anyone here play guitar?

NorwoodAscender

NorwoodAscender

addy acquired… WE ARE SO BACK
if so, what’s a good starter one and amp.

and how hard is it to teach yourself

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 3 others
No I play Roblox

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn, Mog3D, SidharthTheSlayer and 4 others
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and NorwoodAscender
  • +1
Reactions: PointOfNoReturn and NorwoodAscender
Depends on your iq and how much time you have
in the 120s

i’ll give it a shot, nothing to lose. i’ll buy some relatively cheap shit

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn, ShawarmaFilth and 2 others
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn, vampmaxxer and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn, ShawarmaFilth and 1 other person
Yeah, it's hard, looked me a year just to play a couple songs half assed

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel and PointOfNoReturn
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel and PointOfNoReturn
if so, what’s a good starter one and amp.

and how hard is it to teach yourself
Get yourself an acoustic and you'll drop the guitar within a day. You to have intrinsic motivation but you do you.

• +1
Reactions: horsefacin, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel and PointOfNoReturn
Of course it does jfl. It requires you to process and remember information.
Ahh yes, the intellectual juggernaut jimi hendrix

• +1
i was playing when i was a kid but i was lazy to practice

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 1 other person
My cousin has a guitar and she's been taking lessons since like 2 years and she's still awful. She's low iq so you would probably do better tho.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn, Mog3D and 3 others
if you dont have high iq and didnt start as a kid give up

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 2 others
It's a meme instrument now, I only see ethnics and jestermaxxed subhumans playing guitar now.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 2 others
Dont bother if u didnt start as a kid coming from someone who plays bass and guitars

Unless u want pretty basic songs youre fine

• +1
Just learn accoustic if u really want

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 1 other person
  • +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn, ShawarmaFilth and 1 other person
is it a good amount easier?
On accoustic its easier to control the strings compared to electric (more slippery) thinner lighter strings and lighter overall than a bass and accoustic is more straightforward u needa to learn extra skills with the others

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn, St.TikTokcel and 1 other person
I have been playing it for more than 7 years, but i was pretty inconsistent, even though i was 80% self taught, Im still extremely skilled, but thats mostly natural talent, I recommend yamaha guitars, cheap for the quality that they offer

• +1
It’s hard to learn but when u can pull it off it’s very satisfying

Also huge halo

• +1
On accoustic its easier to control the strings compared to electric (more slippery) thinner lighter strings and lighter overall than a bass and accoustic is more straightforward u needa to learn extra skills with the others
@PointOfNoReturn

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: horsefacin, <6PSLcel, PointOfNoReturn and 2 others
Me :feelsyay:

• +1
Give a price range for an answer. Probably a 24 fret fixed bridge Jackson Rhoads(can be played in classical position), and some form of modeling amp. E.g. boss katana or grid spark

Yeah, he’s wrong. Acoustic will pick up on every intricacy in playing. He has to have perfect intonation or the mistakes will be heard, electric can just cover everything with enough gain. Even playing in time sounds more convincing

He should just get a guitar and play, carries him much further than looking for answers.
if you dont have high iq and didnt start as a kid give up
Depends on what your goals are. Just learn your open chords, a I IV V progression, and some Led Zeppelin riffs/licks. Bitches will think you’re the second coming of Christ

Started at 19. Just dedicate every waking hour theory. Though he fits the former criteria, being high iq.

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel, NorwoodAscender and St.TikTokcel
Yeah, he’s wrong. Acoustic will pick up on every intricacy in playing. He has to have perfect intonation or the mistakes will be heard, electric can just cover everything with enough gain. Even playing in time sounds more convincing
It's not even that. Acoustics have higher action and more tension since that's how they are made (acoustic tone). Moreover, in what way do bass/electric need extra techniques JFL. Eletric is way easier to play because of thinner strings and lower action. As for the bass it literally only has 4 strings and is mostly used to play root notes. Also, when I got my first acoustic (the usual fender dreadnought) it took me 2 days to re-adjust since it was pain in the arse to play barre chords. No way inkies larp about playing the guitar on this forum JFL.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel, <6PSLcel, try2beme and 1 other person
Moreover, in what way do bass/electric need extra techniques JFL.
Every skill he could learn on one translates over, barring intonation on acoustic being different to adjust to. I don’t even touch it since it exposes my playing. No clue where he got that take from that one needs extra technique.
I’m guessing they’re comparing acoustic ballads, think Beatles or Ed Sheeran, to tech death and metal players thinking that type of technical ability can only be played on electric.

Only instrument exclusive technique I can think of is using feedback on electric guitar and getting it to sound good(Robert Fripp esque shit)
No way inkies larp about playing the guitar on this forum JFL.
Even I neglect practice, just pick up and fuck around till I’m bored. I doubt he’s going to get much help on this forum for rotters, of all places. TheGearPage or some shit would be better suited for him.

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell, <6PSLcel and NorwoodAscender
Give a price range for an answer. Probably a 24 fret fixed bridge Jackson Rhoads(can be played in classical position), and some form of modeling amp. E.g. boss katana or grid spark
just under $800 for everything prob is my budget rn

the guitar, amp, etc

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: say∅ and <6PSLcel
It's not even that. Acoustics have higher action and more tension since that's how they are made (acoustic tone). Moreover, in what way do bass/electric need extra techniques JFL. Eletric is way easier to play because of thinner strings and lower action. As for the bass it literally only has 4 strings and is mostly used to play root notes. Also, when I got my first acoustic (the usual fender dreadnought) it took me 2 days to re-adjust since it was pain in the arse to play barre chords. No way inkies larp about playing the guitar on this forum JFL.
I learned accoustic first as a kid, then bass then electric. Nice try tho lmao let me guess you play one or none that you learned by yourself in your basement

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Every skill he could learn on one translates over, barring intonation on acoustic being different to adjust to. I don’t even touch it since it exposes my playing. No clue where he got that take from that one needs extra technique.
I’m guessing they’re comparing acoustic ballads, think Beatles or Ed Sheeran, to tech death and metal players thinking that type of technical ability can only be played on electric.
I'd argue that acoustic/classic guitar requires more "technique" since flamenco and classical chords exist.
Only instrument exclusive technique I can think of is using feedback on electric guitar and getting it to sound good(Robert Fripp esque shit)

Even I neglect practice, just pick up and fuck around till I’m bored. I doubt he’s going to get much help on this forum for rotters, of all places. TheGearPage or some shit would be better suited for him.
@SLA was my mentor. Oldcel with 20 years for experience. Sadly, he's gone.

• +1
I'd argue that acoustic/classic guitar requires more "technique" since flamenco and classical chords exist.
Dependent on player I guess. Jazz fusion guys like Di Meola and McLaughlin came over and outperformed Paco de Lucia in flamenco

@SLA was a mogger. Saw him covering Petrucci

• +1
Reactions: Spiritualcell, <6PSLcel and St.TikTokcel