
Just some resources to learn until I can get into a real boxing gym after I get a new job. Im a wageslave at the moment but making good money. Saving for surgery.

• +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Yerico7, Mouthbreath, Artemis and 2 others

Anyone here done boxing? Best online resources to learn?​

Nigga here thinks Boxing is some kind of mathematical analysis :feelshehe:

Kitty Kitten GIF

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453, Deleted member 24221, Acromegaly_Chad and 2 others
Can you even do martial arts after surgery?

Go to a gym pussy, I started learning mma when I was 19

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore and FailedNormieManlet
I’ve competed in boxing, it’s otherwise go to an actual gym or don’t, online resources are not good if you want to actually fight since you pick up bad habits with no coach correcting you unless you’re just doing boxing for fitness ig

• Woah
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
Just some resources to learn until I can get into a real boxing gym after I get a new job. Im a wageslave at the moment but making good money. Saving for surgery.
Honestly I think supplementing going to a boxing gym and taking courses with training on your own will probably make you better than the other guys there so much faster.

You can practice certain things on your own with a boxing bag, train certain muscles like neck with a harness etc. A lot of things they won't teach you in the boxing gym because you will probably go to some local gym where even the trainers are not that great.

If you train on your own with online advice and constantly work on your weakpoints you could get better than the majority of guys there in a short amount of time. Because these guys just go to the training and then stop thinking about it. Imagine how much better you can get if you autistically hone your skills in your free time.

I'm searching for good online resources as well, about boxing, wrestling and mixed martial arts.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore, Deleted member 16220 and gribsufer1

Looking for some input for some REAL MEN who have at least tried fighting or have done boxing or some sort of MMA in the past.

Any input for me? Looking to get shredded and increase my cardio, flexibility, and learn to fight. I work a lot and don't have much time off work.

do tht shi boxing is one of the best things that has happened in my life , im 15 met boxing at 12 i stopped going 2 a boxing gym (focusing on basketball) but i work at home now n dont regret a single min of my life boxing its sum u will enjoy 24/7 if ur like me

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16220

also , dont be late 2 practice sparring in a boxing gym itll be the best experience

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore
I’ve competed in boxing, it’s otherwise go to an actual gym or don’t, online resources are not good if you want to actually fight since you pick up bad habits with no coach correcting you unless you’re just doing boxing for fitness ig
Mirin hard bhai, what weight are you

• +1
Reactions: redlorry34
Go to a gym

• +1
Mirin hard bhai, what weight are you
Competed at 61kg lightweight division, sad thing was I had no abs and was just stick thin until I went gym to put on muscle and stopped with competitive boxing :feelswah:

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
I didn’t do boxing but I wrestling. The only thing you would really do at home for a combat sport is conditioning which to be fair is really benefits for a spot like boxing. Get a jump rope and go crazy.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16220 and WhiteGoodman
Competed at 61kg lightweight division, sad thing was I had no abs and was just stick thin until I went gym to put on muscle and stopped with competitive boxing :feelswah:
How long you box and what’s your height? Do you mog?

The late great Jack Dempsey (Mike Tyson's prototype) wrote a book called "Championship Fighting: Explosive punching and aggressive defence" which is out of copyright and so can be downloaded for free online.

Recommended reading for all aspiring pugilists.

• Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore, Deleted member 16220 and gribsufer1
LOL idk why you’d say that.

Anyways here’s what you can do, buy some wrist wrap and 2 pairs of gloves. (You don’t need head gear when sparing with beginners but if you plan on going to a boxing gym, get head gear)

Level 1 is learning the basics. Learn how to throw a jab,cross, left hood, right hook and uppercut. Tutorials online

If you have a bag this is perfect, throw some combos focus on form at first

Then learn basic movement and do some dodging practice, there’s a vid on YouTube I always use where the dude throws a punch and you move around or block.

Level 2 : is getting a friend who’s interested and sparing with him. Or full on fighting (I full on fight with a group of my friends in a park at night, it’s a fun event)

Level 3 : sign up to a class and boxing gym, the best way your gonna get better is by getting a mentor who knows what he’s doing

Level 4 : start competing (2nd best way to improve fast)

• +1
LOL idk why you’d say that.

Anyways here’s what you can do, buy some wrist wrap and 2 pairs of gloves. (You don’t need head gear when sparing with beginners but if you plan on going to a boxing gym, get head gear)

Level 1 is learning the basics. Learn how to throw a jab,cross, left hood, right hook and uppercut. Tutorials online

If you have a bag this is perfect, throw some combos focus on form at first

Then learn basic movement and do some dodging practice, there’s a vid on YouTube I always use where the dude throws a punch and you move around or block.

Level 2 : is getting a friend who’s interested and sparing with him. Or full on fighting (I full on fight with a group of my friends in a park at night, it’s a fun event)

Level 3 : sign up to a class and boxing gym, the best way your gonna get better is by getting a mentor who knows what he’s doing

Level 4 : start competing (2nd best way to improve fast)
or fight on the street to train like am actual harcore motherfucker

• +1
Sick dude thanks for helping me out. Cardio matters for fighting right...? More than actual strength. I've been in the gym for years got up to 220 lb but I'm trying to get shredded maybe 205 lb and learn to fight.

Yes cardio is extremely important for Combat Sports/Martial Arts.

In MMA there's a concept called "gas out", which means getting tired from not being able to keep up with the pace.

Cardio is a tactic in Boxing/MMA where you use it to pressure your opponents.

Only fatfucks in heavyweight division like Roy Nelson use power over cardio to win.

Running alot helps you with movement/footwork.

Also strength is also important. That's why almost all Boxers/MMA guys lift weights/do push ups.

A fast moving, slick Calisthenics guy can whoop the ass out of a guy 20 kg heavier than him.

• +1
Looksmax and boxing isn't a great idea, they will hit your face and destroy it.

Also for striking, it is best to do Muay Thai > KickBoxing > Boxing.

Sure Boxing is way older, has evolved more/is more technical but using your knees/shins allows... Hmmm... How do I say? Makes you more versatile? Equipped?

Just trying a spinning back/hook kick makes you feel great

• +1

Sure Boxing is way older, has evolved more/is more technical but using your knees/shins allows... Hmmm... How do I say? Makes you more versatile? Equipped?

arnis actually mogs muay thai becuase of weapons making you m7cu more versatile and increases your upper body range, speed versatility amd striking strength

arnis actually mogs muay thai becuase of weapons making you m7cu more versatile and increases your upper body range, speed versatility amd striking strength

I understand the importance of weapons.

just put yourself out there and spin frames

Thanks dude. This is funny I am half Thai. So if i learned Muay Thai that would be cool for me personally.

Do you have discord? Ill dm you and ask for it 👍

• JFL
Reactions: gribsufer1
Thanks dude. This is funny I am half Thai. So if i learned Muay Thai that would be cool for me personally.

Do you have discord? Ill dm you and ask for it 👍
you just said u dont use discord

online resources. Lol. You need to go to a gym.

• WTF
Reactions: gribsufer1